Having a Crate time ban appeal nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Having a Crate time ban appeal nut

Post by iwishforducks » #711113

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35286
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: Having a Crate time ban appeal nut

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711280

Capsandi wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:23 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 am Someone responded to my post but they deleted it, bummer.
I think its sort of fucked up to do so im going to snitch, dirk_mcblade routinely emptyquotes you and deletes his posts just 2 fuck with you
Nah it was Prussen.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711289

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 am Someone responded to my post but they deleted it, bummer.
I think its sort of fucked up to do so im going to snitch, dirk_mcblade routinely emptyquotes you and deletes his posts just 2 fuck with you
He would never
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #711302

i can read deleted posts and this is correct, kinda fucked up ngl
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #711310

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:16 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35286
Hi could you explain to me the reasoning behind your thread title
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711311

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:15 am
he sprited the now-soon-to-be-replaced crates
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #711312

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:18 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:15 am
he sprited the now-soon-to-be-replaced crates
i would have rather you referred to him somehow as Crate Man and not used it as the verb but it's still a really crate thread title
Crate Man Crates Crate Cratastrophy would have been more appropriate I think

7.8/10
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711313

Make tgstation... Crate again? 😏
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #711314

If my pupper doesn't like sleeping in his crate, is he resisting a rest

edit: again the new crate PR looks awesome, I can only hope MTandi does medkits and closets in the same style
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

Post by Prussen » #711346

Hey mods why did you remove my post

Edit:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Prussen on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711349

Prussen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:29 pm
they removed you from the game too
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Prussen

Post by Prussen » #711353

Timonk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:50 pm
Really? I hadn't figured that out let me go check, thanks for the heads up
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711415

Prussen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:56 pm
yea kinda fucked up how you told an admin to kill themselves
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #711418

I lost a bet to Keith about this ban, thank God he doesn't have the memory nor ability to cash in on it anymore.
► Show Spoiler
Prussen

Post by Prussen » #711424

Timonk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:40 pm
Prussen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:56 pm
yea kinda fucked up how you told an admin to kill themselves
Hey man it would be cool if you stopped spreading misinformation, borb did that actually
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #711429

Chadley wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:55 pm I lost a bet to Keith about this ban, thank God he doesn't have the memory nor ability to cash in on it anymore.
what was the bet
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #711435

oranges wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:24 pm
Chadley wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:55 pm I lost a bet to Keith about this ban, thank God he doesn't have the memory nor ability to cash in on it anymore.
what was the bet
I bet Viro would get banned for something overtly misogynist. He said it'd be anything else.
► Show Spoiler
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #711512

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:33 pm This is going to be a mess of thoughts so I'ma spoil it:
Spoiler:
I am a bit bummed that Viro left because it's clear they had dedication
I just don't think their color scheme or designs fit the rest of TG well
it's a shame they never really adjusted them because Viro's sprites can look good on TG with the right tweaks

Viro was 100% baiting people with the github thing
at the same time people have been incredibly hostile towards Viro
simultaneously Viro has been intentionally inflammatory and hostile
I am unsure who started it first but it's pretty clear both sides weren't going to budge, ever
I am unsure if Viro actually got special treatment as they were a regular contributor, but from a players perspective it looked like it due to the extremely fast merging of the crates + the merging of the cargo recolor + redesign when they didn't even recolor everything
this, combined with Viro acting like gods gift to the earth whenever a PR got merged, being incredibly condescending towards players, and the design/coloring change that most of their resprites brought, led to them being detested by a lot of people

their behavior towards Moff was far out of line
Moffs comments could be taken as being condescending, but I am 100% sure they meant well
Moffs thing about the color theory is understandably insulting from the perspective of an experienced spriter but I do not imagine they knew Viro was an experienced spriter, and I imagine they would have left such a comment on anyone's PR
at the same time TG is filled to the brim with full on aggressive to the point that people interpret being overly polite and stepping on eggshells to be a slight against them
Viro has a fragile ego and anything but praise gets them spitting acid, especially from users who haven't sprited, have sprited less than them, or aren't a spritetainer or sprite buddy.

the doxxing thing is important to understand in context because Viro didn't full on say to Moff "Be lucky I don't doxx like I used to", as Moff had long since left the sprite channel, they were talking to their spriter buddies
at the same time talking about doxxing at all, and especially stating that you had done it in the past to people who pissed you off is INCREDIBLY stupid, especially within such a short timespan of ranting against a person and insulting them repeatedly

it's a cultural norm at this point for contributors look down at the pl*yers and for the players to look down at the c*ders/sp*rters
both of these attitudes are self defeating, destructive, and toxic
I really wish the administration on both sides would try and clamp down on this, but I am unsure how it could be done
people posting "viro is gone" celebration pics frustrated me to be honest

I wish players were less toxic towards contributors
I wish contributors were less toxic and demeaning to players
I wish people would actually have good faith debates as opposed to both sides acting like fucking idiots
I wish we had old mosins back and old cargo back tbh
I love new mosins...

On a more serious note, very, very happy to see Viro gone. MoffNyan is very, very friendly, and has a LOT of well-meaning intentions. I don't believe their writeup was condescending at all, really, tg just has a bit of an environment that fosters paranoia about those sorts of things with how some our folks get. Viro's an INCORRIGIBLE asshole either way, even if I respect (relative) skill and dedication on their part spriting for tg
Walter brought back Crack.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711522

Moff pretty thoroughly spelled out what was wrong with the sprites so I don't get why viro got mad. They got a lot of constructive criticism for free and if it was condescending it was well deserved given they sprited those lockers to look as though someone threw a bomb inside them.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711531

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:21 am Moff pretty thoroughly spelled out what was wrong with the sprites so I don't get why viro got mad.
This is exactly why he got mad.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711536

CPTANT wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:52 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:21 am Moff pretty thoroughly spelled out what was wrong with the sprites so I don't get why viro got mad.
again if I had to put money on what line broke the camel's back it was probably the one where Moff (intentionally or not) said that Viro should practice color theory more or something.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #711537

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:40 am
again if I had to put money on what line broke the camel's back it was probably the one where Moff (intentionally or not) said that Viro should practice color theory more or something.
I am personally of the opinion that telling the guy who constantly uses Colour Theory in arguments against people, that he should study Colour Theory more, is fucking hilarious.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711540

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:49 am I am personally of the opinion that telling the guy who constantly uses Colour Theory in arguments against people, that he should study Colour Theory more, is fucking hilarious.
The most funny thing is that he started by egging people on to shit on his proposal, but that he completely exploded by that one sentence, which was basically what he asked for.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711542

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:40 am
If the shoe fits then wear it. If your understanding of color theory sucks then go study it more.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #711588

Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:27 pm
It doesn't, but most of what Viro was doing that was reprehensible occurred on the Discord and not the GIthub. They were warned by a maintainer for rage-baiting in the PR title/body and they fixed that part.

It would be like us banning someone from the servers for being a dickhead on the forums.
our consensus back on Bubberstation was that if you did something serious and shitty enough to cop a perma from any game space, we'd ban you from all of them - some people might just not be able to function well in one setting or the other, might get along well enough if you just take away their ability to post, but in a lot of cases whatever you'd done to cop a perma was dispositive enough of a terrible attitude towards other community members that it would be unfair to risk subjecting the community to it anywhere.

does Viro play at all? would he still be able to enjoy the community and not be toxic to folks if he just wasn't on Discord or the Git?

edit: or even just Discord since that's where this ban currently applies, idk - it seems like the record suggests he can't do well being on both, though, and I'm not sure he'd want to be around or participate healthily in either if he wasn't. the apology and what he's said he wants to do are encouraging to me at least.
Last edited by Higgin on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feedback appreciated here <3
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #711590

Higgin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:28 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:27 pm
It doesn't, but most of what Viro was doing that was reprehensible occurred on the Discord and not the GIthub. They were warned by a maintainer for rage-baiting in the PR title/body and they fixed that part.

It would be like us banning someone from the servers for being a dickhead on the forums.
our consensus back on Bubberstation was that if you did something serious and shitty enough to cop a perma from any game space, we'd ban you from all of them - some people might just not be able to function well in one setting or the other, might get along well enough if you just take away their ability to post, but in a lot of cases whatever you'd done to cop a perma was dispositive enough of a terrible attitude towards other community members that it would be unfair to risk subjecting the community to it anywhere.

does Viro play at all? would he still be able to enjoy the community and not be toxic to folks if he just wasn't on Discord or the Git?
The general mindset of the administration is that some people just can't be in specific spaces for some reason. There are at least a few forum posters who are fucking awful to deal with on the forums but give us zero issues in-game. They don't want to ban someone from everything just because they're hard to deal with on one specific platform.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #711847

edit: or even just Discord since that's where this ban currently applies, idk - it seems like the record suggests he can't do well being on both, though, and I'm not sure he'd want to be around or participate healthily in either if he wasn't. the apology and what he's said he wants to do are encouraging to me at least.
Separation between codebase and server is absolute (sorta). We are different groups, it's just the admins let us bum on their couch (discord).
The decision is up to different people, who make decisions for different reasons. Frankly the doxxing part of this ban is bs, what holds water is viro being a dick, and he's said he won't do that on the repo currently, so why ban him?
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
knightlyeli
Byond Username: Kochieboy

Post by knightlyeli » #711859

Cool! What a great crate! My great-great grandfather had a crate that was greater than thi-
:ian: LEAST ROBUST SCIENTIST SINCE 2011 :ian:

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711884

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:19 am

Separation between codebase and server is absolute (sorta). We are different groups, it's just the admins let us bum on their couch (discord).
The decision is up to different people, who make decisions for different reasons. Frankly the doxxing part of this ban is bs, what holds water is viro being a dick, and he's said he won't do that on the repo currently, so why ban him?
Honestly I think what he is just as relevant for the repo as for discord since it was 100% about what was happening on his PR. He was being an ass about feedback there, I don't think the channel being used is that relevant.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #711967

Public information, not since 2022
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Laminade
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711975

Dax Dupont wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:07 am

Public information, not since 2022
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Laminade
I am shocked! SHOCKED! Well, not that shocked.
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #711989

Man has only played a total of ten rounds on TG. What the fuck?
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711990

Bmon wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:18 am Man has only played a total of ten rounds on TG. What the fuck?
Not unheard of for coders/spriters to post their PRs upstream. Plus, I imagine the TG coding/spriting discords are probably the hub for all TG and downstream servers that use TG as a base.