Secret Hitler: Admin edition talking thread (Election/Executive)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Secret Hitler: Admin edition talking thread (Election/Executive)

Post by Timonk » #703701

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hello common viewer. this is the talking thread for the Secret Hitler game going on. if you are not participating, please refrain yourself from talking here and talk in the peanut thread instead.

Round 6
Player List:
1 - Misdoubtful ->el Presidente
2 - Riggle
3 - trexter555 ->former Chancellor (dead)
4 - Nabski
5 - WineAllWine
6 - Vekter
7 - NoxVS

Positions and roles got picked seperately with a random number generator. affiliations are coincidental.
This list will get edited to indicate who is dead/President.
Votes will be sent to me and afterwards revealed at the same time.
Last edited by Timonk on Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: Secret Hitler: Admin edition talking thread (Election/Executive)

Post by WineAllWine » #706376

Vekter why did you pick nox?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706377

WineAllWine wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:43 pm Vekter why did you pick nox?
For president? I didn't have anyone else to hand it off to and had to choose someone.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #706379

NoxVS wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:18 pm I don't think enacted policies ever get shuffled back in though. They stay on the table
Oh, yes, correct. Misread.
Hugs
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #706391

i vote yes to me being chancellor
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #706407

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:50 pm
For president? I didn't have anyone else to hand it off to and had to choose someone.
Were you unable to do trex, who had previously passed a liberal policy with. Why Nox with his "fact checked liberal status" from a fascist. (I assume some of the answer is lol I wasn't on the forums)

Did we gain any info or anything because a fascist policy passed?

Edit: since the deck was shuffled couldn't we look through the who was passed how many of what cards to figure out how many people lied about being handed three, or at least get a guess?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706410

Yeah I meant why didn't you pick trexter for chancellor. Picking nox is a particularly sus move since they were gonna be president next
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #706415

WineAllWine wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:00 am Nominating vekter as chancellor
What policy cards did you draw as part of this? We know what Vekter reported but you never reported what you got and discarded.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #706419

Nabski wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:08 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:50 pm
Were you unable to do trex, who had previously passed a liberal policy with. Why Nox with his "fact checked liberal status" from a fascist. (I assume some of the answer is lol I wasn't on the forums)

Did we gain any info or anything because a fascist policy passed?
It honestly didn't cross my mind, I forgot Trex had passed one. My bad, I guess.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706436

I think I'll have a good explanation once Wine tells us what cards he drew. He's the only one that hasn't reported them
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706479

NoxVS wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:50 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:00 am Nominating vekter as chancellor
What policy cards did you draw as part of this? We know what Vekter reported but you never reported what you got and discarded.
Apologies, I got 2f1l and discarded the fash
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706546

trex4chanc

1 - Misdoubtful - Ja
2 - Riggle - Ja
3 - trexter555 - Ja
4 - Nabski - Ja
5 - WineAllWine - forgor
6 - Vekter - trusts nox fully
7 - NoxVS - Ja

trexter has been elected as chancellor!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706559

I thought I sent message, for me it would've been a Nein, not that it makes a difference
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706613

A fascist policy has been enacted and a new round has started.
The president has murdered trexter!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706616

Firstly, I'm pretty sure we're fucked.

Secondly what just happened? Nox picked trex as chancellor but then killed him? Why? What's going on. Did Nox give him a choice and then trexter enacted a fascist policy, knowing that would get him killed? Or is Nox openly a fascist?

(I think it's important for the game here that trexter is not allowed to talk)
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #706624

Misdoubtful - Passed 3 Facist Cards, Nabski claims checked and was facist
NoxVS - Misdoubtful claims they are liberal. Just executed trexter.
Riggle - took my 3 facist cards and passed a facist policy
trexter555 - passed liberal policy and is now dead
Nabski - Claims passed 3 facist cards.
WineAllWine - handed two facist cards and ignored the rest of the game
Vekter - "trusts nox fully", Seemed like our safe choice but keeps being pro nox, and guilty by assosciation.

Hugs, Nox, Vekter as the three facists?
Wine, Me, Trex, Riggle as the liberals?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706627

Hey I gave vekter a liberal and he enacted it. I think Vekter might be Hitler?

I think your assessment is right Nabski
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706667

Nabski wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:24 pm Vekter - "trusts nox fully"
apologies, those were my words, not his
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706670

I drew 2 fascist and 1 liberal cards, discarded a fascist and gave Trexter a fascist and liberal card. He played the fascist card. While I had some suspicions about potential baddies to shoot, and there can be a legitimate reason to implement a fascist policy, in the end I decided the safest bet was to shoot Trexter.

Honestly, my understanding of the state of the game isn't very good right now. Going into the vote I assumed two of the fascists were probably Vekter and Nabski but I don't really have any idea anymore. I'm going to nominate WineAllWine since they're really the only one I am almost certain is liberal at this point.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706673

NoxVS wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 pm I drew 2 fascist and 1 liberal cards, discarded a fascist and gave Trexter a fascist and liberal card. He played the fascist card. While I had some suspicions about potential baddies to shoot, and there can be a legitimate reason to implement a fascist policy, in the end I decided the safest bet was to shoot Trexter.

Honestly, my understanding of the state of the game isn't very good right now. Going into the vote I assumed two of the fascists were probably Vekter and Nabski but I don't really have any idea anymore. I'm going to nominate WineAllWine since they're really the only one I am almost certain is liberal at this point.
I don't think I believe you, why would they play a fascist card when they'd know it gives you the ability to kill them
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706674

I'm voting nein, I don't want the same thing to happen to me as might have happened to trex
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706678

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:41 pm
NoxVS wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 pm I drew 2 fascist and 1 liberal cards, discarded a fascist and gave Trexter a fascist and liberal card. He played the fascist card. While I had some suspicions about potential baddies to shoot, and there can be a legitimate reason to implement a fascist policy, in the end I decided the safest bet was to shoot Trexter.

I don't think I believe you, why would they play a fascist card when they'd know it gives you the ability to kill them
I'd imagine it was to push them closer to a policy win, he had a good reputation so far and it would make me look bad? There probably was a better target to execute but I just went with the safest option.

Honestly, I don't care if I'm not believed. We have 2 fascists (1 being hitler) and 4 liberals. Even if you decide I can't be trusted with any votes we still have a majority.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #706680

It's an interesting play. There's already suspicion on Nox, so if Nox gave him one fascist and one liberal, he could've played the fascist and claimed that Nox gave him 2 fascist. It's the kind of play I would do in his shoes.
Nabski wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:24 pm Hugs, Nox, Vekter as the three facists?
I did enact a liberal policy at one point when given the choice, and I mostly trusted Nox off of Hugs' statement that he's a liberal. That's a little shaky for me at this point, but it's always possible he's just playing poorly and not malicious. I do think Trexter was a fascist, though. "Claim you were given different cards because people think the president is a fascist" is a pretty classic play. Plus, if Nox was a fascist, he could've just put up whoever Hitler was and won last cycle. Why wouldn't he have done that?
Spoiler:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706681

Vekter wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:08 pm

It's an interesting play. There's already suspicion on Nox, so if Nox gave him one fascist and one liberal, he could've played the fascist and claimed that Nox gave him 2 fascist. It's the kind of play I would do in his shoes.
Nabski wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:24 pm Hugs, Nox, Vekter as the three facists?
I did enact a liberal policy at one point when given the choice, and I mostly trusted Nox off of Hugs' statement that he's a liberal. That's a little shaky for me at this point, but it's always possible he's just playing poorly and not malicious. I do think Trexter was a fascist, though. "Claim you were given different cards because people think the president is a fascist" is a pretty classic play. Plus, if Nox was a fascist, he could've just put up whoever Hitler was and won last cycle. Why wouldn't he have done that?
Stop defending me, I'm like 50% sure you're Hitler and it's making me look bad
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #706682

I don't feel like quote treeing but my post originally had ???? ????? in those spots and trying decide there was not too easy. Then I went back to trusting you more when Timonk said that saying you trust nox was his words. Then I went back to trusting you less after the quote tree.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706684

I think we should wait until riggle for president
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #706731

Would they have been shot if they opted for the liberal policy?
Hugs
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706732

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:23 am Would they have been shot if they opted for the liberal policy?
Implementing a fascist policy is what gave me the power (and obligation) to shoot them. If they opted for a liberal policy I would have no reason or ability to go for them
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #706734

Unless you double fascist passed, and have a great alibi, and sadly we can't ask them because they are dead.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706737

How mad would people be if I did something sorta lame but within the rules and uses M A T H
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706761

NoxVS wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:02 am How mad would people be if I did something sorta lame but within the rules and uses M A T H
I dont really care, you fascist
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #706790

Please do math I started to do math then realized it was too tryhard and would just make me look desperate.

I want to see the results of math.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706812

Wine for Chancellor?
1 - Misdoubtful - fish
2 - Riggle - absorbed in maint
4 - Nabski - Nein
5 - WineAllWine - Nein
6 - Vekter - Ja
7 - NoxVS - Nein
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706813

Nein again for Misdoubtful, next
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #706821

Nein
Vekter why would you vote yes on that?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706830

What I’m about to do feels a little lame but I think the lines have been pretty well defined at this point. I’m not sure a victory is feasible without using this, as all it takes is a liberal president to pass a fascist policy to execute a fascist (potentially hitler) and take back voting control while also gaining the veto power. I don’t think it’s possible to get a fascist back in the presidential seat at this point in time. It could even speed the game up since it seems like we are naturally heading towards this anyways.

In the deck, at this very moment, are 9 policies. 3 liberal. 6 fascist. I did not lie about the policies I received, even if I lied about which policies I passed. Liberals require 3 more policies to win, while fascists only require 2.

After passing Trexter 2 fascist cards I was granted the power to execute a player and used it, breaking the liberal majority. There are now 3 fascists and 3 liberals. This means any attempt to pass a government by either side requires the cooperation of their enemies.

Should one side not cooperate with the other, the country will fall into chaos and a random policy will be implemented without giving the benefits of the power associated with it. It is likely this random policy will be a fascist one. It is likely that the second random policy to be drawn will also be fascist, at which point we will win. The only way this strategy fails is if we are unlucky enough that all 3 remaining liberal cards are drawn before we draw 2 of the 6 remaining fascist cards.

It is for this reason that I propose the following strategy to my fellow fascists - We shall vote Nein on all future votes. No vote shall pass. Fascism shall triumph.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #706835

If nox is telling the truth, and I see no reason to doubt he is, we're now down to fate
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #707076

So, it's been three days. Are we just slamming out the final results with repeated no votes off the top of the deck or what?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #707147

I believe we're at three libs three fasch so there's nothing else to do
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707154

WineAllWine wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:06 am I believe we're at three libs three fasch so there's nothing else to do
We are at 4F 2L
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #707155

Timonk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:08 am
WineAllWine wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:06 am I believe we're at three libs three fasch so there's nothing else to do
We are at 4F 2L
Saying number of players
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #707493

What's happening here?
Hugs
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #707513

I pitched my plan for my two fellow fascists to vote no on all future votes.

Right now you are the president and need to pick a chancellor. However, two people have already preemptively voted no on your pick, and I’ve decided to vote no on all future votes.

I‘m going to go ahead and lock in a no vote for all future votes. I think it’s best if the two other fascists do the same (or the liberals can chip in just to speed it up).
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #708166

Timonk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:08 am
We are at 4F 2L
Since we seem to have deadlocked with an implied strat of "vote no to eternity" can you play it out and tell us who was what?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708227

as in roll random policies? sure, if everyone (or most people) agree
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #708292

sure
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #708317

Sure
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #708319

Timonk wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:49 pm as in roll random policies? sure, if everyone (or most people) agree
I agree with it. That was the plan, have the fascists deadlock the vote and then just sit there for the randomly drawn policies which are weighted in our favor.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708324

Sure.
Spoiler:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708350

A liberal policy has been enacted! Nabski is the new president. (Skipped 2.) 3L 4F
A Fascist policy has been enacted! Vekter, who do you kill? 3L 5F

Unless I'm mistaken we already had 1 no vote, so the liberal policy got rolled on riggles turn as president and the fascist on vekters turn.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #708351

Timonk wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:55 pm A liberal policy has been enacted! Nabski is the new president. (Skipped 2.) 3L 4F

Unless I'm mistaken we already had 1 no vote, so the liberal policy got rolled on riggles turn as president and the fascist on vekters turn.
The power granted by randomly enacting a policy is ignored
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708353

NoxVS wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:02 pm
Timonk wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:55 pm A liberal policy has been enacted! Nabski is the new president. (Skipped 2.) 3L 4F

The power granted by randomly enacting a policy is ignored
Let's say it wasn't: we would no longer be in a stalemate and either side has to convince Hitler to vote with them.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: