Timberpoes's id card changes and Tralazeb making bulky guns are bad for paranoia for the game.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Timberpoes's id card changes and Tralazeb making bulky guns are bad for paranoia for the game.

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #691630

Bottom post of the previous page:

These 2 changes singlehandedly severely hampered the overall fear and paranoia of space station 13.
Timberpoes's id card changes made it so that getting extra access to dangerous areas was incredibly obvious, this made it so you can see dangerous assistants from a mile away, no getting the jump on someone, no fear that your coworker has stolen access to the armory anything who is dangerous cant conceal sensitive area access, you can easily run away from most threats without them suprise attacking you.

A similar story can be said with guns being made bulky, EVERYONE sees you are carrying lethal weaponry and can react accordingly, people can no longer conceal firearms without being traitors, regulating concealed carry to only traitor weaponry is just bad for the game's paranoia and setting as a whole. You always see a suspicious assistant having stolen armory guns because they are bulky, where before you had to be cautious as anyone could have all access and a gun hidden in their bag
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: Timberpoes's id card changes and Tralazeb making bulky guns are bad for paranoia for the game.

Post by dirk_mcblade » #691734

It's also retarded ICly for a command staff to be able to just hand out AA to anyone. Even the silver cards would probably be nixed by any real world organization with any sort of internal control structure since you could effectively give yourself AA by just having multiple cards. Still better than the ability to give yourself a skeleton key.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: Timberpoes's id card changes and Tralazeb making bulky guns are bad for paranoia for the game.

Post by dirk_mcblade » #691735

Also card access should be able to be revoked or modified remotely.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #691736

the current id system is so comedically strict while also making it annoying to conceal decent access IDs
my biggest issue still lies within the captains spare safe, which is still immune to anything except c4 and like, 1000u of acid. why the fuck is it like this? why is there no way to break into the safe besides these 2 options?
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #691743

the safe is straight up ancient code, same with the secure briefcase, shit must be up there with slot machines and wrapping paper
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691747

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:09 am
Fren256 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:08 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:05 pm your first mistake was assuming that the maintainers care anything about PRs being positive for the game's health
*cough *cough Lethal lasers buff *cough
the laser buff was really good for the game they melt people its insane, all armory needs is those cowboy pistols back and sec is elite
you can always order the pistols from cargo
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #691750

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:38 am
TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:09 am
Fren256 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:08 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:05 pm your first mistake was assuming that the maintainers care anything about PRs being positive for the game's health
*cough *cough Lethal lasers buff *cough
the laser buff was really good for the game they melt people its insane, all armory needs is those cowboy pistols back and sec is elite
you can always order the pistols from cargo
it wouldnt be a good cargo if you couldnt but it should be in armory too
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #691777

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:35 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:30 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:42 pm i watched a guy on meth airlock into the brig and shoot down 2 members of sec alongside myself with a 357 inside of about 7 seconds
anti stun chems are pretty ridiculous, i've found it effectively impossible to take down people hyped up on meth or ephedrine unless i laser them down. and even then im more likely to get shoved and have the lasergun taken.
pre or post laser buffs?
ehh was a month ago so maybe pre?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #691778

saprasam wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:56 am the current id system is so comedically strict while also making it annoying to conceal decent access IDs
my biggest issue still lies within the captains spare safe, which is still immune to anything except c4 and like, 1000u of acid. why the fuck is it like this? why is there no way to break into the safe besides these 2 options?
it's a metagame issue the spare literally only exists for when teh captain isn't around, but we'd rather not just spawn it mechanically.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #691781

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:22 pm
saprasam wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:56 am the current id system is so comedically strict while also making it annoying to conceal decent access IDs
it's a metagame issue the spare literally only exists for when teh captain isn't around, but we'd rather not just spawn it mechanically.
So why does the captain get the code to the spare's safe? There's a captain around in that case, who usually goes and gives out the spare that's only meant for when he's not around.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691783

ekaterina wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:32 pm
So why does the captain get the code to the spare's safe? There's a captain around in that case, who usually goes and gives out the spare that's only meant for when he's not around.
because its the captain?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #691784

Acting captain roundstarts with the code for the spare's safe. So when there's no captain, the acting captain will spawn with the code.

If the captain is otherwise not around as in they went SSD, it's expected the next in command, or at least someone else, has the spare to do captainy things.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #691796

i think if you think about this for 30 seconds you will understand why
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #691805

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:22 pm
i think if you think about this for 30 seconds you will understand why
Make reasonable requests, man.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #691832

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:22 pm >snip
I agree with everything this man said because it's exactly what I wanted to hear.