new ban appeal form stat tracking: 3 month update

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

new ban appeal form stat tracking: 3 month update

Post by Timonk » #728948

TLDR: Issues in faulty ban appeals stayed the same (HTML incident went up a bit), people who have used it correctly almost doubled, less people have not used the new ban appeal form

now that we have a bigger sample size on the issues, we can conclude that my smaller sample size was correct already.
i have thought about tracking other stats, like ban appeals per month, but that one would not make any sense yet. i think i will wait until we have a full year on that one.
any ideas on what else to track?
Data
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: new ban appeal form stat tracking: 3 month update

Post by Jacquerel » #728949

we need to plot how strongly "correctly using the ban appeal form" correlates to appeal success
I dont think this will tell us anything useful at all I just think it would be funny
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #728951

track something interesting
do a peanut thread tier-list or something
Like my admining? Feedback here!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #728953

PapaMichael wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 pm track something interesting
like?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #729260

bump i think maybe
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

MatrixOne
Byond Username: MatrixOne

Post by MatrixOne » #729801

I thought it was interesting, would like to see more random charts

And yeah the ratio of used right to successful appeals would be cool to see
Image I play Selena Rohrmann and Darkens-The-Bleak on Manuel
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #729809

I don't think there will be any correlation between the correct use of the template and appeal success, specially if it's stuff like the title, the box-checking or issues with the HTML. An admin with more than half a braincell will be able to look past those small details and gather the important arguments and "vibes" from the player. To me, while the box-checking is a pretty useful tool to ease communication, the most important part is "Why should this appeal be accepted?", where the appealant actually says why they believe the ban/note should be changed
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #729811

Justice12354 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:04 pm I don't think there will be any correlation between the correct use of the template and appeal success, specially if it's stuff like the title, the box-checking or issues with the HTML. An admin with more than half a braincell will be able to look past those small details and gather the important arguments and "vibes" from the player. To me, while the box-checking is a pretty useful tool to ease communication, the most important part is "Why should this appeal be accepted?", where the appealant actually says why they believe the ban/note should be changed
yea but these also correlate to a lack of appeal effort
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #729812

Justice12354 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:04 pm I don't think there will be any correlation between the correct use of the template and appeal success, specially if it's stuff like the title, the box-checking or issues with the HTML. An admin with more than half a braincell will be able to look past those small details and gather the important arguments and "vibes" from the player. To me, while the box-checking is a pretty useful tool to ease communication, the most important part is "Why should this appeal be accepted?", where the appealant actually says why they believe the ban/note should be changed
I also don't think there will be any useful conclusion to draw but i like pointless charts
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #729882

Jacquerel wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:23 pm I also don't think there will be any useful conclusion to draw but i like pointless charts
what a coincidence, me too!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: