Bigot wars 2022 nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Bigot wars 2022 nut

Post by EmpressMaia » #652314

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32469

Admins try not to ban over fucking anything challenge
Users try not to be constant assholes challenge
(Impossible)

Goddammit I wish we distanced ourself from the cesspit that is 4chan holy shit.

inb4 "we added they/them look what happened".
Last edited by EmpressMaia on Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Re: Bigot wars 2022 nut

Post by stairmaster » #652636

I think you should be allowed to call people little homie gay ass but only IC
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #652646

Dax Dupont wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:30 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:42 pm Ya'll here acting like the racist/transphobe is not going to fight back and is somehow civil enough not to use a weapon.

If you attack someone, they fight back. That is why you do not initiate a fight unless you think life or limb is at stake.
So? Don't start a fight that you can't win. If you throw a punch you must be ready to commit to the consequences of your actions.
Yes. That is what I am saying.

You might lose.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #652653

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:50 am If you intended to be bigoted, were infact being bigoted, but your speech falls under something where if MSO ruled it bigoted he'd have to confront the fact he's got a bit of the ol' bigotry running through his own veins then you're pretty much golden, as I don't expect such ephiphanies any time soon.
I do not think you understand just how close I have gotten to angrily blacklisting everybody (yourself included) who makes this argument that because I do not follow your absolutism view on words, I myself am a bigot.

This has the same issue that 'calling everybody who argues nuance in sex offenses pedophiles' has and you should fucking know better.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652654

Danger! Crystal hyperstructure integrity faltering! Integrity: 26%
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #652655

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:23 pm Danger! Crystal hyperstructure integrity faltering! Integrity: 26%
WHERE'S THE FUCKING NITROGEN
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #652657

i sincerely do not believe mso is bigoted based on what ive seen of his conduct and attitude since joining the tgstation admin team

but i do believe that if a word solely exists for no other reason than to discriminate or dehumanize people, and is actively used to do so, then it becomes incredibly difficult to separate the usage of that word from said intent

the simple fact is that the more we allow and permit people throwing around slurs (obviously outside of conversations about them like this one), and the more cases where we find ways to justify and exempt their use, the more emboldened people are to push the envelope about how far they can use them, and the more of a signal we send to people who might be affected by said words that the people in charge of tgstation are willing to tolerate them

for lack of a better phrase, every admin or headmin or host judgement like this seriously risks pushing the overton window back towards us being a community that is okay with bigotry and racism, and even if we still continue to ban people who use these words in a blatantly -ismistic way we're letting people get away with things we ideally shouldn't

i obviously can't speak for most of the admin team but to quote an above poster, "little homie gay ass" isn't something i'd personally note for, because, personally, i think using "gay" as an insult has ceased to be a word that exists purely to discriminate against people. i don't think people shouldn't be allowed to be edgy, or crude, or anything; i always envisioned ss13 as being adult swim levels of mature. there are so many ways for people to be verbal shitheads ic and ooc that aren't even close to being as bad as calling someone a tranny, and while obviously a lot of people out there will get offended by some of it, theres a difference between being offensive and being the kind of seriously deep-cutting, actually hurtful offensive these words carry with them

the point is, every time we rule that x case of using tranny or the n-word is allowed, we're setting more precedent for their general usage, and making tgstation a worse place for people who are sincerely and genuinely suffering from the sorts of mindsets and cultures that propagate their usage

i know arguing for a hard word filter is a lost cause, and honestly i don't even know if i'd want one because, again, we shouldnt ban people for talking about the words, but the undeniable fact is that we will and possibly already are hitting the point where we have to choose between what's more important, the mindset of "we absolutely never ban any words under any circumstances for free speech" or the goal of tgstation being a good and welcoming place for a lot of potential players (and even future admins and coders) who rightfully refuse to associate with a community that protects the use of purely hateful and bigoted vernacular
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #652661

And I thought you guys were just about ready to let this drop.
nianjiilical wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:17 pm the simple fact is that the more we allow and permit people throwing around slurs (obviously outside of conversations about them like this one), and the more cases where we find ways to justify and exempt their use, the more emboldened people are to push the envelope about how far they can use them, and the more of a signal we send to people who might be affected by said words that the people in charge of tgstation are willing to tolerate them
Hey, guess what, this works both ways. What I've been seeing here, can also be described as pushing the envelope of what word associations and behavior can be banned and persecuted. There is just never an end to this, once you're done with the obvious words, you go into things like "micro-aggressions" and abstract hints i.e. don't like the black Arielle guess you're a nazi, you just can't stop yourself from fucking it over completely. God bless that MSO appears to see it this way as well, and using his weight to push back on the whole brave-new-world frenzy.

And of course, I do agree with you in principle, let's not be dickheads to everyone. Some people have it tough, and it's a bastard move to go kicking them while they're down. But what you are always pushing for, is having every off-the-cuff remark be put on the golden scale against the face and injustice of every group that could be offended by it, you're turning from well meaning, bright people into overbearing, authoritarian mommies with a giant stick up their asses.

Like, there is this jackass in the other appeal that thought it was clever and funny to refer to him performing a search on his department members as "rape", and it was a single remark. Get's questioned two minutes later "hey, why are you being creepy, huh? Do you like beating women huh?" like jesus, yes it is conceivably immature and stupid, but to paint every fucking slip of the tongue like you're the scum of the earth, abusing women and minorities as a sport, this is just you being an obnoxious, controlling freak.

So if MSO decides that you were going overboard with your 1984 agenda and decides to turn it down a notch, it doesn't mean that he is Hitler and you don't have to go fly off the handle and cry "FUCKING BIGOT!!" at him, OK? Maybe having just a sliver of restraint and modesty will work out much better for you and everyone else in the end!

With sincere regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #652662

BONERMASTER wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:22 pm And I thought you guys were just about ready to let this drop.
nianjiilical wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:17 pm the simple fact is that the more we allow and permit people throwing around slurs (obviously outside of conversations about them like this one), and the more cases where we find ways to justify and exempt their use, the more emboldened people are to push the envelope about how far they can use them, and the more of a signal we send to people who might be affected by said words that the people in charge of tgstation are willing to tolerate them
Hey, guess what, this works both ways. What I've been seeing here, can also be described as pushing the envelope of what word associations and behavior can be banned and persecuted. There is just never an end to this, once you're done with the obvious words, you go into things like "micro-aggressions" and abstract hints i.e. don't like the black Arielle guess you're a nazi, you just can't stop yourself from fucking it over completely. God bless that MSO appears to see it this way as well, and using his weight to push back on the whole brave-new-world frenzy.

And of course, I do agree with you in principle, let's not be dickheads to everyone. Some people have it tough, and it's a bastard move to go kicking them while they're down. But what you are always pushing for, is having every off-the-cuff remark be put on the golden scale against the face and injustice of every group that could be offended by it, you're turning from well meaning, bright people into overbearing, authoritarian mommies with a giant stick up their asses.

Like, there is this jackass in the other appeal that thought it was clever and funny to refer to him performing a search on his department members as "rape", and it was a single remark. Get's questioned two minutes later "hey, why are you being creepy, huh? Do you like beating women huh?" like jesus, yes it is conceivably immature and stupid, but to paint every fucking slip of the tongue like you're the scum of the earth, abusing women and minorities as a sport, this is just you being an obnoxious, controlling freak.

So if MSO decides that you were going overboard with your 1984 agenda and decides to turn it down a notch, it doesn't mean that he is Hitler and you don't have to go fly off the handle and cry "FUCKING BIGOT!!" at him, OK? Maybe having just a sliver of restraint and modesty will work out much better for you and everyone else in the end!

With sincere regards
-BONERMASTER
i dont know how to tell you this but if you think that admins wanting less genuinely hateful slurs is 1984 then you have a severe case of underestimating the average intelligence of our admin team, anyone who actually thinks the way you're describing would not be an admin on the grounds of not playing ss13 long enough because we are an 18+ server that tolerates being huge douches to one another

nobody wants ss13 to become a digg hugbox we just want to not become a community thats openly inviting to the kinds of shitheads who happily go around throwing tranny and nigger at people in casual conversation

here look ill make you a funny illustration

this is the only standard anybody is asking and if this would make ss13 a dystopian anti-fun hellhole then i dont know what to say
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652670

nianjiilical wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:28 am
BONERMASTER wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:22 pm And I thought you guys were just about ready to let this drop.

With sincere regards
-BONERMASTER
i dont know how to tell you this but if you think that admins wanting less genuinely hateful slurs is 1984 then you have a severe case of underestimating the average intelligence of our admin team, anyone who actually thinks the way you're describing would not be an admin on the grounds of not playing ss13 long enough because we are an 18+ server that tolerates being huge douches to one another

nobody wants ss13 to become a digg hugbox we just want to not become a community thats openly inviting to the kinds of shitheads who happily go around throwing tranny and nigger at people in casual conversation

this is the only standard anybody is asking and if this would make ss13 a dystopian anti-fun hellhole then i dont know what to say
FaPTCq_UIAAwZ9B.jpeg
FaPTCq_UIAAwZ9B.jpeg (12.6 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #652671

I think that image would be more accurate if instead of drawing hard black lines, you were to create a nice diffusing gradient between the categories of words. That's how ocean water works in real life, you know? Internal currents have the potential to swirl the "layers" of water, up, down, and around. It might never reach homogeneity and still could persist that sort of "layered" effect. Yet, the boundary between layers is never crystal clear, and instead melds at those junction points.

If you were to draw each layer bleeding into each other, you might get a better picture of how former administrations actually handled this concept, and maybe how future administrations will handle that as well. Definitely more-so for future administrations.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #652675

I think we should ban all Cis white people :)
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #652677

I think we should ban all Trans white people :)
Image Image
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #652678

I think we should ban all people :)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #652680

I have said before and i will say it again, tgstation's downfall began when we started allowing people into our community.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #652682

Everyone in this thread will not respond to mso directly because it's like yelling at the queen of England

They will send you to jail or fine you money
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #652683

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:18 am Everyone in this thread will not respond to mso directly because it's like yelling at the queen of England

They will send you to jail or fine you money
what if i told you i did respond to mso directly

what would you do then with that information?

would you quiver in your boots?

would you rise to the challenge?

your time is running out, shadowmist909

it's time for action
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #652685

san7890 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 am
what if i told you i did respond to mso directly

what would you do then with that information?

would you quiver in your boots?

would you rise to the challenge?

your time is running out, shadowmist909

it's time for action
You are very right san7980 now with this new found information I shall act upon it.

I challenge MSO to the #2014ALSIcebucketchallenge #icebucketchallenge if you refuse then that proves you are indeed not ice cold ❄️ 🥶
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #652692

nianjiilical wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:28 am

>the bottom tier is mostly to do with insulting race and gender identity
>cannot possibly be reclaimed because they're connected at the hip to insulting
>people think using words like this is ok in any context

I would basically say the t-word has become the n-word of the trans community, and don't expect it to be reclaimed any time soon, because you cannot expect an entire community to change the perception within a few decades. Look at how the n-word is still known as a slur for blacks despite black people using it among themselves.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652698

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:14 am I think we should ban all Cis white people :)
Homophobe activity
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #652700

this situation will never be resolved because it's the only time admins get to use the n-word and the t-word without getting in trouble. it's their release valve. this is all a bunch of pageantry.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #652711

Why would you need a DJ in the discord moderator team
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652779

would anybody like to talk about starsector
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #652781

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:48 pm would anybody like to talk about starsector
Not really no
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652782

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:48 pm would anybody like to talk about starsector
Would YOU like to talk about the LORD?
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #652783

This was my game of the month for a while, got a massive colony and some other smaller ones to support it. Wandered off to go exploring. Kept getting raided because I had so many AI's on my mega planet. Realized I put my world too far away from the core to really be as productive as it should be. Lost interest and didn't finish out the big REDACTED quest or the other minor quests.

Now they've revised something and STORY POINTS? I don't know. I keep meaning to go back but also feel like waiting for more updates will only improve my experience.

My favorite part of the game was probably when I was running around in the apogee with the fleet from the starter quest just trying to make a living and not realizing how badly I was messing up by selling to the black market. I went on a "haha paragons and massive laser beams everywhere" bit, then figured that other things were solid too and if I played like a coward I didn't need as much shielding. I typically enjoyed having faster flux dumps than higher flux reserves and no clue if that was right or wrong.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #652785

goated game, great mods, wish it got updated more often
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #652786

65 mods in my modlist, deployment points set to 9000 average, requires a reboot of the game every 3 hours, full restart of my PC after 6 hours if I'm being a loser on the weekends or some shit
worth it? yeah ofc

rocking people's shit with a pre-nerf (4 large missile mounts) Purcellyra missile battlecruiser from United Aurora Federation + those 4 large mounts being dedicated to Tartarus LRMs from Superweapons Arsenal (ripperoni that mod)
using Exotica tech to have a hacked missile forge on the ship, reloads my 96 missiles for each launcher every 48 seconds
96 tartarus missiles a launcher x 4 launchers = 384 nuclear EM missiles total, I have more nukes on that ship than all of china and I can get em *all* back in under a minute with my missile autoforge

fast missile racks, 4 charges, fastest charge speed I can get it to + spamming it = a salvo of 72 tartarus LRMS from each of the four launchers firing their triple volley 6 times (first time + 4 charges + 1 charge regained while spamming the 4)

2050 energy damage on impact from a tartarus + 650 energy in an AOE, 300 EMP damage on impact + 1200 EMP in an AOE = hey check out how hard I can nuke this orbital station/battleship/anything really the killfeed is racking up like nobody's business

Did I mention that the Purcellyra also is a capital despite having a base speed of like 105???? I've got it to 120 with Exotica's infernalis drives upgrade
can't catch me, I outrange you since I'm missile spamming with 6000su range Tartarus LRMs, those shits hit like an actual fucking truck, et cetera.
we're gaming.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652787

Nabski wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm
This was my game of the month for a while, got a massive colony and some other smaller ones to support it. Wandered off to go exploring. Kept getting raided because I had so many AI's on my mega planet. Realized I put my world too far away from the core to really be as productive as it should be. Lost interest and didn't finish out the big REDACTED quest or the other minor quests.

Now they've revised something and STORY POINTS? I don't know. I keep meaning to go back but also feel like waiting for more updates will only improve my experience.

My favorite part of the game was probably when I was running around in the apogee with the fleet from the starter quest just trying to make a living and not realizing how badly I was messing up by selling to the black market. I went on a "haha paragons and massive laser beams everywhere" bit, then figured that other things were solid too and if I played like a coward I didn't need as much shielding. I typically enjoyed having faster flux dumps than higher flux reserves and no clue if that was right or wrong.
if you havent played since story points were introduced, definitely go back. there are a lot of new items you can plug into colony buildings, and mods like nex and industrial revolution open up even more ways to make money. i have a colony in the far corner of the sector, 8 or so planets all at 300% or so hazard rating easily pulling me more than a mil a month.

ive found that only in minmax builds do you really need either more reserves or dumps, a balance is usually good for most ships. captials you absolutely want to specialize and minmax, like for instance with an onslaught you dont really need high flux reserves since any onslaught build should have shield shunt, so you only need enough to keep those weapons firing. the simulator is actually a lot of fun to play around with for this, you can easily see if you are outshooting your flux reserves or regen.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652788

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:51 pm
65 mods in my modlist, deployment points set to 9000 average, requires a reboot of the game every 3 hours, full restart of my PC after 6 hours if I'm being a loser on the weekends or some shit
worth it? yeah ofc

rocking people's shit with a pre-nerf (4 large missile mounts) Purcellyra missile battlecruiser from United Aurora Federation + those 4 large mounts being dedicated to Tartarus LRMs from Superweapons Arsenal (ripperoni that mod)
using Exotica tech to have a hacked missile forge on the ship, reloads my 96 missiles for each launcher every 48 seconds
96 tartarus missiles a launcher x 4 launchers = 384 nuclear EM missiles total, I have more nukes on that ship than all of china and I can get em *all* back in under a minute with my missile autoforge

fast missile racks, 4 charges, fastest charge speed I can get it to + spamming it = a salvo of 72 tartarus LRMS from each of the four launchers firing their triple volley 6 times (first time + 4 charges + 1 charge regained while spamming the 4)

2050 energy damage on impact from a tartarus + 650 energy in an AOE, 300 EMP damage on impact + 1200 EMP in an AOE = hey check out how hard I can nuke this orbital station/battleship/anything really the killfeed is racking up like nobody's business

Did I mention that the Purcellyra also is a capital despite having a base speed of like 105???? I've got it to 120 with Exotica's infernalis drives upgrade
can't catch me, I outrange you since I'm missile spamming with 6000su range Tartarus LRMs, those shits hit like an actual fucking truck, et cetera.
we're gaming.
DEVESTATOR CANNONNNNSSSSS