antag suggestion: chaos incarnation

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
RobloxDown2023
Byond Username: RobloxDown2021

antag suggestion: chaos incarnation

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #708461

(no idea to post this since i didn't find a suggestion topic in the forum)

ok soo i ahelped once a admin to ask if i could do some antag gimmicks and he said "but u gotta be antag" and that led me to think, why would i do antag gimmicks if i already get a uplink waiting to be spent, wasting my time doing single caps when i can just buy a syndicate bomb and delam the sm would be a waste of time, soo heres my idea

it can be on roundstart, midround or lateround

you get nothing, no uplink, no powers, you are sick, you age way faster than other lifeforms, every X ticks and in around 1 hour will die from old age, when examined you have "void eyes and a blank expression", the only way to hide that is to wear glasses or something, what you get however is the ability to cause chaos on the station, its basically a traitor but with no uplink, powers or distractions such as main, secondary and delta objectives, just raw license to unleash your will with a great drawback, however you can be deconverted by the same means as a rev, by mindshield implant or brain damage, its basically a dark god possessing you as a deteriorating shell to cause chaos on the station

id say make it less rare than traitor because my luck has been awful and also make it a ruin reward soo miners can get possessed by the dark energy and it even could be a canon lore thing or something i dont know but im tired of playing 5, 2 hour shifts a day and rolling like traitor 2 tiems, in my 300 gameplay hours ive only rolled nukies 2 times and lone ops 1 time

also imagine the exchange as this, the evil god needs a veil to drain lifeforce from and in return he gives you freedom from the gods restraints temporarily, as once you die you go directly to hell, im also thinking on a chemical that extends further your lifetime though with a limit of like 1 hour and 30 minutes of life, mostly based on ratvar and the tf2 comics because they use australium to become immortal of age
currently empty but gonna start filling it with funny prints soon! :ugeek:

traits:
i have no enemies
i like to help people in shifts
all my bans from manuel fr
im unrobust as hell
everyone hates me and im often bullied

fav song for no particular reason:

Not-A-Robusta Best Moment (Sec Officer) (Killed everyone in round end deathmatch):

Teddy Greyson Best Moment (Chemist) (Accidentally exploded my gunpowder lab i spent 30 min making):
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Re: antag suggestion: chaos incarnation

Post by TheLoLSwat » #708469

Why would someone want to roll this antag instead of heretic or traitor or changeling??

What’s stopping you from being outted immediately due to a random examination from a passerby or a department coworker?

Is there any upside to rolling this antag other than a time limit on yourself?
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #708470

Hardmode antag sounds cool, and I never spend TC anyways.
Not sure I'm a fan of the Dark Entity lore though, plus I think there's a moratorium on adding more magic based antags.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #708471

Antags that punish you for playing them like obsessed are bad and they should be obliterated from the code
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708482

Not to shoot down your suggestion, but this is just any solo antag on LRP, except it sounds like blood brothers without the brother.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #708490

This sounds just bad, why would anyone want to be this, maybe it could be a thing on Manuel?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708491

my advice is to simply use your free will and volition to choose not to purchase anything from your uplink or heretic menu or whathaveyou
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #708493

Yeah, you can just kinda turn most antags into this antag by just deciding to play it that way. Admin assistance if you want to be 'deantaged' by a mindshield but I'm not sure what value this adds. What the LRP freedoms are all about, you can do any number of crazy things as any antag with or without any antag tools.

As for "why would I want to give up my uplink", well, if you added this as a formal antag you're just doing that in code. Every antag that rolls is at the expense of another type of antag ; that is, the game rolls antags by picking options from a list ; you add an option to the list so when it's picked, it's picked /instead/ of something else.

This also makes it largely irrelevant in terms of your "how often i roll antags", adding more types doesn't create more threat in a round, it just spreads out the way it spends threat in more ways, as a standard lone antag the resultant number of antags per round will be largely unchanged, i.e. every existing antag type becomes /slightly/ less common in order to acommodate the new option

Doesn't sound like a great idea, dilution of the threat spend + the opportunity cost of an antag roll is why I didn't like thief - it took away from other things rather than /just/ adding some flavour (my preference was adding another minor-antag-roll timer/threat spend)

(Ruin antags are a bad thing and have been removed previously)
RobloxDown2023

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #708541

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:19 am Why would someone want to roll this antag instead of heretic or traitor or changeling??

What’s stopping you from being outted immediately due to a random examination from a passerby or a department coworker?

Is there any upside to rolling this antag other than a time limit on yourself?
not really i was thinking more on making soo it has a small chance of being rolled when you dont roll an antag, shifts would most time have atleast 1-2 or in some very rare cases 3-4+, maybe make soo its a sleeper agent thign where u awaken it out of nowhere, because lore wise syndicate posters are made to demoralize the crew and make them turn agains't nanontransen soo it could be a thing

traits:
i have no enemies
im unrobust as hell

Not-A-Robusta Best Moment (Sec Officer) (Killed everyone in round end deathmatch):

Teddy Greyson Best Moment (Chemist) (Accidentally exploded my gunpowder lab i spent 30 min making):
RobloxDown2023

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #708542

warbluke wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:21 am Hardmode antag sounds cool, and I never spend TC anyways.
Not sure I'm a fan of the Dark Entity lore though, plus I think there's a moratorium on adding more magic based antags.
ehhh its more like a magic disease that can only be extended and not really cured but i admit its a brute suggestion and needs more feedback before it can either become acceptable or get discarded

traits:
i have no enemies
im unrobust as hell

RobloxDown2023

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #708543

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:56 pm This sounds just bad, why would anyone want to be this, maybe it could be a thing on Manuel?
it would be nice if u didn't roll antag to have the chance to become a antag if maybe the code was tweaked to fit that in, soo lets say i dont roll antag and the shift is 30 min in and i randomly roll it, but from feedback ive also tought on the possibility of making it like a "devil's bargain" soo u can either accept or reject it

traits:
i have no enemies
im unrobust as hell

RobloxDown2023

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #708544

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:58 pm my advice is to simply use your free will and volition to choose not to purchase anything from your uplink or heretic menu or whathaveyou
my point is, you have played many shifts to obtain traitor and when you finnaly do you get a uplink to complete your tasks soo why wouldn't you spend it, its like getting superpowers and a house but u choose to keep the house and not use the superpowers, but why not just get the house without the superpowers? also traitors arent really creative these days nor do any gimmicks soo i believe it would be a extra challenge to them, having to do what they love most (grief) at the cost of being perma round removed in X time (like hereditary manifold sickness but comes with a grief license) and not having any advantages having to use their own raw knowledge from the game to best everyone else

traits:
i have no enemies
im unrobust as hell

RobloxDown2023

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #708545

iain0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:51 pm Yeah, you can just kinda turn most antags into this antag by just deciding to play it that way. Admin assistance if you want to be 'deantaged' by a mindshield but I'm not sure what value this adds. What the LRP freedoms are all about, you can do any number of crazy things as any antag with or without any antag tools.
but that wastes the point of antags, having a rare chance of getting a license to grief with some advantages to make you achieve your objectives better, when mine is just, having a med chance of getting a license to grief but you get disadvantages and no superpowers or anything
iain0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:51 pm As for "why would I want to give up my uplink", well, if you added this as a formal antag you're just doing that in code. Every antag that rolls is at the expense of another type of antag ; that is, the game rolls antags by picking options from a list ; you add an option to the list so when it's picked, it's picked /instead/ of something else.
thats why im sayin if you roll none of them you should get a second chance to get that sweet sweet permission to grief
iain0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:51 pm This also makes it largely irrelevant in terms of your "how often i roll antags", adding more types doesn't create more threat in a round, it just spreads out the way it spends threat in more ways, as a standard lone antag the resultant number of antags per round will be largely unchanged, i.e. every existing antag type becomes /slightly/ less common in order to acommodate the new option
thats why if you roll none of them it should be a diff chance to also roll it if u dont roll an antag
iain0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:51 pm Doesn't sound like a great idea, dilution of the threat spend + the opportunity cost of an antag roll is why I didn't like thief - it took away from other things rather than /just/ adding some flavour (my preference was adding another minor-antag-roll timer/threat spend)

(Ruin antags are a bad thing and have been removed previously)
thats why acommodate the current code into making 2 diff antag rolls, gg ez

traits:
i have no enemies
im unrobust as hell

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #708549

A wild quintpost appears...
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708550

when you code it (I wil reject it)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708551

I was not ready for five posts in a row.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708565

these sort of posts happen when you let a 10 year old access the parents' computer
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708568

when you code it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #708609

I miss Tonto
feedback appreciated here <3
Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield