What are your favorite star sector mods?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

What are your favorite star sector mods?

Post by The Wrench » #682922

Currently, I’ve got Nexerlin, DIY planets and terraforming and station construction.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Re: What are your favorite star sector mods?

Post by Boris » #682925

Even if prv Starworks is a bit jank and out there at times, it's so filled with interesting and evocative stuff that I can't help but recommend it whenever anyone asks.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682930

I use Stellar Networks, Leading Pip, Combat Chatter and Better Colonies.

I want the game easy, vanilla, yet fun.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #683019

I like factions mods since they make nexerelin feel a lot more alive.
UAF, Scalartech, Tahlan Shipworks' legio is busted strong but I like paving their worlds, Diable is gorgeous but sucks, PAGSM is lober, etc

shoutout by the way, to Secrets of the Frontier, because even though it's NOT a faction mod, it is one that adds a decent chunk of story with cool mechanics along the way. Very very good mod, not on the mod index, go find it by searching the mod forums.
Give Sierra some OMEGA weapons and some silly hullmods and watch as she fucking evaporates fleets, goddamn that girl can cook
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #683059

I like Iron Shell because I’m addicted to XIV battlegroup’s paint scheme.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #683381

The man with "Buy sindrian or else" doesn't list PAGSM. What sort of fucking world is this.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #683395

What's the best luddic path mod? I used that popular one but didn't really notice it
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #683402

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:18 pm The man with "Buy sindrian or else" doesn't list PAGSM. What sort of fucking world is this.
I like Diktat Enhancement, but PAGSM is a bit too memey sometimes for my taste. Plus, I don't like anime waifu. Same reason I'm not the biggest fan of United Aurora Federation. At least Iron Shell and PAGSM actively try to fit the artstyle with their ships (even though they have anime portraits). That one portrait guy must be making bank since he's charging like, 80 dollars PER portrait on their patreon and they have like, five mods all commissioning him for portraits as well.
Rageguy505 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:25 am What's the best luddic path mod? I used that popular one but didn't really notice it
Luddic Enhancement Mod is pretty good. The IEDs are unbalanced as fuck (but funny) and they're in their own separate submod now. One of the last updates to it removed a bunch of the LC variants of ships, though, which is mega lame. I want fleets to match in color gosh darnit. It's why I try to do fleet themed runs with XIV, Lion Guard, or all the same tech group-type fleets.
Link: https://discord.com/channels/1876350365 ... 3664017448
(IIRC it's only available on the starsector discord)

Of Ludd and Lions is also good. It adds civilian militiarized vessels for the LC and pathers, as well as a few reskins for the Diktat.
Link: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/inde ... ic=22063.0

I think those are the only two mods that add stuff to the luddic factions outside of a single ship or two.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #683419

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:59 am
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:18 pm The man with "Buy sindrian or else" doesn't list PAGSM. What sort of fucking world is this.
I like Diktat Enhancement, but PAGSM is a bit too memey sometimes for my taste. Plus, I don't like anime waifu. Same reason I'm not the biggest fan of United Aurora Federation. At least Iron Shell and PAGSM actively try to fit the artstyle with their ships (even though they have anime portraits). That one portrait guy must be making bank since he's charging like, 80 dollars PER portrait on their patreon and they have like, five mods all commissioning him for portraits as well.
Rageguy505 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:25 am What's the best luddic path mod? I used that popular one but didn't really notice it
Luddic Enhancement Mod is pretty good. The IEDs are unbalanced as fuck (but funny) and they're in their own separate submod now. One of the last updates to it removed a bunch of the LC variants of ships, though, which is mega lame. I want fleets to match in color gosh darnit. It's why I try to do fleet themed runs with XIV, Lion Guard, or all the same tech group-type fleets.
Link: https://discord.com/channels/1876350365 ... 3664017448
(IIRC it's only available on the starsector discord)

Of Ludd and Lions is also good. It adds civilian militiarized vessels for the LC and pathers, as well as a few reskins for the Diktat.
Link: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/inde ... ic=22063.0

I think those are the only two mods that add stuff to the luddic factions outside of a single ship or two.
yeah that first one is the one i used, i didnt find the IED ships sneaking onto luddic path bases. Civilian turned combat ships is my favorite thing though, its why i like those luddic path fighters a lot.