Local admin abuses a lowpop shift nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Local admin abuses a lowpop shift nut

Post by EmpressMaia » #676354

Bottom post of the previous page:

Once upon a midnight dreary, manuel players, weak and weary. Along comes shockshard to save the day! with his endless administrative antagonistic fray!

Here Shock shard spawns in as the traitor acting captain of the shift, gives himself prison equipment? and sets him name to 'unknown'.

Code: Select all

09:49:46	GAME	ShockShard/(ghost) Client ShockShard/(ghost) has taken ownership of mob the ghost(/mob/dead/observer)	(95, 123, 2)	Space
09:50:00	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Richard Creech) checked antagonists.		
09:53:59	ACCESS	Mob Login: ShockShard/(Richard Creech) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human		
09:53:59	GAME	ShockShard/(Richard Creech) Client ShockShard/(Richard Creech) has taken ownership of mob Richard Creech(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(57, 37, 2)	Prison Rec Room
09:53:59	ADMIN	*no key*/(Richard Creech) changed the equipment of ShockShard/(Richard Creech) to Prisoner.		
09:54:17	GAME	ShockShard/(Richard Creech) Richard Creech name changed from Richard Creech to Unknown	(57, 37, 2)	Prison Rec Room
Shortly after, shock shard spawns himself in a security radio headset? along with tons of pumpkins! for some reason!

09:54:47	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/radio/headset/headset_sec		
09:55:08	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:10	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:12	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:13	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:14	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:15	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:17	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:18	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:19	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:20	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin/blumpkin		
09:55:33	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin		
09:55:34	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin		
09:55:35	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin		
09:55:36	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin		
09:55:37	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin		
09:55:38	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/food/grown/pumpkin
Right after, the game automatically deadmins him due to being an antagonist. to which he responds which setting himself back into admin!

09:56:17	ADMIN	ShockShard deadmined via auto-deadmin config.		
09:56:17	GAME	ShockShard/(Unknown) has gained antag datum �Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor).		
09:56:24	TRAITOR	ShockShard/(Unknown) has received a potential objective: /datum/traitor_objective/destroy_item/low_risk (Name: Steal the bartender's shotgun and destroy it, TC: 1, Progression: 5032, Time of creation: 45413.5) | Forced: 0		
09:56:24	TRAITOR	ShockShard/(Unknown) missed /datum/traitor_objective/sabotage_machinery/trap (Name: Sabotage the department protolathe (Science), TC: 0, Progression: 2126.04, Time of creation: 45340.5)		
09:56:26	ADMIN	ShockShard re-adminned themselves.
then shock changes himself into a heretic and re-admins himself!

09:56:49	ADMIN	ShockShard deadmined via auto-deadmin config.		
09:56:49	GAME	ShockShard/(Unknown) has gained antag datum �Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic).		
09:56:55	ADMIN	ShockShard re-adminned themselves.
Later he spawns himself a fountain pen to make a codex cicatrix!

11:08:21	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Mauga) created a /obj/item/pen/fountain
By my count, he killed 7 people in a shift with 14 people total!

EDIT: he also spawned in trash to make his rusted herretic blade

10:04:00	ADMIN	ShockShard/(Unknown) created a /obj/item/trash/syndi_cakes
EDIT EDIT: Round 203176
Last edited by EmpressMaia on Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Local admin abuses a lowpop shift nut

Post by kinnebian » #678565

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:52 pm yo that's a pretty nice point you just made, but you're a [insert racial slur of choice].

USER WAS FLANNED FOR THIS POST.
i agree though

USER WAS PANNED FOR THIS POST.
respect (let him do his thing)
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #678749

conrad wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:25 pm Gungnir you've been spilling vitriol over this nonstop, which leads me to believe you have something personal against Shockshard. This nepotism thing really doesn't check out and rubs off on me wrong as something misconstrued. I was also admined with historically low recorded hours. Am I also a nepotist cheater? I'm gonna be surprised is someone is convinced of this projection and carry it over other admins, since there's a lot of effort put to train people not to do what Shockshard did.
Yeah, because I saw the writing on the walls all the way back in the trial. Every interaction I had with him as an admin was god awful. I took a couple months off, and then when I come back, some dude I've never seen before, who only plays Manuel, is an admin? That's pretty sussy. He has the worst godawful takes and refused to do anything to help me when I'm being griefed? That's pretty sussy. But I lost my shit at him because I was being griefed by blatant rules-breaks from Sec and he does nothing about it. I get a cool-down ban for it, in which he lies in the Note. But whatever, it was unreasonable of me, so I don't appeal it. It'd be fuckin' lame to appeal a 2 hour ban, and it'd force my shame to be publically visible to the peanut gallery. Not really worth it.

Then months later, he forces Nations without telling anyone. I get griefed. I ahelp, somewhat frustrated and hyperbolic. He just hits the Reject button without saying a word to me. I lose my shit with him again because my GOD this same admin that I've never seen do anything right but refuse to help when people are being griefed, is refusing to help when I'm being griefed again, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING HE DID.

I get another cooldown ban. Timber comes in and up's it to a week. Talking to Timber gets a "I don't care about your petty reasons" (Apparently, doing what you're always told to do when you're being griefed and going to admins for help and having them refuse to help or even speak to you is a "petty" reason?)

So yeah. You're god damn right I do. I've seen the writing on the wall, and I've been unable to call it out. If I made complaints about any of them, they'd be Closed because "You have to get your ban appealed first" and those bans would never pass appeal. If I made complaints about anything they did that I wasn't involved in, they'd be seen as a personal vendetta against the guy.

You'd be pissed off too if you'd been a victim of his shit from the beginning, and you're seeing everyone go "aww it's so sad :(" "I wish he could stay :("

Edit: And you're not wrong. I probably shouldn't be. And I should probably be more understanding of the people who only had good experiences. But it's rough. You've seen me talk on the forums here. Other people have seen me talk in OOC and in like, the Manuelcord. I've always been a huge supporter of the admins. I've been a diehard espouser of "If you have a problem, ahelp it". So in a sense, I feel betrayed. I'm having that faith shattered, and I don't like it. I'll reign it in a bit, though. That's my problem, and not something I should make other peoples' problem(s).
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #678756

CMDR, was the forced nations round the one where sec invaded engineering for made up reasons?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #678757

Feels bad man, didn't know it was like that... :(
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #678773

Man I know what Shock did was wrong and should be held accountable but reading the replies here makes me sad
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #678778

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:15 am
conrad wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:25 pm Gungnir you've been spilling vitriol over this nonstop, which leads me to believe you have something personal against Shockshard. This nepotism thing really doesn't check out and rubs off on me wrong as something misconstrued. I was also admined with historically low recorded hours. Am I also a nepotist cheater? I'm gonna be surprised is someone is convinced of this projection and carry it over other admins, since there's a lot of effort put to train people not to do what Shockshard did.
Yeah, because I saw the writing on the walls all the way back in the trial. Every interaction I had with him as an admin was god awful. I took a couple months off, and then when I come back, some dude I've never seen before, who only plays Manuel, is an admin? That's pretty sussy. He has the worst godawful takes and refused to do anything to help me when I'm being griefed? That's pretty sussy. But I lost my shit at him because I was being griefed by blatant rules-breaks from Sec and he does nothing about it. I get a cool-down ban for it, in which he lies in the Note. But whatever, it was unreasonable of me, so I don't appeal it. It'd be fuckin' lame to appeal a 2 hour ban, and it'd force my shame to be publically visible to the peanut gallery. Not really worth it.

Then months later, he forces Nations without telling anyone. I get griefed. I ahelp, somewhat frustrated and hyperbolic. He just hits the Reject button without saying a word to me. I lose my shit with him again because my GOD this same admin that I've never seen do anything right but refuse to help when people are being griefed, is refusing to help when I'm being griefed again, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING HE DID.

I get another cooldown ban. Timber comes in and up's it to a week. Talking to Timber gets a "I don't care about your petty reasons" (Apparently, doing what you're always told to do when you're being griefed and going to admins for help and having them refuse to help or even speak to you is a "petty" reason?)

So yeah. You're god damn right I do. I've seen the writing on the wall, and I've been unable to call it out. If I made complaints about any of them, they'd be Closed because "You have to get your ban appealed first" and those bans would never pass appeal. If I made complaints about anything they did that I wasn't involved in, they'd be seen as a personal vendetta against the guy.

You'd be pissed off too if you'd been a victim of his shit from the beginning, and you're seeing everyone go "aww it's so sad :(" "I wish he could stay :("

Edit: And you're not wrong. I probably shouldn't be. And I should probably be more understanding of the people who only had good experiences. But it's rough. You've seen me talk on the forums here. Other people have seen me talk in OOC and in like, the Manuelcord. I've always been a huge supporter of the admins. I've been a diehard espouser of "If you have a problem, ahelp it". So in a sense, I feel betrayed. I'm having that faith shattered, and I don't like it. I'll reign it in a bit, though. That's my problem, and not something I should make other peoples' problem(s).
Honestly, you should probably air everything out completely on exactly how badly you have been griefed for it so that people would know how bad it was.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #678784

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:34 am CMDR, was the forced nations round the one where sec invaded engineering for made up reasons?
I don't know, I got banned right near the start of it, when Sec threw me in a cell because the prisoner robbed me and I defended myself from a Doctor who attacked me.

What can help you narrow it down yourself is that the forced nations round was the one where a doctor burnt down Service because he was mad that someone killed him after he attacked them. And said someone wasn't even there anymore.
Archie700 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:24 am Honestly, you should probably air everything out completely on exactly how badly you have been griefed for it so that people would know how bad it was.
He never griefed me directly (unless you count forcing Nations without telling or asking people as griefing), and the story about him using the Chrono happened to someone else, and I basically gave all the details about it already. CentCom got a Fax about the Captain having Clones/Duplicates, and instead of sending a ghost in as an inspector, he made threats from the "Alternate Timeline Division", spawned himself in as a Chrono Legionnaire, and said nothing, and emoted nothing except two single-sentence *me's, and a few shift+middle-mouse points, after saying "Time to game on the clones".

My issues with him was just how he handled tickets. He never tried to empathize with people. It just felt dismissive. "There isn't a rulebreak here, so I don't care." kinda vibes. And then the second one, was just a silent rejection when I tried to get help over being griefed. I'll concede that 'Just fucking gibsmite the Warden' isn't something he can do, but you have two choices at that point. "That's fucking stupid, I'm not going to do that. Reject without a word." or "Wow, they're upset about something. I can't do that, but maybe I can look into it and try to make things better for them." You should usually pick the latter, especially if you've JUST forced a round type that isn't in standard rotation BECAUSE it gets griefy, without telling anyone.

Though there was a round back when we had that ban appeal about that dude who had a bunch of automatic flashes stuck to him and ran around the halls to test something new he'd just made, and while that appeal was still up, admin shenanigans faked a cult in an already hectic round and Shock defended it, but I haven't done the log diving to find out if he was just there, or actively the one doing it, so I'm not going to hold that one against him.

And I know it seems "I mean he was just bad at tickets, why be so determined he should be gone so badly" but that's the thing. I didn't like him, before, and I didn't think he should be an admin, but it wasn't until I heard that story about the Chrono Thing, and this Complaint was up, that I was so "We need to get him out of here" thing.

As I said before, though. Conrad and, I can't believe I'm saying this, Sinful are right, and I should keep my personal issues and dislike of the guy to myself, and not raise a stink about people being upset that someone they only had chill interactions with turned out like this.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #678792

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:15 amwhen I come back, some dude I've never seen before, who only plays Manuel, is an admin? That's pretty sussy.
Tell me this isn't conrad.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:15 am I get another cooldown ban. Timber comes in and up's it to a week. Talking to Timber gets a "I don't care about your petty reasons" (Apparently, doing what you're always told to do when you're being griefed and going to admins for help and having them refuse to help or even speak to you is a "petty" reason?)
If it is as you describe, calling that response from Timber "piss-poor" would be generous. I regret that you didn't share it during the election, and I'd like to hear what he has to say about it.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 am As I said before, though. Conrad and, I can't believe I'm saying this, Sinful are right, and I should keep my personal issues and dislike of the guy to myself, and not raise a stink about people being upset that someone they only had chill interactions with turned out like this.
On the contrary. You should promote transparency and the sharing of information so we all know exactly who we were dealing with. See above.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #678794

ekaterina wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:46 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:15 amwhen I come back, some dude I've never seen before, who only plays Manuel, is an admin? That's pretty sussy.
Tell me this isn't conrad.
Conrad's at least active on the forums and even after being admin'd is still a fairly regular player. I think that's fine. I didn't have an issue with him being an admin until his conduct. If Conrad does a good job, then it doesn't really matter.
ekaterina wrote:
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:15 am I get another cooldown ban. Timber comes in and up's it to a week. Talking to Timber gets a "I don't care about your petty reasons" (Apparently, doing what you're always told to do when you're being griefed and going to admins for help and having them refuse to help or even speak to you is a "petty" reason?)
If it is as you describe, calling that response from Timber "piss-poor" would be generous. I regret that you didn't share it during the election, and I'd like to hear what he has to say about it.
It didn't happen until after the election. Like, just under a week ago? Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was the best response from Timber and I'm pretty disappointed in him for it (It's not hard to show empathy! You can go "I understand where you're coming from, but this really isn't the way to go about it, and this isn't acceptable") but he's also not wrong in that my behaviour was unacceptable, too. I'd rather not hear what he has to say about it, because I only brought it up to explain to people why I've been so firm on this matter and why I'm so emotional about it. I don't want it to be a big deal, and I don't want it in the public eye, or I would have tried to appeal it. It's a point of shame on my part.
ekaterina wrote:
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 am As I said before, though. Conrad and, I can't believe I'm saying this, Sinful are right, and I should keep my personal issues and dislike of the guy to myself, and not raise a stink about people being upset that someone they only had chill interactions with turned out like this.
On the contrary. You should promote transparency and the sharing of information so we all know exactly who we were dealing with. See above.
Oh, absolutely. But there are ways to do it, and "People shouldn't be sad to see him go" is not the way to go about it.

I'm not an unreasonable person, I'm just very emotionally driven, at times because I don't bother putting the energy in to think about every single thing I say (there would be major repercussions to my mental energy!), and sometimes it takes a comment like Conrad's to remind me that this is a time when I SHOULD be putting in that energy.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #678795

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:55 am You can go "I understand where you're coming from, but this really isn't the way to go about it, and this isn't acceptable") but he's also not wrong in that my behaviour was unacceptable, too.
I'm even more confused now. Did you not say that he came in on another admin's ban and increased it? That's out of line.
Your original behaviour being wrong doesn't make it right to summarily discard the arguments in an appeal and call them 'petty'.
... but then you say you didn't make an appeal, so why was he involved?
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:55 am Oh, absolutely. But there are ways to do it, and "People shouldn't be sad to see him go" is not the way to go about it.
Why not? If it is what you believe, there's nothing wrong with saying it.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #678796

Since Gung brought it up, I guess I have no choice but to reveal it.
Banned from the server for 7 days - Quality control ban. A few instances of them popping off in tickets and majorly trash talking admins this month (#202773 ticket 3, #197877 ticket 6 and #202206 multiple tickets) with further indications they've then taken this into admin DMs to mald even harder. I have previously spoken with them about this in #186551 ticket 6 as a headmin. The fact this problem is occurring again is unacceptable. The admins are going to swing low on bans like this for fear of bias. I am not. Use some of this time to think about how you conduct yourself in tickets on our game servers.
Spoiler:

Gibsmite the fucking warden
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-30T04:08:13
Rejected by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins
2023-03-30T04:09:51

No, do your fucking job you worthless wastes of oxygen.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-30T04:10:02
Not a good attitude to have when making an ahelp. Calm down.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-30T04:11:41
Go fuck yourself. Maybe you shouldn't be a cunt to people who are being griefed you fucking retard.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-03-30T04:11:57
Alright, guess you want to be like that then.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-30T04:12:14
Imagine that. Actually doing your job. Fucking wild? How the fuck did you get past your trial, you actual failure of an admin?
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-03-30T04:12:20
It was by my good fucking graces I didn't bother to appeal the last shitty ban you made where you lied in the reasoning, maybe I should've so they wouldn't have passed you.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-03-30T04:12:42
It is a shame you feel that way. I will be once again giving you a cooldown, as apparently you still haven't learned to control your temper.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-30T04:13:34
Cool, enjoy the complaint for abuse of power.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-03-30T04:13:46
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-30T04:15:55
ShockShard/(Richard Creech) has created a temporary 24 hours server ban for CMDR Gungnir.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-30T04:15:56
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins
2023-03-30T04:15:57
Spoiler:

Yeah, Sec's being shitters.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-01-09T00:26:37
Salutations. What do you mean by this?
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:26:53
Silent arresting without actually listening to what's going on over minor crimes, and then immediately searching people the second they're in brig, again, without any crime actually being done.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:27:36
Alright. Do you have a name of the arresting Officer? Anything additional for us to go off of?
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:28:11
Gael Perkins.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:28:22
Looking into the situation that occured, unfortunately the situation was valid.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:31:37
It really fucking wasn't.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:31:43
Literally pinnacle shitsec, so how about we get a real admin?
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:31:53
You don't silent arrest someone without understanding the fucking situation.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:32:50
That's literally Sec101
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:33:02
Warden is quite literally throwing me in Perma for things that aren't true, because he hasn't bothered to do his basic fucking dilligence.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:33:26
I apologize that you feel that way, however looking into the situation, they had a valid reason to bag and tag you. As for perma, unfortunately that is just the short end of the stick. Feel free to try and speak with a member of Command to get the situation resolved, or look into a Lawyer.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:35:21
They really fucking didn't, and your trial's gonna be an incredibly short one if you're that fucking retarded.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:36:51
I was only against the Clown, for reasons stated repeatedly. Then the Psychologist threatens and attacks, so self-defense. I didn't chase him when he ran. That is not Silent Arrest territory.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:37:48
Claims of Murder and Mass Assault?
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:37:58
At the current moment, I am unable to go into detail about the situation as the round is still ongoing. I would ask that you kindly do not speak to me that way, as it is really not helping your situation either.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:38:36
No, go fuck yourself.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:38:46
I'm not saying you have to ban anyone, but when Sec's going a bit hard on shit without any reason, you CAN at least not go "Yeah actually Security is completely allowed to silent arrest someone on false information, them perma'ing you over things you didn't actually do is perfectly valid :)"
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:39:26
I'm not going to kowtow to someone who I can only assume hit Trial through sheer nepotism.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:41:21
Alrighty, I believe that you are a little amped up due to the situation, and you need to calm down. I am doing my best to remain professional and you are displaying that you are unable to respond in kind. I will be placing you under a couple removal to permit you to calm down before returning. And before you attempt to make a claim, this was agreed upon by a staff member of a higher rank.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:43:21
Yeah, the nepotism is strong with you, cunt.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
2023-01-09T00:43:41
ShockShard/(Blob Overmind (888)) has created a temporary 2 hours server ban for CMDR Gungnir.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-01-09T00:45:28
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins 
Spoiler:

If you were even a remotely good admin, Thrax, you'd kno w that Broly absolutely broke the fucking rules last round and not in a good way. But you're just shit aren't you?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-21T05:05:42
You'd be correct
generalthrax ➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-21T05:05:58
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

How about you either try doing it right, or let one of the real admins hand le it, then?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-21T05:06:17
Sending the admin candidates over as speak
2023-03-21T05:06:29
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

Do your god damn job for once, instead of just closing the ticket instantly.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-21T05:07:13
Rejected by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

Willing to actually listen now?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-21T05:11:44
Closed by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

Because I can tell you, definitively, that Broly was not playing in good faith. And I can back it up.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-21T05:14:12
I don't know what to tell you, sec officer (you) walks into departures to fight antags who defeated the HOS. Sec officer gets round removed when there are just minutes left in the round. Shit happens.
2023-03-21T05:16:40
Because you don't have the basic fundamental brainpower to realize anything.##Broly had zero main objectives done. Zero TC spent, yet had 20 left. This means he wasn't doing side objectives, either.,
cmdrgungnir ➡ generalthrax
2023-03-21T05:17:10
Cool
2023-03-21T05:17:19
Closed by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

This means that when he was reported to be a bad guy, he was just killing people.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2023-03-21T05:17:24
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
2023-03-21T05:17:55
GeneralThrax/(Piper Faust) has created a temporary 1 hour server ban for CMDR Gungnir.
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 
This doesn't include you jumping into admin DMs to trash talk them.

I do not give a shit what petty reasons you had - and they were petty, talking to other community members like that is downright unacceptable.

What did you think I would do? Throw down the red carpet in response to you calling admins cunts, retards, wastes of oxygen, telling them to go fuck themselves and moaning about nepotism?

Im strongly reconsidering my choice not to perma you. Don't test me on it, you'll find that even my patience has its limits.

I ran on a platform of supporting removing cancerous players from the community via quality control bans. You're fucking around. Try not to enter the find out phase.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #678797

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am Since Gung brought it up, I guess I have no choice but to reveal it.
Banned from the server for 7 days - Quality control ban. A few instances of them popping off in tickets and majorly trash talking admins this month (#202773 ticket 3, #197877 ticket 6 and #202206 multiple tickets) with further indications they've then taken this into admin DMs to mald even harder. I have previously spoken with them about this in #186551 ticket 6 as a headmin. The fact this problem is occurring again is unacceptable. The admins are going to swing low on bans like this for fear of bias. I am not. Use some of this time to think about how you conduct yourself in tickets on our game servers.
Spoiler:

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Rejected by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Go fuck yourself. Maybe you shouldn't be a cunt to people who are being griefed you fucking retard.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Imagine that. Actually doing your job. Fucking wild? How the fuck did you get past your trial, you actual failure of an admin?
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
It was by my good fucking graces I didn't bother to appeal the last shitty ban you made where you lied in the reasoning, maybe I should've so they wouldn't have passed you.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
It is a shame you feel that way. I will be once again giving you a cooldown, as apparently you still haven't learned to control your temper.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
ShockShard/(Richard Creech) has created a temporary 24 hours server ban for CMDR Gungnir.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins
Spoiler:

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Silent arresting without actually listening to what's going on over minor crimes, and then immediately searching people the second they're in brig, again, without any crime actually being done.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
Alright. Do you have a name of the arresting Officer? Anything additional for us to go off of?
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Gael Perkins.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
That's literally Sec101
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
Warden is quite literally throwing me in Perma for things that aren't true, because he hasn't bothered to do his basic fucking dilligence.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
I apologize that you feel that way, however looking into the situation, they had a valid reason to bag and tag you. As for perma, unfortunately that is just the short end of the stick. Feel free to try and speak with a member of Command to get the situation resolved, or look into a Lawyer.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
They really fucking didn't, and your trial's gonna be an incredibly short one if you're that fucking retarded.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
I was only against the Clown, for reasons stated repeatedly. Then the Psychologist threatens and attacks, so self-defense. I didn't chase him when he ran. That is not Silent Arrest territory.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
At the current moment, I am unable to go into detail about the situation as the round is still ongoing. I would ask that you kindly do not speak to me that way, as it is really not helping your situation either.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
No, go fuck yourself.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
I'm not saying you have to ban anyone, but when Sec's going a bit hard on shit without any reason, you CAN at least not go "Yeah actually Security is completely allowed to silent arrest someone on false information, them perma'ing you over things you didn't actually do is perfectly valid :)"
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
I'm not going to kowtow to someone who I can only assume hit Trial through sheer nepotism.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
Alrighty, I believe that you are a little amped up due to the situation, and you need to calm down. I am doing my best to remain professional and you are displaying that you are unable to respond in kind. I will be placing you under a couple removal to permit you to calm down before returning. And before you attempt to make a claim, this was agreed upon by a staff member of a higher rank.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
ShockShard/(Blob Overmind (888)) has created a temporary 2 hours server ban for CMDR Gungnir.
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins 
Spoiler:

If you were even a remotely good admin, Thrax, you'd kno w that Broly absolutely broke the fucking rules last round and not in a good way. But you're just shit aren't you?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
You'd be correct
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

How about you either try doing it right, or let one of the real admins hand le it, then?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Rejected by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Closed by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

Because I can tell you, definitively, that Broly was not playing in good faith. And I can back it up.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
I don't know what to tell you, sec officer (you) walks into departures to fight antags who defeated the HOS. Sec officer gets round removed when there are just minutes left in the round. Shit happens.
Because you don't have the basic fundamental brainpower to realize anything.##Broly had zero main objectives done. Zero TC spent, yet had 20 left. This means he wasn't doing side objectives, either.,
Cool
Closed by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

This means that when he was reported to be a bad guy, he was just killing people.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
GeneralThrax/(Piper Faust) has created a temporary 1 hour server ban for CMDR Gungnir.
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

I do not give a shit what petty reasons you had - and they were petty, talking to other community members like that is downright unacceptable.

What did you think I would do? Throw down the red carpet in response to you calling admins cunts, retards, wastes of oxygen, telling them to go fuck themselves and moaning about nepotism?

Im strongly reconsidering my choice not to perma you. Don't test me on it, you'll find that even my patience has its limits.

I ran on a platform of supporting removing cancerous players from the community via quality control bans. You're fucking around. Try not to enter the find out phase.
lmao and I thought my ahelps were shit
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #678798

AWW WAIT FUCK ONE OF THESE SPOILERED BITS IS ABOUT ME
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #678800

Oh he was mad because I had no main objectives or side objectives done.

I don't do my objectives, I use antag as a license to do gimmicks lmao, I'll never apologize for doing that, normal antag progression is boring
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #678801

I spawned a triple post.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #678802

Yeah you pretty much got a stream-of-consciousness play-by-play

I'm trying to figure out which round that was that he's ahelping about and I can't remember
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #678804

Gungnir wrote:It was by my good fucking graces I didn't bother to appeal the last shitty ban you made where you lied in the reasoning, maybe I should've so they wouldn't have passed you.
Well, yeah, you should have. If you feel the ban was unfair, you should've made an appeal instead of letting the anger rot you from the inside, thus resulting in situations like this later on.
I feel like resolving issues when they come up is usually better than seething about them.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am Since Gung brought it up, I guess I have no choice but to reveal it.
This is exactly what Gungnir didn't want, but it's totally understandable considering the limited reveal thus far had provided a warped perception of the events potentially detrimental to your reputation.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am I ran on a platform of supporting removing cancerous players from the community via quality control bans. You're fucking around. Try not to enter the find out phase.
You also ran on a platform of communication. The mention of "quality control bans" was barely a footnote in your candidacy post. "Not giving a shit what petty reasons the player had" is failing at the "listening" half of communication.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am he admins are going to swing low on bans like this for fear of bias. I am not.
This, combined with what seems to be visceral anger you direct at Gungnir, really does make you seem biased. Are you?
Last edited by ekaterina on Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #678805

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:52 am Where does this tie into my previous point? A push away from 'Argumentative in ahelps' unless truly warranted. We see so many cases where someone's frustrated with how they're being treated like a disappointed parent talking to their toddler, and giving up, get marked with that brush. It should only be for someone whose response to "Mmm, I know the Clown sprayed you with baldium, but the part where you threw them into the supermatter was a tad much" is "Fuck you Jannie, this is 1984, we need a new Hitler to deal with all of you HRPmins".
From Gungnir's run for headmin, which was approximately one month before sending those ahelps and then apparently continuing afterwards to berate an admin in DMs. Just thought it was interesting.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #678808

I'm not biased. Just disappointed.

The objective facts speak for themselves. The fact I didn't perma them there and then when I both read those ahelps and also dove a little into the DMs they sent out could in fact be evidence of me being biased in their favour.

Contextually, this is not the first time I've had to talk to Gung about being a piece of shit in ahelps. During my last headmin term I got a report from an admin that prompted me to log onto the servers and read this ticket:
https://bus.moth.fans/tickets/186551/3
Spoiler:

oh i'm alive now- yeah. I wasn't wanting it as a like "hey fuck you you're stupid >:c" kinda thing, but just letting them know something they might not otherwise be aware of.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2022-07-13T05:09:28
Tell em IC!
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:09:37
I can now that I'm alive, yeah.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:09:48
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:12:42
Client reconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:12:51
Yeah if telling the AI IC had them argue with me and then say "I don't have time to argue this with you" am I allowed to go kill it?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2022-07-13T05:17:50
No.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:18:07
But it's gone from incompetence to actively harmful.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:18:16
CMDR you know that's not true.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:18:35
I'm willing to allow someone not being good. But actively arguing when told they made a mistake is another matter entirely, Chesh.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:18:46
They're not going to learn, so you MAKE them learn.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:18:55
People like believing they're right, people are stubborn, self antagging is not the answer.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:19:05
Cool, so we make it an administrative matter, then, because otherwise the dumb cunt is never going to learn.##I'm actively reporting their violation of Law 1.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:19:27
CMDR, I'm going to ask you to step back for a moment before we continue. I'll talk to them, but you need to stop the path of "they disagree with me so they're a dumb cunt asshole"
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:20:31
But they are. They're actively fucking shit-for-brains tier.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:20:46
They got told, POLITELY, they made a mistake. And they argued with it. And when they couldn't win the argument, they went "HURR ME NO HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH YOU"
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:21:05
If they're going to be a stubborn fucker on something they're objectively wrong on, then I have a problem with that.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:21:20
I allow people to not be good. I have very little patience for active stupidity.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:21:40
Could you explain how they were breaking their first law?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:21:48
I'm investigating now, you need to relax and stop treating people who are incorrect as your enemy.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:22:09
They dragged a Human out of safety and into harm, to protect a non-human.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:22:10
Their own argument when I told them that I was safe was that i was committing harm by keeping the person there. Yet they dragged me out, instead of the patient. Who was, I remind you, non-human.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:22:51
And, again. When told, by the Human, that they'd done this. They chose to argue about it.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:23:07
Alright, so they dragged you from a pressurized to a depressurized area?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:23:37
They're not just wrong, they're a fucking moron. And that's why I have a problem with it. If you won't let me resolve the problem myself, I'll make you do it.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:23:39
Correct.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:23:42
CMDR this is your last warning, you're going to take a break and stop pretending that you're on some righteous crusade against someone who was mistaken and believes they are right. Calling someone a "fucking moron" "shit-for-brains" doesn't get anything done, it just feels awful to read. Step back, get some water.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:25:21
Want to catch an admin complaint?
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:25:39
Complain away.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:26:02
Where did the AI grab you exactly? Was it in robotics?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:26:19
The pressurized flaps at the Service Hall.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:26:31
alright, and you were in crit?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:26:41
No, I was perfectly fine.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:26:53
The situation has been handled.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:33:40
Resolved by Cheshify 
Which prompted me to send out this bwoink:
https://bus.moth.fans/tickets/186551/6
Spoiler:

Yo. I would appreciate it if you kept a cooler head when talking to our server staff in admin helps. Admins have a better perspective on the events of the shift due to all the admin tools and admin vision than any individual player has. Demanding our staff do something plus threatening them with a complaint if they do not comply is thoroughly unacceptable. Going off on a rant insulting the other player is not productive to resolving issues either and drags tickets out needlessly. Even when you are frustrated, I do not expect you to take those frustrations out on admins handling your ticket. Are we seeing eye-to-eye on this issue?
timberpoes ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:45:10
We are, but I would like to point out a small detail that, if Chesh spoke to you about it may have been misunderstood on their part, and I will apologize to them for if so. But to defend myself here.
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T05:45:57
The complaint wasn't about not doing what I wanted him to. But when someone's shitter'ing it up, and I get frustrated because I'm actively told I can't do anything about it, and I'm being told off for being frustrated about the situation, it was the 'Last Warning' part.
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T05:46:57
It was a "If you Note me for being pissed off about a situation that you refused to let me solve myself, then I'm going to file a complaint for it" kinda thing. Was that still unacceptable, or does clearing the miscommunication make it better?
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T05:47:38
Though, I will also add that you are correct and I should have held my tongue all the same. First match back in eons and it's unplayably laggy, then a shitter AI gets me killed and argues about it, and I'm told I'm not allowed to retaliate was incredibly frustrating, but being pissed about it wasn't helping anyone. I'll do better next time.
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T05:53:01
Cheshify was very calm and clear, including asking you to stop treating others as your enemies and asking you to take a step back during the ticket. Your own frustrations are understandable, and we deal with frustrated players in ahelps on a daily basis. But we don't **have** to. Getting aggressive during tickets slows down the entire process. Admins have a different view of the game than participants do, and may be handling multiple ahelps. Often players taking the law into their own hands creates additional workload and admins may often ask players not to, in order to make everyone's lives easier. When an admin verbally warns you to chill out I very strongly suggest you take that advice, because it's usually the last thing they say before closing the ticket and walking away.
timberpoes ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:58:09
Just a note, due to the rev potentially e-magging the shuttle and fucking us over, I'm going to reply to this after I board the shuttle. Just so you don't think I'm ignoring it.
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T05:59:02
It's fine, I'm just in the lobby anyway.
timberpoes ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:59:16
I've pretty much said what I wanted to say anyway. This isn't going to end in a note or anything, but I will not stand idly by as a headmin while an admin is trying to herd cats and being threatened with complaints by belligerent players who aren't getting their way in the process.
timberpoes ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T06:00:45
That's fair. I'll still contest the 'not getting their way' point because as I said, it was mostly just that the 'Last Warning' felt more like a threat of a note than a 'hey i'm gonna just close the ticket at this rate', but. Unless he's reading this, just pass along an apology to him for me, for the miscommunication. But you are absolutely right.##If it's any like, good vibe indication for you, I do know why I got so pissy about the situation which should help me actually stick to my efforts and attempts to be better about that stuff in the future.
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T06:03:25
I got a bad habit of expecting things to be a certain way and then getting frustrated when it doesn't. It's why I always say I'd probably get less pissy playing on Sybil or Terry, because at least I'm EXPECTING trouble the entire time.##So I'll shift my expectations in future which should help make that Not A Problem in the future.
cmdrgungnir ➡ timberpoes
2022-07-13T06:04:16
Closed by Timberpoes
timberpoes ➡ Admins 
This one wasn't nearly as bad as the more recent examples, and they escaped with a polite but strongly worded verbal warning. Not even a note. But they absolutely and positively know and understand my stance on ahelp conduct.

Gungnir is a piece of work, especially to deal with in ahelps. This is not helped by also diving into DMs to spout the same rhetoric.

And Gungnir can expect beatings to continue until ahelp conduct improves. They know far better than to challenge me on this point.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #678810

(Also we have hijacked the peanut. Pray we do not hijack it any further.)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #678813

ekaterina wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:46 am Tell me this isn't conrad.
What'd I do?
► Show Spoiler
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #678814

conrad wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:54 am
What'd I do?
► Show Spoiler
”Hey why did you space the captain” -> a fucking emagged borg
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #678815

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:58 am
conrad wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:54 am
What'd I do?
► Show Spoiler
”Hey why did you space the captain” -> a fucking emagged borg
I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #678816

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am
Spoiler:

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Gael Perkins.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
That's literally Sec101
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
No, go fuck yourself.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins 
Spoiler:

oh i'm alive now- yeah. I wasn't wanting it as a like "hey fuck you you're stupid >:c" kinda thing, but just letting them know something they might not otherwise be aware of.
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2022-07-13T05:09:28
Tell em IC!
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:09:37
I can now that I'm alive, yeah.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:09:48
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:12:42
Client reconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:12:51
Yeah if telling the AI IC had them argue with me and then say "I don't have time to argue this with you" am I allowed to go kill it?
cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
2022-07-13T05:17:50
No.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:18:07
But it's gone from incompetence to actively harmful.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:18:16
CMDR you know that's not true.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:18:35
I'm willing to allow someone not being good. But actively arguing when told they made a mistake is another matter entirely, Chesh.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:18:46
They're not going to learn, so you MAKE them learn.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:18:55
People like believing they're right, people are stubborn, self antagging is not the answer.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:19:05
Cool, so we make it an administrative matter, then, because otherwise the dumb cunt is never going to learn.##I'm actively reporting their violation of Law 1.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:19:27
CMDR, I'm going to ask you to step back for a moment before we continue. I'll talk to them, but you need to stop the path of "they disagree with me so they're a dumb cunt asshole"
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:20:31
But they are. They're actively fucking shit-for-brains tier.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:20:46
They got told, POLITELY, they made a mistake. And they argued with it. And when they couldn't win the argument, they went "HURR ME NO HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH YOU"
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:21:05
If they're going to be a stubborn fucker on something they're objectively wrong on, then I have a problem with that.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:21:20
I allow people to not be good. I have very little patience for active stupidity.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:21:40
Could you explain how they were breaking their first law?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:21:48
I'm investigating now, you need to relax and stop treating people who are incorrect as your enemy.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:22:09
They dragged a Human out of safety and into harm, to protect a non-human.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:22:10
Their own argument when I told them that I was safe was that i was committing harm by keeping the person there. Yet they dragged me out, instead of the patient. Who was, I remind you, non-human.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:22:51
And, again. When told, by the Human, that they'd done this. They chose to argue about it.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:23:07
Alright, so they dragged you from a pressurized to a depressurized area?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:23:37
They're not just wrong, they're a fucking moron. And that's why I have a problem with it. If you won't let me resolve the problem myself, I'll make you do it.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:23:39
Correct.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:23:42
CMDR this is your last warning, you're going to take a break and stop pretending that you're on some righteous crusade against someone who was mistaken and believes they are right. Calling someone a "fucking moron" "shit-for-brains" doesn't get anything done, it just feels awful to read. Step back, get some water.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:25:21
Want to catch an admin complaint?
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:25:39
Complain away.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:26:02
Where did the AI grab you exactly? Was it in robotics?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:26:19
The pressurized flaps at the Service Hall.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:26:31
alright, and you were in crit?
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:26:41
No, I was perfectly fine.
cmdrgungnir ➡ cheshify
2022-07-13T05:26:53
The situation has been handled.
cheshify ➡ cmdrgungnir
2022-07-13T05:33:40
Resolved by Cheshify 
FWIW, these two tickets definitely could’ve been handled better. Gungnir was definitely over the line in every single case, but I think this whole thing could have been avoided.

“It was valid IC” is an odd response to receive when being chucked into perma for what you believe to be bad reasoning. It’s very strange because surely you could share what sec’s reasons are? Maybe they thought you were a traitor based on reasonable invalid justification — it’s very hard to see why the reason couldn’t be shared.

The second ticket went awry when the “you need to relax, go drink some water” stuff started coming out. They are upset, the AI got them good and bothered, it’s probably best to just investigate the situation, it’s hard to see how any good can come from critiquing the ahelper’s tone in referring to the AI. Also getting “handled” at the end of all that, feels like a massive slap in the face, although at this point it may have been deserved since they’d gotten hostile against the admin “wanna catch a complaint?” But even before that I think it could’ve all been avoided by just investigating the situation calmly and leaving critiques about their angry tone out. It’s directed at the AI, not the admin, and maybe they had good reason to be upset.
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #678818

I cant believe i used to care about gungirs opinion on silicon policy after seeing those ahelps
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #678822

Apologies in advance for getting on a soapbox here especially when the tickets weren’t even all that bad, but it’s insane how tiny little changes in tone and the way investigations are handled can change a player’s attitude entirely, it can make a ticket go from burning you out to being a pleasant interaction, and it can make the difference in if a player is soured to admins in general thereafter or has a more chipper attitude.

I’m just gonna share a few that I look back on and think, “damn that was a well handled ticket.”
Spoiler:

Hey there, not in trouble at all. Just need some context, logs aren't exactly clear. Would ya happen to remember why Napleon Dynamite was gulagged?
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-04-11T02:57:43
He dragged off a prisoner I was trying to arrest
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-04-11T02:58:14
So I gave him 5 minutes gulag like the prisoner
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-04-11T02:58:23
All right I see. Sorry for the bwoink, I ask you here because in this situation it's a tad difficult to determine which prisoner he stole without directly asking. Would you know which guy they grabbed, just a name?
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-04-11T03:00:07
Teeko
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-04-11T03:00:22
All right. Many thanks, enjoy the rest of the round.
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-04-11T03:00:42
Resolved by admin
admin ➡ Admins
2021-04-11T03:00:
Spoiler:

Hi there, when you have a minute, can you give me a quick rundown on what happened between yourself and Yakoff Smirnoff?
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:08:15
Sure no problem. I got a report from an Odysseus that they injected an assistant with Chloral. He confessed to doing it. AFAIK Chloral puts you into a sleep and slowly kills you. I tested their syringe on them and it was something much worse than chloral. I brought them to medbay to possibly be healed after. I asked the ody if they were healing people - to see if they should be healed. He said they were shooting random people with death syringes and he (the Ody) had to heal them after. So I brought em back to brig to be meathooked there.
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:10:36
Grand. I can see there's been some miscommunication here, and what you described to me is reasonable. While you had no way of knowing this, the extent of the doctor's syringe gunning was in a personal squabble against an assistant who he then healed. Flint Logue, who later killed themeslves in one of the brig cells.
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:13:53
Bringing to be revived. Thanks for the help.
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:14:10
I'll help speed up the revival proccess a tad, once you defib him. I won't fault you here as it seems you may have been deceived by whoever the mech was. Just uhh, be more careful in the future with incomplete info.
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:16:15
Gotcha. I usually trust reports from docs and mechs at face value but shoulda investiigated more.
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:16:47
Don't worry about replacing his heart, I'll revive him and give him some damage..
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:17:39
Alrighty
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:17:48
Feel free to leave the fella there, I'll see if they want back into the round or not.
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:18:32
Okay
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:18:42
They've decided to hit the road but they were glad to hear the context behind it. Thanks for the understanding
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:20:18
Damn. Alright
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:20:28
Any advice how I may have approached that differently?
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:20:37
I'd say it was fine for the most part, you were operating with incomplete information, which is the nature of this game. Personally, I'd only jump to execution if I had rock solid evidence, otherwise things get muddy.
admin ➡ sinfulbliss
2021-05-29T09:22:47
Gotcha, shoulda perma'd em. Tram's perma is really fucky though. For some reason it always runs out of power in like 10min.
sinfulbliss ➡ admin
2021-05-29T09:24:12
Resolved by admin
admin ➡ Admins
2021-05-29T09:25:46
Spoiler:

Hey there, sorry to ahelp you about it so late, but the other party wanted me to continue to explore the situation (this is regarding the mime last round). When they tresspassed on bridge, do you remember if there were extenuating circumstances or not?
Spoiler:

Hey there - when you aren't busy of course, would you give me a quick rundown as to what happened in cargo? Specifically with some of the murders, with Phillip Anderson and Mothy Mothington as of now.
Spoiler:

sorry about that the server restarted before i could respond, they've been dealt with
In these ahelps the intro instantly disarms the player. You feel you’re just being nudged for details about whatever it was, almost as a way to help them. Don’t go in trying to explain why they’re wrong, what flaws in the ahelper’s reasoning there are — get their reasoning and validate it, then present the evidence that shows it to be wrong, without a pointed attack. Let them save face, and all of the sudden they’ll be the ones admitting they made a mistake, or perhaps there’s something they weren’t considering.
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #678840

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:54 am Apologies in advance for getting on a soapbox here especially when the tickets weren’t even all that bad, but it’s insane how tiny little changes in tone and the way investigations are handled can change a player’s attitude entirely, it can make a ticket go from burning you out to being a pleasant interaction, and it can make the difference in if a player is soured to admins in general thereafter or has a more chipper attitude.

I’m just gonna share a few that I look back on and think, “damn that was a well handled ticket.”

In these ahelps the intro instantly disarms the player. You feel you’re just being nudged for details about whatever it was, almost as a way to help them. Don’t go in trying to explain why they’re wrong, what flaws in the ahelper’s reasoning there are — get their reasoning and validate it, then present the evidence that shows it to be wrong, without a pointed attack. Let them save face, and all of the sudden they’ll be the ones admitting they made a mistake, or perhaps there’s something they weren’t considering.
First off: I don't disagree with any of this, and I think you'll be hard pressed to find an admin who does. I try my best to open ahelps kindly and am understanding when someone misinterprets what I write / I write something that's a little vague and it leads to confusion. There's a ton of tools in the toolbox of "how to have a pleasant conversation with someone", and it's better for everyone involved and the community as a whole when those ahelps go over well.

However: nobody's perfect, and it's ultimately not an admin's job to talk down the hyperaggressive cases. If someone comes in swinging hard, I can't fault the admin handling if they don't have a perfect response or decide to say enough's enough and hand out a time-out. Admins are just as protected against harassment by the rules as any other player, and if I saw gungnir treating players like they've been shown to treat admins I'd be seeing them in ban appeals shortly.

Extending the above point, although we understand that sometimes people will come in swinging because they've had a bad day or gotten irritated or whatever, we aren't as understanding of people who always do this. Gungnir's got timeout bans from a handful of admins all of varying lengths and even has headmins frowning at him at this point, and it's not like there's some grand conspiracy to make up reasons to do that - it's just that they have a very, very long track record of treating people like dogshit. "cmdr was over the line in both cases" turns into "cmdr was over the line in this one too, who knew", and "oh wow, another case of that", and so on and so forth, as more and more people show up with their own logs of interactions with him.

I'm further along than timberpoes when it comes to being pro-quality control, and I think that someone who cannot handle the concept of not harassing, verbally abusing, and demeaning our staff repeatedly (and possibly other players as well) should not be on our servers. I'm tired of seeing staff who're burned out from the game or adminning because of people like gungnir who treat them like shit.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #678847

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:33 am
Timber having zero chill
I know we were TRYING to be chill about this and keep it on the down low but Jesus Christ.

Now I feel compelled since the state of things is live to comment about one of Gungrirs particular statements:
The double standards on display here are fucking disgusting and rapidly deteriorating my respect and faith for our admin team. If all of you are defending that, then what are you doing that we don't know about?
This had me absolutely reeling knowing the context of things that we know, and that now everyone knows. Is there not a double standard there in that you've been allowed to behave this way consistently for, what, a couple of years now? Coming in like a wrecking ball and then complaining about how admins handle things when you make the choice to act like an entitled child upset that didn't get their McDonalds meal from the very start? And this is only a tiny snapshot of how you choose to behave.

You haven't eaten a perma as Timber said, that is what we were also defending with a 'double standard' that anyone else would have already eaten the dirt for, that everyone now knows about, congratulations. I hope you're proud of what you've accomplished for yourself.

Considering your vendettas and then calls of being the victim until those exact situations get laid out for everyone to see... How dare you demand empathy and talk about things not feeling good while you open with things like this. How does that make the admin feel? Where is the empathy for how they will feel and react with things like it? Or are they just customer service expected to deal with it? No shit they were dismissive, and I don't blame them. Admins aren't paid therapists sitting here to soak up abuse.

You want us to do our jobs, I'll do mine as will Timber by protecting the admin team (and others) from when you (or anyone) decide(s to) behave in negative and abusive ways.

Wake up.
Hugs
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #678848

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 pm However: nobody's perfect, and it's ultimately not an admin's job to talk down the hyperaggressive cases. If someone comes in swinging hard, I can't fault the admin handling if they don't have a perfect response or decide to say enough's enough and hand out a time-out. Admins are just as protected against harassment by the rules as any other player, and if I saw gungnir treating players like they've been shown to treat admins I'd be seeing them in ban appeals
I agree completely, and after they became hostile with the admin any semblance of a pleasant ticket goes out the window — but I’m talking about before that:

“CMDR, you know that’s not true.”
^ Sort of an accusation of lying in the ahelp. Better would have been “fill me in here if you don’t mind — what did they do to cause harm?”

“CMDR this is your last warning, you're going to take a break and stop pretending that you're on some righteous crusade against someone who was mistaken and believes they are right. Calling someone a ‘fucking moron’ ‘shit-for-brains’ doesn't get anything done, it just feels awful to read. Step back, get some water.”
^ Here it would have been better to just not say any of this. A player calling an AI a moron and other things in an ahelp is probably unpleasant to read, but it’s understandable for players to get angry at things. If it needed to be said at all, it would’ve been better to ask in a less demanding authoritative manner, something like “I understand that’s very upsetting, I’m investigating the issue. If you don’t mind please try to keep it civil while we sort this out.”

“Sorry, but unfortunately it’s valid.”
^ This feels dismissive and very unhelpful. Why is it valid? If it is the case that the reason can’t be shared, which is odd to be honest, it would’ve been nice to commiserate a bit and maybe explain that you sadly can’t tell them why.

These things were all said before they became hostile with the admins, and again although it doesn’t excuse their behavior (DM’ing admins on Discord with rage, and their overall behavior was completely unacceptable by anyone’s measure), I can’t help but think if the ticket were approached differently it could’ve been avoided, at least in these two situations.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #678865

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 am I'll concede that 'Just fucking gibsmite the Warden' isn't something he can do, but you have two choices at that point. "That's fucking stupid, I'm not going to do that. Reject without a word." or "Wow, they're upset about something. I can't do that, but maybe I can look into it and try to make things better for them." You should usually pick the latter
Nope, the correct answer is to reject without a word because it teaches people to take a step back and calm down before sending an ahelp. If you get an ahelp that is incoherent and nothing more than telling admins to go beat a guy up, the best option is to reject it. If you humor it and hold their hand as you gently ask for actual details then they are just going to do it again. We are all (supposedly) adults here, and if someone is getting so infuriated that they aren’t able to write a coherent ahelp then they need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try to relax. And if they can’t, they need to consider another game.

We aren’t babysitters or psychologists or therapists or behavior specialists or whatever. It’s not our job to handle issues that require one of the above jobs.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #678868

Spoiler:

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Rejected by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins
Spoiler:

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Gael Perkins.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
That's literally Sec101
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
No, go fuck yourself.
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
cmdrgungnir ➡ shockshard
shockshard ➡ cmdrgungnir
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by ShockShard
shockshard ➡ Admins 
Spoiler:

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
You'd be correct
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Rejected by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Closed by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Cool
Closed by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

cmdrgungnir ➡ Admins
Client disconnected
➡ cmdrgungnir
Resolved by GeneralThrax
generalthrax ➡ Admins 

This is frankly unacceptable from you, and feels like an attempt to simply destroy my reputation. I specifically said I didn't want it made into a big deal. When people asked, I downplayed it, on both your and my end, because I'd only brought it up to explain the events that lead to me feeling strongly about this situation. I've been trying to improve. My ticket conduct is better. I've been more direct with my ahelps, instead of letting my opening ticket be a conversation starter. And instead, you go and specifically reveal the things I didn't want revealed, because I consider them failures on my part. Because I consider them my shame.

What good did this do?
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:20 am Oh he was mad because I had no main objectives or side objectives done.

I don't do my objectives, I use antag as a license to do gimmicks lmao, I'll never apologize for doing that, normal antag progression is boring
It was that combined with no TC spent at all. Made it feel/look like you weren't even trying to be an antag, and just saw an opportunity to kill someone because Can. Any actually talking to me would've dismissed that pretty much instantly. But I also spoke to Thrax after the situation and apologized to them, and we're cool.
Jacquerel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:50 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:52 am Where does this tie into my previous point? A push away from 'Argumentative in ahelps' unless truly warranted. We see so many cases where someone's frustrated with how they're being treated like a disappointed parent talking to their toddler, and giving up, get marked with that brush. It should only be for someone whose response to "Mmm, I know the Clown sprayed you with baldium, but the part where you threw them into the supermatter was a tad much" is "Fuck you Jannie, this is 1984, we need a new Hitler to deal with all of you HRPmins".
From Gungnir's run for headmin, which was approximately one month before sending those ahelps and then apparently continuing afterwards to berate an admin in DMs. Just thought it was interesting.
I was also very consistent in that talking to people gets you the best results, and that we should be training admins who communicate, and make players feel listened to.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:33 am Contextually, this is not the first time I've had to talk to Gung about being a piece of shit in ahelps. During my last headmin term I got a report from an admin that prompted me to log onto the servers and read this ticket:
Why would you go and share more? I've made it repeatedly clear that I consider it my shame. When we spoke, I even expressed to you my anxiety about the fact that I can't escape my past. That no matter how hard I try to change, it will always loom over me, and be held above my head. That everyone will take any opportunity to use it against me. That everything will just be "There's Gung being a piece of shit." and all you're doing is proving that right.
Timber, Continued wrote: Gungnir is a piece of work, especially to deal with in ahelps. This is not helped by also diving into DMs to spout the same rhetoric.
How does this help anyone? This is just insulting (and imo, slandering, as these cases are the Exception not the Rule. I have a LOT of tickets, and these ones aren't the norm) me. It's not needed. Please, stop.
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:10 am “It was valid IC” is an odd response to receive when being chucked into perma for what you believe to be bad reasoning. It’s very strange because surely you could share what sec’s reasons are? Maybe they thought you were a traitor based on reasonable invalid justification — it’s very hard to see why the reason couldn’t be shared.
Exactly why I was upset about it. I found out later "Sec were told you were attacking people with a deadly weapon" but Sec had never actually spoken to me. The "Claims of assault and mass murder" was things I overhead them saying to each other, while the Warden was preparing to perma me.
Sinful, continued wrote: The second ticket went awry when the “you need to relax, go drink some water” stuff started coming out. They are upset, the AI got them good and bothered, it’s probably best to just investigate the situation, it’s hard to see how any good can come from critiquing the ahelper’s tone in referring to the AI. Also getting “handled” at the end of all that, feels like a massive slap in the face, although at this point it may have been deserved since they’d gotten hostile against the admin “wanna catch a complaint?” But even before that I think it could’ve all been avoided by just investigating the situation calmly and leaving critiques about their angry tone out. It’s directed at the AI, not the admin, and maybe they had good reason to be upset.
The thing about "wanna catch a complaint" was, as I mentioned to Timber, an attempt to level the feel. Chesh telling me "Final warning" felt like a threat. "I'm going to give you a note or a ban if you don't stop being upset about someone".

I'm not defending my actions in any of the tickets Timber linked. I consider them all my shame for a reason. But I think it's worth explaining where I was coming from, to show that I'm not some asshole shitter who gets like that because the ruling wasn't in my favour. There are countless times I get a ruling against me, and I accept it. This is not how MOST of my tickets go.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:15 am I cant believe i used to care about gungirs opinion on silicon policy after seeing those ahelps
Just because I'm an emotionally driven, abrasive dickhead who struggles with mental health and anger issues, doesn't mean that I don't have good opinions or insight on things. Please, don't hold my worst against me.
Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:32 pm Now I feel compelled since the state of things is live to comment about one of Gungrirs particular statements:
The double standards on display here are fucking disgusting and rapidly deteriorating my respect and faith for our admin team. If all of you are defending that, then what are you doing that we don't know about?
This had me absolutely reeling knowing the context of things that we know, and that now everyone knows. Is there not a double standard there in that you've been allowed to behave this way consistently for, what, a couple of years now? Coming in like a wrecking ball and then complaining about how admins handle things when you make the choice to act like an entitled child upset that didn't get their McDonalds meal from the very start? And this is only a tiny snapshot of how you choose to behave.
It's not consistent. Most of my tickets are fine. Most of them are "hey, do you know why my PDA isn't showing icons?" "Hey, I'm having some trouble with making this circuit, can you help?" "This map doesn't have the chuuni book, but it's supposed to, could you spawn it in for me?" "Hey, the syndie suit looks like they're just shooting randomly in the halls. I don't know/think they're boning, but it might be worth having your eye on, just in case." Most of them go fine. These are the rare exception. Yes, they shouldn't happen at all, but it's not consistent, please stop lying about me. The truth is bad enough, we don't need to add more on top of it.

I was saying that when everyone was calling for demotion, instead of deadminning. I didn't want them banned, I just know that demoting them to Trial wouldn't matter at all. I'm sorry if I failed to communicate that properly, but it doesn't warrant this.
Misdoubtful, continued wrote: Considering your vendettas and then calls of being the victim until those exact situations get laid out for everyone to see... How dare you demand empathy and talk about things not feeling good while you open with things like this. How does that make the admin feel? Where is the empathy for how they will feel with things like it? Or are they just customer service expected to deal with it? No shit they were dismissive, and I don't blame them. Admins aren't paid therapists sitting here to soak up abuse.

You want us to do our jobs, I'll do mine as will Timber by protecting the admin team (and others) from when you (or anyone) decide(s to) behave in negative and abusive ways.
That's why I never tried to appeal them. I knew I was in the wrong. I knew my behaviour wasn't right. I'm trying to do better, I'm sorry.
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:35 pm I agree completely, and after they became hostile with the admin any semblance of a pleasant ticket goes out the window — but I’m talking about before this:

“CMDR, you know that’s not true.”
^ Sort of an accusation of lying in the ahelp. Better would have been “fill me in here if you don’t mind — what did they do to cause harm?”

“CMDR this is your last warning, you're going to take a break and stop pretending that you're on some righteous crusade against someone who was mistaken and believes they are right. Calling someone a ‘fucking moron’ ‘shit-for-brains’ doesn't get anything done, it just feels awful to read. Step back, get some water.”
^ Here it would have been better to just not say any of this. A player calling an AI a moron and other things in an ahelp is probably unpleasant to read, but it’s understandable for players get angry at things.

“Sorry, but unfortunately it’s valid.”
^ This feels dismissive and very unhelpful. Why is it valid? If it is the case that the reason can’t be shared, which is odd to be honest, it would’ve been nice to commiserate a bit and maybe explain that you sadly can’t tell them why.

These things were all said before they became hostile with the admins, and again although it doesn’t excuse their behavior (DM’ing admins on Discord with rage, and their overall behavior was completely unacceptable by anyone’s measure), I can’t help but think if the ticket were approached differently it could’ve been avoided, at least in these two situations.
This is exactly right and is all I've been trying to say. I've never been trying to defend myself, I know I was in the wrong, all I've ever wanted to do was just explain this because it isn't coming from nowhere I'm not trying to be a dickhead. I'm not a shitter who wants to inflict pain and misery on everyone, I hate myself for being like that.
NoxVS wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:51 pm We are all (supposedly) adults here, and if someone is getting so infuriated that they aren’t able to write a coherent ahelp then they need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try to relax. And if they can’t, they need to consider another game.
It was never about that, it was about creating a statement that grabs the admin's attention. Once they're looking, you spend the time explaining the situation because it may take a while for them to get to you, and there might be more things that happen since then. Then you can put it all together at once, and it means you aren't spending minutes giving them every detail that they won't see for five more minutes, when you can use that to try and prevent the situation from getting worse.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #678885

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:32 pm How dare you demand empathy and talk about things not feeling good while you open with things like this. How does that make the admin feel? Where is the empathy for how they will feel and react with things like it? Or are they just customer service expected to deal with it? No shit they were dismissive, and I don't blame them. Admins aren't paid therapists sitting here to soak up abuse.
This is fair when the verbal abuse is directed at the admin himself, but not when the admin gets mad about calling another player a moron in ahelps (like Cheshify did). This should not affect the admin and it cannot affect the player.
NoxVS wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:51 pm Nope, the correct answer is to reject without a word because it teaches people to take a step back and calm down before sending an ahelp.
Have you ever talked to a person? Not communicating is only going to further infuriate the angry player, not calm him down.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:59 pm Made it feel/look like you weren't even trying to be an antag, and just saw an opportunity to kill someone because Can.
Manuel moment. This is just Tuesday for us LRP spessmen, to whom rule 4 is king.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:59 pm I found out later "Sec were told you were attacking people with a deadly weapon" but Sec had never actually spoken to me. The "Claims of assault and mass murder" was things I overhead them saying to each other, while the Warden was preparing to perma me.
Sec was going to permabrig you without any evidence and the admin just ignored it? Shitmin behaviour. A good admin would find a way to solve it IC.
I've been on the other end before (the sec officer about to gulag someone who has been framed) and the admin sent me a little IC message from Centcom saying that the prisoner was innocent, to the satisfaction of the players involved.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:15 am I cant believe i used to care about gungirs opinion on silicon policy after seeing those ahelps
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:59 pm Just because I'm an emotionally driven, abrasive dickhead who struggles with mental health and anger issues, doesn't mean that I don't have good opinions or insight on things.
Absolutely. An argument must be evaluated on its merits - discarding an argument just because of who said it is to commit the genetic fallacy.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #678908

too many words, didnt read.

gungir you’re embarrassing yourself and frankly you’ve embarrassed everyone on this thread. i couldnt remember who said the thing about the nepotism but now it’s clear it was you and your claims had zero weight to them. im embarrassed that i even brought it up. timber showed that there was nothing to be worried about and that this is one of those “it just fuckin happens” moments. anyone that has held any kind of sympathy for you feels like a total moron now.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Drag
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #678918

Hey!!

This thread is going in an unsavory direction, it's time to chill off.

Look at this gay image instead:
► Show Spoiler
Now take a breath and go touch grass.
 ! Message from: Armhulen
User was warned for this post. If you think people are unsavory, report it. If you don't think the posts are reportable, then just post in other threads. Don't try to derail it.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #678948

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:39 am (Also we have hijacked the peanut. Pray we do not hijack it any further.)
i fucking love it when timber hijacks peanut threads
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:29 pmanyone that has held any kind of sympathy for you feels like a total moron now.
this
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #678951

Two wrongs don't make a right or something like that.

Hey does anyone here play Starsector?

I own it but never really played it. Not sure where to start.

! Message from: Armhulen
User was warned for this post. I *just* said don't derail, even if you edit it after
 ! Message from: Misdoubtful
User was warned for this post. Stupid stinky slinky animal
 ! Message from: Timberpoes
Timber woz ere 2023
Hugs
MercuryArrow
Byond Username: MercuryArrow

Post by MercuryArrow » #678953

Honestly feels like a clear-cut case of "both sides are in the wrong in different ways but the side with all the power is swinging their weight around to shut people up" to me. If someone's angry or abusive in ahelps then yes, it's valid enough to not want to deal with that, nobody should have to, but using someone's emotional state as a way to sweep valid and far-reaching concerns about the state of administration, whether it's of a single admin or not, under the rug is a bad look and airing your personal grievances over it when someone expressed those valid concerns in a calm and collected manner, *the thing you wanted to begin with*, after being asked here?

I've had nothing but positive interactions with both sides of this argument but I'm honestly a little furious just reading all this, so maybe it's not crazy to spare a moment to think of the other side here.
Melinoë Parker, local anaemic mutant.
Deirdre Caidh, bartender, bluespace hobbyist, occasional serial killer.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #678956

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:29 pm anyone that has held any kind of sympathy for you feels like a total moron now.
The entire log was just awful to read. I've done customer service for quality control and let me tell you, the worst type of complaints are those that don't even pretend to be professional.
I didn't think the ahelps were THAT bad until I read them. I regret even asking now.
This whole ahelp affair could be taken in private and having it shown out in the open ironically led to disaster.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #678966

Yeesh
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #678995

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:29 pm anyone that has held any kind of sympathy for you feels like a total moron now.
Oh I disagree, CMDR's post made me feel a great deal of sympathy for them. They definitely did wrong, but they know that and they feel cringe because of it. Who hasn't felt that?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #678996

Also a nod of recognition for Arm moderating this thread. +1 good job have a twix
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #678997

I think it is worth noting that no one would have even known about this if CMDR didn’t open an admin complaint about it, since it was being handled by headmins before the complaint anyway.
Spoiler:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #678999

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:46 pm I think it is worth noting that no one would have even known about this if CMDR didn’t open an admin complaint about it, since it was being handled by headmins before the complaint anyway.
I agree. I suspect if there were no admin complaint we (we here meaning admins) would've got a "regarding..." thread. This would've been a bad outcome
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #679007

Hey... WE SEE YOU GUYS...

WHY AREN'T Y'ALL POSTING? NO OPINIONS? WHAT? You GOTTA have an opin- BLAMMMM
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #679009

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:08 pm Two wrongs don't make a right or something like that.

Hey does anyone here play Starsector?

I own it but never really played it. Not sure where to start.

its cool how we're using the mod warnings to shitpost now, are there mod warnings for the mod warnings?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #679022

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:20 pm Hey... WE SEE YOU GUYS...

Spoiler:
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #679024

Jackraxxus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:29 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:20 pm Hey... WE SEE YOU GUYS...

Spoiler:
@Armhulen, kill him.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #679026

actually, i'm going to kill the thread. it's kinda run its course... for both of the topics it had, thank you timber

edit: nevermore
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #679031

You can kill the thread but you can't kill deez
 ! Message from: Timberpoes
Dumb big cat in a hat was made fun of for this post.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #679054

looking back, i think i commited murder just a bit too early. reviving the thread for discussions to continue but remember to be civil.
kieth4 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:51 pm You can kill the thread but you can't kill deez
i swear to god me unlocking has nothing to do with this post but by quoting this post in my unlocking the Streisand effect is going to absolutely bury me here and make people think I unlocked the thread because of this post WHICH I DIDN'T but using caps now triples the Streisand effect oh god why am I still typing and doing this bit might help by making it look like a joke but by mentioning it's a joke the Streisand effect now makes people think i'm serious oh fuck fuck fuck
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #679055

Arm is based by unlocking this thread after a conversation in INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS