Some of the April Fool's jobs are actually pretty good

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Some of the April Fool's jobs are actually pretty good

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #675464

Specifically, NT Consultant. I really, really, really hope this job gets separated out and put into its own PR to perma-merge.

I'd like to see Magistrate given a trial run as well.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Re: Some of the April Fool's jobs are actually pretty good

Post by TheRex9001 » #675663

I agree, some neato jobs in there. Might just be honeymoon period speaking though
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #675664

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:40 pm I agree, some neato jobs in there. Might just be honeymoon period speaking though
I agree. I believe a lot of the stuff people say they loved on the April Foollery was because of novelty, especially the JotD from Goon that would be available in every round.

I liked Blueshield. The captain having a bodyguard is pretty neat. NT Consultant is just a captain gear thief speedrun any%, I thought it was boring. HOWEVER, with decent RP, I think a Blueshield, Captain and NT Consultant ganging up in places is actually pretty cool.

One thing to consider, though, is that the April Fool's jobs nerf a lot of antags by A LOT. They are not balance intended. At least I think they're not.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #675668

conrad wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:46 pm I liked Blueshield. The captain having a bodyguard is pretty neat.
But if we add blueshield we won't be able to laugh at the other servers for having unrobust command!
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #675669

I agree, some of the roles are super fun.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #675713

Played Blue shield on Manuel. Didn’t spawn with a baton of some sort (or mainly any weapon at all), so I traded my coat and beret to the HOS for safe passage (I didn’t like hats and the coat anyway).

Proceeded to get a baton from the lockers. Realizing something was missing. Ordered a armor crate for use in the bridge and equipped it, Captain unlocked it for me. The that was that. I didn’t get a gun until the GUN dealer (the fool) showed a variety of guns on display and we talked for a while and I got the Boarder. I fell for the bait and I am ashamed of myself.

I tried to be active of the sort, going around departments such as medbay, science, cargo, and engineering. HOP also because their door was screwed up. Checking up on how the heads were doing and radioing on command to get some interaction going. I did some errands for command, but never seemed to check up on the Centcom Advisor (I didn’t know where they were). I assumed it went downhill as soon as I got the gun.

Blueshield is great if your willing to actually interact with the round, command, and the crew. I’d argue they should at least get a self defense weapon, but I managed to get a baton quite fine so I don’t know. What blue shield SHOULD get is a command tracker; something to make sure that command is suit sensors and to check tabs on them.

I’m concerned what others will treat it like, though. It shouldn’t be treated as security, and it definitely should not be treated like assistant. It needs a purpose. Once you give it a purpose, you give it life.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #675718

Security medic would be pretty cool to have imo, considering sec has their own infirmary
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #678323

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:27 pm Played Blue shield on Manuel. Didn’t spawn with a baton of some sort (or mainly any weapon at all), so I traded my coat and beret to the HOS for safe passage (I didn’t like hats and the coat anyway).

Proceeded to get a baton from the lockers. Realizing something was missing. Ordered a armor crate for use in the bridge and equipped it, Captain unlocked it for me. The that was that. I didn’t get a gun until the GUN dealer (the fool) showed a variety of guns on display and we talked for a while and I got the Boarder. I fell for the bait and I am ashamed of myself.

I tried to be active of the sort, going around departments such as medbay, science, cargo, and engineering. HOP also because their door was screwed up. Checking up on how the heads were doing and radioing on command to get some interaction going. I did some errands for command, but never seemed to check up on the Centcom Advisor (I didn’t know where they were). I assumed it went downhill as soon as I got the gun.

Blueshield is great if your willing to actually interact with the round, command, and the crew. I’d argue they should at least get a self defense weapon, but I managed to get a baton quite fine so I don’t know. What blue shield SHOULD get is a command tracker; something to make sure that command is suit sensors and to check tabs on them.

I’m concerned what others will treat it like, though. It shouldn’t be treated as security, and it definitely should not be treated like assistant. It needs a purpose. Once you give it a purpose, you give it life.
Wait didnt the blueshield start with an RPG
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #678325

I started SS13 on Paradise. After a number of rounds the blueshield is just kind of an oppressive presence for any sort of antag action that would target the captain or his gear since that role is literally there to beat your ass without even the thinnest layer of space law

Per-department security is pretty fuckin good though. I think that sort of codified assignment is very, very useful.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #678356

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:43 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:27 pm Played Blue shield on Manuel. Didn’t spawn with a baton of some sort (or mainly any weapon at all), so I traded my coat and beret to the HOS for safe passage (I didn’t like hats and the coat anyway).

Wait didnt the blueshield start with an RPG
No
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler