RicardoFort Jobban Hazelnut Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

RicardoFort Jobban Hazelnut Thread

Post by Thunder11 » #598789

ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: RicardoFort Jobban Hazelnut Thread

Post by oranges » #598794

as long as they don't do it every time they're an antag there's nothing wrong with this interaction, it should have stayed entirely IC.

But a few manuel mins think they are the arbiters of everyone's roleplay style, instead of just the amount of roleplay being done and have this toxic attitude where people need to roleplay exactly how they do, even though there is zero justification to determine how others are roleplaying unless it's crossing a line into being detrimental for the playerbase.

Since this had no negative affect involving yourself in the situation as an admin is laughable

This is the kind of ban that gives people the ability to say "manuel admin" as an insult.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #598795

I mean banning for not validing someone is the opposite of stereotypical Manuelmin behaviour
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #598798

no, because those two types of bans stem from the same root cause

"you didn't roleplay this situation like I wanted you to"

They're two sides of the same coin, and it's always expressed in one or the other extreme.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598805

oranges wrote:no, because those two types of bans stem from the same root cause

"you didn't roleplay this situation like I wanted you to"

They're two sides of the same coin, and it's always expressed in one or the other extreme.
admins on MRP don't like powergaming and getting antag items as non-antag.
Screenshot 2021-04-24 11.14.39 PM.png
Living God

Extraordinary Person

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #598806

Good thing this guy never saw my captain on manuel, or I would have been permabanned twice already. And slapping the only sec of the shift for not being a braindead validhunter, I think this banbot might need a reboot.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #598812

JusticeGoat wrote:Head roles are expected to have some minimum amount of effort, the HOS is not any different. So within the first ten minutes of the game trading high value objectives to a enemy of the company for syndicate gear back on the hopes to power game with it is not in the spirit of what Manuel is about.
I'm quite confused in how this whole ban revolves around "Minimum effort" of a head role. Is it low effort to step outside of the rigid boundaries of your job as Head of Security and roleplay taking a bribe to help a traitor? Why necessarily is this disallowed?

Under rule 6 of the roleplaying rules, it states the following.
If an antagonist shows a willingness to engage with you, do your best to reciprocate it, though leniency as to their punishment is still in your court.
Giving the rules another clear reading doesn't really suggest you're explicitly compelled against assisting a traitor, so long as you haven't doled out disproportionate justice or the engagement with the crime didn't result in the antag proceeding to murderbone (I may be misreading or misunderstanding rules so take this with a grain of salt.)

It would make more sense if this ban came from roleplay rule 10 or general rule 5, the latter of which states the following.
Abuse of a job position, particularly Rule 1 breaking abuse, is not allowed.
Should the note reflect instead on the player abusing their position as HoS to help a traitor, as opposed to not providing enough effort and neglecting their job? Otherwise, this is essentially saying that the player's actions were on the same level as logging out as head round-start, which is a big of a stretch in my opinion, since one would've had to roleplay out taking a bribe and setting a baseline for the traitor's actions continuing forth. You can't necessarily roleplay the dereliction of one's duties in-character unless you had those duties to begin with.

To further note, does this headmin ruling not extend to Manuel? The situation itself is not too clear to the extent in which the banned player assisted the antag.
Ausops wrote:Basically, you can assist antags with appropriate ic reasoning but you cant do antag things yourself. In more extreme or unsure cases, ask an admin for go ahead. Bribe are acceptable ic reasoning to assist antags- for more benign cases think tators giving emags to cargo and cargo assisting the tator in buying null crates and such. Looking the other way when a tator kills someone seems fine too, unfortunate if the victim is mad about sec, but that is the price of """rp""""""" sometimes.
In my eyes, as an admittedly out of touch player with a low amount of connections, the MRP I was used to as an old boi was about the emergent gameplay you wouldn't see in a server culture defined by playing to win. Bans like this only serve to undermine that sorta roleplaying by limiting what kind of emergent interactions can happen. Even if this situation had lead to the traitor killing someone while trying to achieve their objectives, I'd find it a bit interesting at least from a MRP perspective to have the HoS then implicated through their helping and then the station having to contend with the implications ICly.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #598813

if the objectives posed next to no threat to the station & the hos got all the TC and the clown's full cooperation i dont see what the issue is
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #598829

FAILRP FAILRP
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #598832

Embarrassmin.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #598834

You guys did see the part at the beginning when he put a call out to traitors to come and deliver their uplinks to him?

This wasn't some fortuitous circumstance.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #598842

RaveRadbury wrote:You guys did see the part at the beginning when he put a call out to traitors to come and deliver their uplinks to him?

This wasn't some fortuitous circumstance.
What does this change?
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #598844

If anything, the traitor should get beaned for being a friendly :v)
► Show Spoiler
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #598846

mrp more like Minimum effort
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #598848

Malkraz wrote:FAILRP FAILRP
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #598850

Farquaar wrote:If anything, the traitor should get beaned for being a friendly :v)
Agreed
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #598852

Head of Security secured enemy high tech prototypes and kept the workers of the station safe? Failrp bro
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #598853

This is a deep sad sigh moment. So you try some interesting roleplay scenario which benefits everybody, makes for some funny interactions and would make sense on a silly setting as ss13 and get shit for it because civil protection had to keep up with their beating quota that day.

One can't even be angry at this, it's just plain sad. Hurts to see how wrong I was to defend Manuel so much back when I actually played on it, then realizing where people were coming from about the fake illusion of higher RP standard it ended up being.

-_- y i k e s

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #598855

So through talking over general comms, a HoS helped de-escalate a situation that could've ended with a literal bombing of the station, avoided killing anyone, and helped the station's scientific development?

Why is this not a "no harm no foul, interesting way of dealing with an antagonist but remember to keep in mind that you're security and they're an enemy of the corp for future dealings"??
Like, outside of complete round removal, there's not much more you can do to really "neuter" a traitor than remove all of their TC.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #598859

Eh either outcome would be fine idrc
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #598868

Rate my take: rework item objectives to have impact on the station if they get taken and make it severe enough that people are motivated to defend them.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #598871

bad
traitor shouldn't always force people to fight, otherwise the whole stealth aspect gets kind of shafted
forcing people to defend high-sec items would just lead to even more validhunt as "oh no what if tator man steals x item that without it this entire station fails".
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #598875

BONERMASTER wrote:Rate my take: rework item objectives to have impact on the station if they get taken and make it severe enough that people are motivated to defend them.
I like it, don't we have some of that in the form of the SM Shard (delams SM), core (neuters the nuke), and Black Box (I think it messes with data or something?)?

One potential roadbump might be that people will try to pre-emptively/intensely defend the objective in a way that isn't fun.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #598880

BONERMASTER wrote:Rate my take: rework item objectives to have impact on the station if they get taken and make it severe enough that people are motivated to defend them.
Excellent idea, and remove the garbage objectives like plasmatank. There was much more interesting conflict when the target were unique items like magboots and CM hypospray that actually gave you cool, unique abilities not everybody would have after 25 minutes of research and mining.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #598883

RaveRadbury wrote:
I like it, don't we have some of that in the form of the SM Shard (delams SM), core (neuters the nuke), and Black Box (I think it messes with data or something?)?

One potential roadbump might be that people will try to pre-emptively/intensely defend the objective in a way that isn't fun.
Defending antag objectives for no reason is technically already forbidden by the rules, shouldn't be that much of an issue.
R4 wrote:non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause
BTW. Black Box does nothing right now. The machine it's in used to so some weird stuff but that functionality was removed years ago.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #598890

terranaut wrote:
Excellent idea, and remove the garbage objectives like plasmatank. There was much more interesting conflict when the target were unique items like magboots and CM hypospray that actually gave you cool, unique abilities not everybody would have after 25 minutes of research and mining.
Agreed, genuinely great idea. A (greater) conflict of interest between the station and steal objectives would be awesome. I think ill make a pr should i have the time
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #598937

better idea : rule 4

also

>jannie mad person isnt rping the way he wants
>notes him even if its fine by the rules
>doesnt just give someone else antag to steal the 20tcs back as a DM would

maybe he shouldnt have gone on manuel if he didnt want snooze 2h of nothingburger friendly antags in the first place
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #598943

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:maybe he shouldnt have gone on manuel if he didnt want snooze 2h of nothingburger friendly antags in the first place
Friendly antags are already soft-banned on Manuel
CoconutWarrior97 wrote: Rule 5 Precedents:
1. In general, make an effort to roleplay as the antagonist role you've been assigned. If you want to break with what is expected of your role then you can but it should make sense for your character to do this and should create some form of conflict. A traitor immediately outing themselves to security and acting as a regular crewmember for the rest of the round is boring and is a waste of the role. However one who pretends to do so in order to get security gear, falsely imprison their target, and kill them while they are isolated in prison contributes to the round.
Last edited by Farquaar on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #598944

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:

Defending antag objectives for no reason is technically already forbidden by the rules, shouldn't be that much of an issue.
R4 wrote:non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause
I feel that if you put strong negatives to the theft of the item in-round crew would indeed have a very good reason to defend them, because it doesnt matter if the thief is a greyshit or an antag if centcom confiscates all your money for its loss or whatever mechanics are implemented
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #598954

Farquaar wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:maybe he shouldnt have gone on manuel if he didnt want snooze 2h of nothingburger friendly antags in the first place
Friendly antags are already soft-banned on Manuel
CoconutWarrior97 wrote: Rule 5 Precedents:
1. In general, make an effort to roleplay as the antagonist role you've been assigned. If you want to break with what is expected of your role then you can but it should make sense for your character to do this and should create some form of conflict. A traitor immediately outing themselves to security and acting as a regular crewmember for the rest of the round is boring and is a waste of the role. However one who pretends to do so in order to get security gear, falsely imprison their target, and kill them while they are isolated in prison contributes to the round.
yes clown infringed rule, but hos got noted here
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #598956

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: centcom confiscates all your money for its loss or whatever mechanics are implemented
you're missing the point, the item should intrinsically have value for the station, ie. add an objective that has antags steal the gravity-core which causes the gravgen to be dysfunctional until its put back in. stuff like that.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #598959

terranaut wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: centcom confiscates all your money for its loss or whatever mechanics are implemented
you're missing the point, the item should intrinsically have value for the station, ie. add an objective that has antags steal the gravity-core which causes the gravgen to be dysfunctional until its put back in. stuff like that.
i think it would be better if traitor could choose their style of objs [which means they can also get preferences on discount types to fit better the style they want] maybe knit it to the old ''''lore'''' like i think lla had once where like u could choose s.e.l.f faction to get more silicon related objs etc? and then work on improve styles with unique objs and special interaction like choosing gorlax would give u discount of bone items and special objective to call lone ops by comm console etc
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #598962

terranaut wrote:
Wtf thats what my idea was
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #598966

wesoda25 wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Wtf thats what my idea was
I'll let you code it and take credit :o)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]