Spicy Pillow phone chronicles

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Spicy Pillow phone chronicles

Post by Timonk » #708575

Welcome, average players club enjoyers.
Today will be the first day(night) of the Spicy Pillow phone chronicles (SPPC).

As an introduction, today during uni i noticed that my phone was getting very hot for no reason. i took off my phone case to inspect it and i found out that it is indeed, slightly spicy and already bulging my slim phone. its not enough to be noticed immediately but enough that i can feel it, see it and i can also literally seesaw it when i lay it down. of course, i turned it off immediately. its partly my fault that its spicy because i left it plugged in 24/7 while also sleeping on it. i also suspect my charger to be sus. My plan is to get it replaced in the next week or so because my parents are also cutting me out of the mobile plan. switching the battery was originally an option but since i may be cut out of the mobile plan i can get a 1€ phone from some ass tariff and i dont have to replace the battery that way.

Tonight, i have to sleep next to it while it is on, because i need the alarm clock function to get up in time.i am kinda scared because heating up for no reason is definitely not a new behaviour. it just got to the point that it started bulging and cracking my screen protector. anyways. i hope i dont burn to death with phone splitters in my head in my own bed tonight, or next week even. i probably have to charge it too some time, i will keep updating every day.
These chronicles will end when i give my phone away to be recycled, destroyed or what have you. i will not tolerate spicy pillows in MY flat.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Spicy Pillow phone chronicles

Post by Jacquerel » #708577

wow its almost ready to hatch, you can encourage the new life within to emerge faster by blowing on the device gently using a hair dryer
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #708578

I had this happen to me once but it was a laptop. I still use it but the thing tends to bluescreen five times in a row every few weeks.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #708588

Get a really loud alarm, then put the phone somewhere not on your bed, then sleep with a fire extinguisher instead.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708596

You've been sleeping 24/7? How the hell are you typing any of this?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708601

Day 2

i survived.
no thanks to my quick wits and huge brain, i decided to put the phone on the floor next to my bed. that way i wouldnt have my face burned off if it did explode.
i found out my ISP charged me 45€ for plugging in my router, a service i didnt even request. i signed a new mobile data plan with them, i will also be getting a new phone because of this. i have also decided to keep my phone around because i might as well do it and experiment on it (changing a phone battery for the first time, as an example.) i hope it doesnt explode on me before i change the battery, though.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708663

Day 3

I noticed that there is wiggle room at the site of inflation (i can press down my display and it pops back up). i charged my phone for the second time since i noticed its inflating today. i might be imagining things, but i think its getting worse.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708667

Whatever you do resist the urge to stab the battery.

It won't explode or catch fire. It'll just ruin your battery.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708670

Thank you. I will take your advice and shank it instead.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708671

Also it will very well catch fire because the gas released is very flammable
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708723

Day 4
Another day where I am alive.
I discovered the order for my new phone didn't go through because they tried ridding me of an additional 100€ because they can't get their prices straight in the shop. I managed to get that down to 60€. Tomorrow I start programming in Java at 8am on a Monday. I hope I will survive until then.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #708799

Why do you sleep on your phone?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708830

oranges wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 pm Why do you sleep on your phone?
lack of space and i also thought it didnt damage it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708831

Day 5
I have charged it for a third time. maybe i will burn tomorrow, or never. i do not know. nightmares of burning to death keep haunting me. i hope this will end soon.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708836

Timonk wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:10 ami hope this will end soon.
there are probably other ways you should word this to avoid tempting fate
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708861

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:00 am there are probably other ways you should word this to avoid tempting fate
Day 6
Oh god. i had to charge it for a 4th time today. something is going to happen soon. my postal carrier announced that my new phone was coming within 1 hour before it was actually delivered and of course it was while i was in uni. it of course couldnt be delivered since i am not a low life who sits at home at 10.30 am on a tuesday (unlike tomorrow where i will sleep at 10.30am on a wednesday) i am going to have to pick up my new phone from a packing station tomorrow. i hope my flat wont go up in flames while i am at uni or while i am picking up my new phone since i am not insured yet. praying rn.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #708877

ITT: Timonk cooks a firebomb in his bedroom.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708878

NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:52 am ITT: Timonk cooks a firebomb in his bedroom.
Who wouldn't?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #709106

Day 7: i died
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #709109

im going to put timonk in the clone vat
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #709308

day 10: i revived like Jesus Christ
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #709321

How's the new phone?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #709363

NecromancerAnne wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:01 am How's the new phone?
Bigger and heavier
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #709379

i just noticed that it does not have a headphone jack :cry:
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #709389

bro they removed the headphone jack like 10 years ago
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #709418

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:19 pm bro they removed the headphone jack like 10 years ago
t. iPhone virgin
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: