Should Tots Kill other Tots?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Should Tots Kill other Tots?

Post by XII3912 » #644629

Do you think traitors should kill other traitors? I personally think killing other traitors indiscriminately is a dick move but what do you guys think?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Should Tots Kill other Tots?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #644630

It's a part of the dynamic appeal when antags get in each other's way. I can't kill poly if another antag is already doing it
► Show Spoiler
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644633

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:55 pm It's a part of the dynamic appeal when antags get in each other's way. I can't kill poly if another antag is already doing it
So you'd kill another traitor (as a traitor) because they did a objective before you? I don't know man that sounds like a bit of a dickhead to me!
Last edited by XII3912 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KniraTwo
Byond Username: Knira

Post by KniraTwo » #644634

If another Traitor is being annoying and disruptive to my own plans, I'm gonna kill him without remorse.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644635

KniraTwo wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:00 pm If another Traitor is being annoying and disruptive to my own plans, I'm gonna kill him without remorse.
Fair enough actually one time somebody decapitated my zombies with a dsword so I killed them for it
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644637

Yeah, if you want to.

When I'm traitor, I'm cautious to other traitors, try to cooperate with nuke ops, and hostile to all other antags (alliances out of necessity do form)
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #644638

Depends, if sec is still prevalent I'll help them until I need to toss them under the bus and if traitors rule the station I'm killing anyone who thinks they can flaunt their goodies in front of me.
Weston Echard on Sybil
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #644639

I think it's fine either way. Betrayal and screwing other tots over to steal their TC is fine, they're not supposed to be team antags and often they compete for objectives. But overall it's not in your best interest, it's much better to ally with them and have other evil people to help deal with your actual threats like sec.
Spoiler:
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644640

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:50 pm Yeah, if you want to.

I just don't see why you should unless u have a good reason for it or ur going on a murderbone rampage which means you're killing EVERYONE
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644643

XII3912 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:58 pm

I just don't see why you should unless u have a good reason for it or ur going on a murderbone rampage which means you're killing EVERYONE
>loot from other traitors
>removing the competition (at least with prog traitors)
>sport
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Drag
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #644645

This is the beauty of rule four, to kill your fellow traitor or to not kill your fellow traitor.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644646

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:04 pm
XII3912 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:58 pm

>loot from other traitors
>removing the competition (at least with prog traitors)
>sport
Sport? Just go murderbone or do something that causes mass destruction & chaos instead of killing your own (this is more interesting and fun for all parties)

Removing the competition? Actually this makes sense however a good tot doesn't hold onto the item (you can skip the timer now) and if you're willing to waste a large amount of time hunting & killing every single traitor instead of spending time doing what's available idk man that seems like poor decision making

Loot from other tots? I'd say this falls under one of the "shit reasons" for doing this (kind of like people killing other tots cuz of the fluff) but in the end that's part of the game and I'm not here saying it should be bannable.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #644649

I would like to clarify, I enjoy killing other traitors when there is no one to oppose us because it is lame as hell to have 5 traitors sitting on the evac shuttle beheading anyone without codewords and acting all buddy buddy. I remember one of my first antag experiences was using hivemind chat as a ling and giving my identity away which resulted in one of them immediately coming to kill me. Antagonists should never feel safe, just as the crew shouldnt.
Weston Echard on Sybil
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644650

blackdav123 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm. Antagonists should never feel safe, just as the crew shouldnt.
They're not safe if it's not lowpop even on lowpop there will be atleast one seccie, or one bloodthirsty validhunter their main threat is the crew. If you wanna start a war with other tots because they own the station now that's fine though the main goal of traitor nowadays is about getting 1.4k rep and destroying the station with your objective
Last edited by XII3912 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #644651

no it makes you a cunt unless they're your target and their betrayal always spice things up

also i always spare antag targets too, even as tick
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644653

massa wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:36 pm no it makes you a cunt unless they're your target and their betrayal always spice things up

I had a stroke reading thi-
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #644655

XII3912 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:47 pm
massa wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:36 pm no it makes you a cunt unless they're your target and their betrayal always spice things up

I had a stroke reading thi-
i was answering the op the only correct take

working together makes you based as does mercy amongst villains
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #644660

i like helping other antags if im antag but im also an exceedingly passive and unrobust player
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #644671

Do what makes sense IC for your characters, up to and including killing other traitors for annoying you, putting sec on guard, etc.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #644679

I take the alpha play and cooperate or kill based on my traitor flavortext.... on LRP Sybil.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #644701

depends what the other tot is doing. if they're doing some cool gimmick or are otherwise excited to try something out then you're kicking down sand castles. if it's murderboner number one billion then i have no sympathy, but also haven't seen one of those in a year or so
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #644752

Tots exist to cause drama in the station, and some could roleplay to be a careless motherfucker that doesn't care about who they kill. If a tot was dragging a supermatter shard and destroying everything, it wouldn't be as interesting if they made the exception to not destroy someone because they are a tot. Whether they kill a tot or not is entirely up to their decision and what they want to do.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #644755

Depends on the situation. Generally I won't cooperate with or fight other traitors unless there's something to be gained from it, be it some drama (i.e. one of us wronged the other in some way) or material benefits (i.e. a mutual victim's ID, credits, or special items).
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #644769

Did you make this cause I killed you over doing a cascade 20-30 minutes in?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #644774

XII3912 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:00 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:55 pm It's a part of the dynamic appeal when antags get in each other's way. I can't kill poly if another antag is already doing it
So you'd kill another traitor (as a traitor) because they did a objective before you? I don't know man that sounds like a bit of a dickhead to me!
yes they cost me -1 tc they must suffer or give me 1 tc in exchange for being healed.
► Show Spoiler
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644788

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:35 am Did you make this cause I killed you over doing a cascade 20-30 minutes in?
No, that round was fine to me im making this cuz I wanted to get thoughts about it since I've gotten into this discussion a few times
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #644789

XII3912 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:13 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:35 am Did you make this cause I killed you over doing a cascade 20-30 minutes in?
No, that round was fine to me im making this cuz I wanted to get thoughts about it since I've gotten into this discussion a few times
You mean you kept telling me to go to Manuel :lol:
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #644791

I think traitor on traitor violence is fine. Personally I don't do it to someone because if I find out someone else is a traitor I'd rather work together with them though. The appeal of potentially stealing additional gear off someone is alluring though.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #644802

If im a traitor and I see another traitor im not gonna kill them because nobody intelligent leaves their uplink open and the only reason I would want to kill another tot is more tc.

leaving other tots alive means sec might go after them so I can go do shit while they're causing chaos.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #644832

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:23 pm
XII3912 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:13 pm
You mean you kept telling me to go to Manuel :lol:
you shouldnt be here sybil doesn't suit you!! YOU SHOULD GO TO MANUEL NOW!!
CUZ WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR TO ADAPT A MRP PLAYSTYLE? GO TO MANUEL AND GIVE ONE OF THE 90 spots to a LRP PLAYER WHO WANTS TO ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF LRP!? GO TO MANUEL I SAY THAT WITH A 100% WITH A 1000%

thank you