The Georgi Markov Experience

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

The Georgi Markov Experience

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #691344

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34303

I do not have a funny comment, sorry.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: The Georgi Markov Experience

Post by EmpressMaia » #691345

dude was being an asshole all shift, dont even think he was an antag
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #691350

Well, you know the issue here is, they are still an intern, less than 100 shifts. "they worked hard for the chemicals," just screams that they were struggling with it all. I get that frustration. Also they made the mistake that "Terry play" is RP, that is not the case for Manuel.
An average yellow rock hater and the main reason you may get your shuttle recalled.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #691351

Certain jobs like chemist, botanist, and especially chef have a decent chance of being staffed by very angry people. I do not know if the job makes these people angry of if it attracts naturally angry people, maybe both.
This seems like one of those instances.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #691352

The only thing i dont like is the admin saying "just remake the stuff they stole" alot of chemical mixes take alot of time / power to make and if someone is going out of their way to waste a significant portion of your time (stealing things that will take over a couple minutes to replace) then that opens them up to escalation. The sec officer wasnt confiscating most of his stuff, he was leaving it in the hallway for anyone to steal.

But this wasnt on sybil or terry where you can just escalate against sec officers for wronging you along with whatever other person who tries to get involved in the conflict against you, instead he would have probably had to go to an admin or captain / hos and if that doesnt work uh.... just soft grief in retaliation i guess.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #691354

warbluke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:16 pm Certain jobs like chemist, botanist, and especially chef have a decent chance of being staffed by very angry people. I do not know if the job makes these people angry of if it attracts naturally angry people, maybe both.
I have a theory that it has to do with the fact that the most common playstyles for those jobs are anti-crew in nature. Botany grows weed, chemistry makes drugs, cook usually either doesn't cook or refuses to make anything that's actually edible. This often results in people breaking in to try and actually do what they want done, so it's understandable that they get angry.

Unpopular opinion, but I feel like we should be handing out job bans for people who are intentionally useless at their jobs.

E: Also,
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:17 pm alot
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #691361

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:40 pm dude was being an asshole all shift, dont even think he was an antag
He wasn't. I think he shot like three people with tri-acid that shift.

i just woke up and need to log dive.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691362

Awesome the new precedent may apply here.
Escalating against shitsec is going to be an ic issue- you are free to escalate against security who are acting shitly. However, "shitseccery" is going to be held at admin discretion- for example, if you attack a security member and they ahelp it will be up to the admins to decide if your assault on them was legit and if they were acting as shitsec.
If it’s determined the det really just intentionally left his bag and gun out in the halls for anyone to loot, then I’d say it would apply. Otherwise it would just be negligence which I don’t think would matter as much. Also depends what was in the syringe and whether it crit or killed.

If syringe didn’t even crit then I think this shouldn’t be a ban regardless.
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #691363

The syringe gun and most of medbays medkits in his bag were returned to medbay, in the treatment room, then the bag returned. So relevant medical supplies brought back to medical while he was incarcerated.

The poison killed the det outright, it was a 5/5/5 mix of all the acids. They had to have their body hauled off by a medical doctor.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #691366

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:34 pm The syringe gun and most of medbays medkits in his bag were returned to medbay, in the treatment room, then the bag returned. So relevant medical supplies brought back to medical while he was incarcerated.

The poison killed the det outright, it was a 5/5/5 mix of all the acids. They had to have their body hauled off by a medical doctor.
Wow, that basic bitch acids mix, easy to remake with plumbing and easy to get rid of with spare Multiver. Again, Intern moment thinking that round was on Terry, which is still not proper either. I wonder if anyone talked to them about not using acid mix to subdue people and instead use Cryogelidia, or Tirimol.
An average yellow rock hater and the main reason you may get your shuttle recalled.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #691367

On one hand I kind of understand why they got mad, if he's telling the truth about taking all their stuff and leaving some in the middle of the hallways, I'd be mad too.
There was a medical patient who was insulting people, I took their modsuit and attempted to disposal flush it.
I see it as ironic that he's bemoaning his syringe gun being taken when he did essentially the same thing to someone else.
I resisted arrest, I never laid hands on the officers initially, I was only running from them.

okay
When I was taken to the brig, the Detective took my entire bag which had chemicals that I was making for 30 minutes, and placed it in the middle of the hallway for anyone to take what they want.
dickhead move on the detective's part. They should only really confiscate what is required to be confiscated, then hand the bag back to the person when their jail sentence is up.
They also took my syringe gun, which is a rare item and are very limited, sometimes only 2 on the entire station, and the research for rapid syringe gun usually doesn't get done in time.
Can anyone confirm whether this guy was waltzing about with a syringe gun full of poison before or after the altercation?
During the bwoink, the admin said I could 'just make the supplies again', but this requires a lot of time for the chemicals I was making, I was rightfully upset when I returned to medbay and my chemicals I worked hard for were stolen, and my syringe gun was in the middle for anyone to take. The admin claims it isnt negligence, but they took my bag and all my belongings, along with a rare item which I am allowed to have. This is the equivalent of stealing, but just giving it out to other people. If someone took something you worked hard for, along with a rare item and laid it out for anyone to take what they wanted, how would you feel? I personally think the note and ban was unfair, the officer made me lose my hard earned chemicals and almost my syringe gun due to their negligence, they refused to say a word to me & I didn't escalate, until they decided not to respond and leave my items for anyone to take.
I get this, security definitely did some dick moves here. I remember one round where a sec officer took my bag, and I had to run around with a massive mood debuff because my heirloom was in it. I'd be ticked off as well. I just don't think shooting someone with a poison syringe is a good escalation, at least not on MRP. I thought retaliating with lethality for minor slights was bad escalation outside of the far more lax escalation that antags have.

I'm also noticing that he didn't really talk about shooting the detective with a poison syringe during his story. Nor shooting another officer (Maia).

I'm kind of torn between "IC issue" and "poor escalation." A day ban seems like overkill, and it's going to be an expired ban by the time the admin resolves it.

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:34 pm The syringe gun and most of medbays medkits in his bag were returned to medbay, in the treatment room, then the bag returned. So relevant medical supplies brought back to medical while he was incarcerated.

Oh well, that kinda makes him look a lot worse then. He murdered one guy and nearly murdered another over his toys that were already returned. Big oof all around.
warbluke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:16 pm Certain jobs like chemist, botanist, and especially chef have a decent chance of being staffed by very angry people. I do not know if the job makes these people angry of if it attracts naturally angry people, maybe both.
Agreed. Some of the angriest and most toxic people I've ever seen on Manuel are either chefs or chemist (botany is usually chill in my experience) I've seen some rounds where chefs will seemingly hide in the fridge or freezer and wait for people to hop the counter to make some food, just to start dunking their head into the fryer.
Vekter wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:47 pm I have a theory that it has to do with the fact that the most common playstyles for those jobs are anti-crew in nature. Botany grows weed, chemistry makes drugs, cook usually either doesn't cook or refuses to make anything that's actually edible. This often results in people breaking in to try and actually do what they want done, so it's understandable that they get angry.

Unpopular opinion, but I feel like we should be handing out job bans for people who are intentionally useless at their jobs.
On one hand, I agree, but on the other hand, if someone is being enough of a shit that they're at risk of being job banned, then they're probably enough of a shit to be flat-out banned. There are fringe cases, of course.

Perhaps admins could have a "You're either copping a ban or you're being job banned for 'x' amount of time, pick your poison" if someone's being enough of a shit as a certain job.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #691393

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:50 pm Can anyone confirm whether this guy was waltzing about with a syringe gun full of poison before or after the altercation?
Not pre-loaded up until he went looking for the detective. But he had beakers with the mix prepared so he could syringe it out and load his gun at any time.

Also, logs posted, you can go look at the breakdown now.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #691394

Vekter wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:47 pm
I have a theory that it has to do with the fact that the most common playstyles for those jobs are anti-crew in nature. Botany grows weed, chemistry makes drugs, cook usually either doesn't cook or refuses to make anything that's actually edible. This often results in people breaking in to try and actually do what they want done, so it's understandable that they get angry.

E: Also,
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:17 pm alot
take the paradise statiion pill and enforce SOP
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #691395

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:50 pm On one hand I kind of understand why they got mad, if he's telling the truth about taking all their stuff and leaving some in the middle of the hallways, I'd be mad too.
There was a medical patient who was insulting people, I took their modsuit and attempted to disposal flush it.
I see it as ironic that he's bemoaning his syringe gun being taken when he did essentially the same thing to someone else.
I resisted arrest, I never laid hands on the officers initially, I was only running from them.

okay
When I was taken to the brig, the Detective took my entire bag which had chemicals that I was making for 30 minutes, and placed it in the middle of the hallway for anyone to take what they want.
dickhead move on the detective's part. They should only really confiscate what is required to be confiscated, then hand the bag back to the person when their jail sentence is up.
They also took my syringe gun, which is a rare item and are very limited, sometimes only 2 on the entire station, and the research for rapid syringe gun usually doesn't get done in time.
Can anyone confirm whether this guy was waltzing about with a syringe gun full of poison before or after the altercation?
During the bwoink, the admin said I could 'just make the supplies again', but this requires a lot of time for the chemicals I was making, I was rightfully upset when I returned to medbay and my chemicals I worked hard for were stolen, and my syringe gun was in the middle for anyone to take. The admin claims it isnt negligence, but they took my bag and all my belongings, along with a rare item which I am allowed to have. This is the equivalent of stealing, but just giving it out to other people. If someone took something you worked hard for, along with a rare item and laid it out for anyone to take what they wanted, how would you feel? I personally think the note and ban was unfair, the officer made me lose my hard earned chemicals and almost my syringe gun due to their negligence, they refused to say a word to me & I didn't escalate, until they decided not to respond and leave my items for anyone to take.
I get this, security definitely did some dick moves here. I remember one round where a sec officer took my bag, and I had to run around with a massive mood debuff because my heirloom was in it. I'd be ticked off as well. I just don't think shooting someone with a poison syringe is a good escalation, at least not on MRP. I thought retaliating with lethality for minor slights was bad escalation outside of the far more lax escalation that antags have.

I'm also noticing that he didn't really talk about shooting the detective with a poison syringe during his story. Nor shooting another officer (Maia).

I'm kind of torn between "IC issue" and "poor escalation." A day ban seems like overkill, and it's going to be an expired ban by the time the admin resolves it.

Oh well, that kinda makes him look a lot worse then. He murdered one guy and nearly murdered another over his toys that were already returned. Big oof all around.
Agreed. Some of the angriest and most toxic people I've ever seen on Manuel are either chefs or chemist (botany is usually chill in my experience) I've seen some rounds where chefs will seemingly hide in the fridge or freezer and wait for people to hop the counter to make some food, just to start dunking their head into the fryer.
Vekter wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:47 pm I have a theory that it has to do with the fact that the most common playstyles for those jobs are anti-crew in nature. Botany grows weed, chemistry makes drugs, cook usually either doesn't cook or refuses to make anything that's actually edible. This often results in people breaking in to try and actually do what they want done, so it's understandable that they get angry.

On one hand, I agree, but on the other hand, if someone is being enough of a shit that they're at risk of being job banned, then they're probably enough of a shit to be flat-out banned. There are fringe cases, of course.

Perhaps admins could have a "You're either copping a ban or you're being job banned for 'x' amount of time, pick your poison" if someone's being enough of a shit as a certain job.
i was an officer in the round and can confirm he was just running around with a suyringe gun alot
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #691400

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:56 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:50 pm Can anyone confirm whether this guy was waltzing about with a syringe gun full of poison before or after the altercation?
Not pre-loaded up until he went looking for the detective. But he had beakers with the mix prepared so he could syringe it out and load his gun at any time.

Also, logs posted, you can go look at the breakdown now.
I was kinda on the fence with this ban before seeing the logs, but yeah, your post with the logs is pretty damning evidence.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #691404

was this a serrver ban or OOC ban?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #691406

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:15 pm take the paradise statiion pill and enforce SOP
Too HRP; I like the idea that people can run dumbass gimmicks sometimes as long as it's only a sometimes food.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #691410

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:42 pm was this a serrver ban or OOC ban?
Server ban, I don't...know why he put OOC?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691417

it is racist to ask why players with slavic names are like this
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #691421

God damn that dude's a fucking moron. I'm surprised it was just a day ban for killing sec officers for confiscating chems he literally used Infront of them to resist arrest.

If you are a chemist you get your chems taken if you use them to break laws.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #691422

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:37 am it is racist to ask why players with slavic names are like this
I'm sure you can pick apart players with actual Slavic names over the ones with some meme Russian name they chose because they watched a video on STALKER once.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #691438

There were clearly more words said in the ban appeal than said in the round
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #691443

Archie700 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:41 am There were clearly more words said in the ban appeal than said in the round
They refused to speak to me when attempting to confront them in the pharmacy. Then just said "no" when I asked for a bag search
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #691589

Why did he have almost all of medbay's medkits on him
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #691604

Fren256 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:14 pm

Why did he have almost all of medbay's medkits on him
He was a medical doctor. Sometimes you do get people doing that for legit reasons, like they're the only doc around or they're a paramed, who makes pretty good use of all those emergency supplies. But personally, as in how I do it, I cherry pick the meds I will need and put them into boxes so that others can get at the supplies as well, and not actually take the whole medkit since it is really space inefficient. Or I'll make more meds for myself.