Stop Calling the shuttle over cult

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Stop Calling the shuttle over cult

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #652164

Stop calling the shuttle 20 mins in just because of a cult's existence. Am sick of people calling it cuz they saw 1 convert rune in maints. Play it out and wait for halos to call. Botany can mass produce null rods.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Stop Calling the shuttle over cult

Post by datorangebottle » #652165

heehoo funy emergency shutle button
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #652190

toe stubbed
Image Image
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #652234

DID SOMEONE SAY CULT?

AI LAW TWO CALL IT ELDRITCH MOMMY ABOUT TO DOOM US ALL
► Show Spoiler
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #652238

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:02 pm Stop calling the shuttle 20 mins in just because of a cult's existence. Am sick of people calling it cuz they saw 1 convert rune in maints. Play it out and wait for halos to call. Botany can mass produce null rods.
no
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #652250

I've gotten to where I'll recall the shuttle if it gets called WAY too early. On one hand, it's kind of the cult's fault if they get busted early, but on the other, that's absolutely not fun for anyone involved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #652296

Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:31 pm I've gotten to where I'll recall the shuttle if it gets called WAY too early. On one hand, it's kind of the cult's fault if they get busted early, but on the other, that's absolutely not fun for anyone involved.
Sounds like a skill issue for the cult. They have ways to make sure the shuttle doesn't land for a while, you shouldn't just freely give the Cult the victory, imo.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #652315

Doesn't help that there are numerous bugs involving being de converted from the cult so people rather just say fuck it and leave or kill rather than attempt continuing the shift
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #652323

Its just boring as a fuck man, I had a shuttle call go through on a shift where the cult at most had like 7 members and they were all dead. Sometimes you just get caught out of no where and when the initially response is to call shuttle and not fight it just gets boring.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #652327

I feel that. Once as a cult leader we did everything perfectly and no one knew we were growing but some dumbass mime stumbled into our base and the chef heard us fighting him
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #652362

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:35 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:31 pm I've gotten to where I'll recall the shuttle if it gets called WAY too early. On one hand, it's kind of the cult's fault if they get busted early, but on the other, that's absolutely not fun for anyone involved.
Sounds like a skill issue for the cult. They have ways to make sure the shuttle doesn't land for a while, you shouldn't just freely give the Cult the victory, imo.
That's not what I'm doing at all. Cult is a bitch, especially if you get caught early. One of our jobs as admins is to make the round interesting. There's nothing interesting about a cult getting cucked by the shuttle getting called early.

Also, hot take, but I don't give a shit about who ends up winning or losing because this is a role-playing game, not a competitive multiplayer game.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #652366

Also god help us if we rely on everyone in the game knowing how to play Cult, which always has been and probably always will be one of the hardest antag powersets to memorize.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #652393

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:32 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:35 pm
That's not what I'm doing at all. Cult is a bitch, especially if you get caught early. One of our jobs as admins is to make the round interesting. There's nothing interesting about a cult getting cucked by the shuttle getting called early.

Also, hot take, but I don't give a shit about who ends up winning or losing because this is a role-playing game, not a competitive multiplayer game.
I'd also argue there's very little interesting about a Cult in general, as it's one of the most frustrating roundtypes, and one that has so many holes and flaws in its core code that completely undermines any ability to enjoy it.

Despite having the strongest equipment in the game, if the Cultists convert your corpse, you get turned into a soul gem. Despite being ONE OF THE STRONGEST ENTITIES IN THE ENTIRE GAME, they get so handheld that if they fuck up their attempt to convert you, YOU are the one who gets punished by being turned into a simplemob. There goes your RP. There goes your ability to properly interact with the round in any meaningful way other than leftclicking objects and people until they break or die.

So, hot take. I think anything that gets a Cult round over and done with is a good thing, and I don't particularly appreciate you insinuating that I'm someone who thinks it should be a 'competitive multiplayer game'. When the Cult fucks up and gets caught early, they're going to fuck up a lot more afterwards. I don't want to be punished and have most of my ability to interact with the game and roleplay of the round removed because THEY failed to do their job properly.

Edit: This isn't to say that Cult is never interesting. I've had some good Cult rounds. But I've also had a LOT of bad ones, and ones where they get caught early are 9/10 going to be ones that absolutely suck, if the Cult manages to get handheld enough to recover from getting discovered at 4 members.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #652439

I wanted to say that cults not that hard to understand once you do it a few times (at least the basics of stunning and conversion), but maybe I'm in the minority here.

What I will say is cults unfortunately designed around beating out the shuttle. I don't know if you noticed, but there is a curse that extends the shuttle time. The shuttle call is a feature. Do with that knowledge what you will.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #652462

If cult had a "The crew has defeated the cult!" message like revs does then there would probably be slightly less cases where there are no cultists alive and the shuttle is still called.
Weston Echard on Sybil