Why do people hate being an antagonist on mrp?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #695424

Bottom post of the previous page:

With IMMENSE discussion regarding friendtagging in the policy discussion section, i must ask yall.

I treat my antagonist status as a license to fuck with the crew and do many things that would normally not be allowed, such as making my own custom AI law set that kills people based on a vote, Build turrets with hellfire lasers and emag them, Poison people and watch as they scream and cry that they're going to die of amanitin, and all around get people to escalate in armament, whether it be researching weapon tech, getting guns at cargo, or carrying a stunbaton. Or the overdone joke of emagging a recycler.

You, as an antagonist are empowered to make living on a space station more dangerous, why are people throwing it away?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: Why do people hate being an antagonist on mrp?

Post by dendydoom » #695706

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:19 am MRP has good mechanical players just like LRP does, and LRP has good roleplayers just like MRP does, it’s more about individuals than servers really. It’s literally just a handful of people on every server who make up the extrema, and everyone understands that. It’s just more fun for people to be like YOU WOULDNT LAST 3 FUCKING HOURS IN MY WORLD, PAL, I LIVE IN THE FUCKING HOOD MY ALARM CLOCK IS GUNFIRE ROLEPLAY WITH MY .44 HUGBOXER.
lmao, honestly, 100% agree. what a beautiful culture we have, ey?
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #695711

I main Terry/Sybil and occasionally get on Manuel. I hate being an antag on Manuel because if I roll something that doesn't have a license to kill everyone, if I happen to kill someone unrelated to my objective, the players will not hesitate to ahelp you to tie you up in admin PMs even if they know you had a good reason to kill them. A good example of this is once having a moth happen to teleport into the janitor's closet as I'm drawing a heretic rune in front of them. They had time to see this while alive, had time to see this while dead, and had all the necessary information to make a deduction of "okay I was at the wrong place at the wrong time" but will ahelp anyway because they know they can waste your time out of spite. Can I take the time to reply every time I get a bwoink? Sure. Doesn't keep the sour taste from my mouth. I've tried having the ahelp flipped back on people like that by pointing out that admins shouldn't be encouraging that behaviour but the MRP admin mentality seems to be to think of players in a "it's only natural that the players can't pour water out of a boot even with the instructions on the heel" way.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695714

TypicalRig wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:41 pm I main Terry/Sybil and occasionally get on Manuel. I hate being an antag on Manuel because if I roll something that doesn't have a license to kill everyone, if I happen to kill someone unrelated to my objective, the players will not hesitate to ahelp you to tie you up in admin PMs even if they know you had a good reason to kill them. A good example of this is once having a moth happen to teleport into the janitor's closet as I'm drawing a heretic rune in front of them. They had time to see this while alive, had time to see this while dead, and had all the necessary information to make a deduction of "okay I was at the wrong place at the wrong time" but will ahelp anyway because they know they can waste your time out of spite. Can I take the time to reply every time I get a bwoink? Sure. Doesn't keep the sour taste from my mouth. I've tried having the ahelp flipped back on people like that by pointing out that admins shouldn't be encouraging that behaviour but the MRP admin mentality seems to be to think of players in a "it's only natural that the players can't pour water out of a boot even with the instructions on the heel" way.
fwiw 99% of the time my ahelps with antags around this is nothing more than "know you're busy, did you have an IC reason for this?" "they saw me do bad thing" "aight cool peace" then i smash the resolved button. it's a pain in the ass, but it's way easier to just ask someone straight up and take 10 seconds of their time rather than scour the logs and try to second guess what you were thinking. it's very rare that you're in trouble straight away. i'm just checking in and giving you a big thumbs up for your evil antics.

from an admin pov too, lots of people don't ahelp this kinda stuff, and even when they do, it's more of a "i think this is fine but i wanted to ask about it for next time?" sort of deal. most of the other people get a pat on the head and a rule 10.

i agree with the sentiment, however. lrp is by its very nature fast and loose with the rules, and it leads to a more energetic and freeform environment. lots of people enjoy that. i totally respect it.
NSFW:
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #695738

I just stab people who I have reasons to stab, and people who get in the way of me stabbing people I have reasons to stab. People get very mad at me for this sometimes. It's pretty enjoyable.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #695739

MRP is a metafriend chat room, and I’m tired of pretending it’s anything else
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #695741

Eventually one of the uninformed people guessing what they think MRP is like will get it right, and earn a gold star.
The answer to OP's question is that security is more robust on MRP so antags never stand a chance. And we also have the most robust antags.
No one with more hours on MRP than me will disagree so I win the argument GG guys.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695762

Tbh I don't know if reider Meza tops piper Faust or Jeff Gaiman at HoS

Sec might actually just be generally better. But I guess it's also easier combat wise
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695794

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:15 pm Tbh I don't know if reider Meza tops piper Faust or Jeff Gaiman at HoS

Sec might actually just be generally better. But I guess it's also easier combat wise
Piper mostly plays as a CMO I thought? (Though you sometimes see them as a normal doctor or even a cargo techie one time.)
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #695797

Tagging on manuel is weird. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like there is a resentment towards opposition. People are harsher IC and OOC on those who don't immediately die, but I don't see enough sec being lenient on those who aren't necessarily proven to have done any major crimes.

I think there is a real cycle of escalation between crew and tags that pushes people either out of playing antagonists to avoid people giving them shit about it or being ever harsher on people for even minor missteps. One really notable experience I had was like, maybe two or three people repeatedly giving me shit about an antagonist round I had for days straight because I killed someone I misunderstood the intent of when they were following me while I was in an infiltrator suit. They were following my (named) GPS, they knew who I was (and I forgot to rename it). The person I killed was sad but understood in the end it wasn't a random murder, I just saw their PKC and thought the worst, but it was like two randos observing me that kept bringing it up a few days after.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #695800

NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:15 am -snip-
To elaborate, the person was me. I followed Sheness's GPS because as fellow miner, I wanted to advise her to go to the shuttle as the station was already in disrepair and some bad guy was wandering around.

I didn't know at that time the bad guy was her.

The combination of toxic damage from the crossbow bolts and brute from being beaten up was JUST enough to send me into hardcrit when she attempted to interrogate me, and it ended with me left in the snow as a result of my death from lack of air.

Was I unhappy with what happened? Yes.
Did I share my displeasure with her over it in the Manuel discord? Yes.
Did I ended up accepting her explanation? Yes.

I'm not happy with the others harassing Necro over it for days. I only JUST found this out from her and I'm very sure they're just taking an opportunity to shit on someone who only got me round removed by a combination of coincidence, bad luck and paranoia.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695803

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:15 pm Tbh I don't know if reider Meza tops piper Faust or Jeff Gaiman at HoS

I would say so
Sec becomes robust faster on lrp since there is a lot more fighting for a lot less reason. This also leads to greytide needing to become better to shit on sec still. Iron sharpens Iron
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695891

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:30 am

Piper mostly plays as a CMO I thought? (Though you sometimes see them as a normal doctor or even a cargo techie one time.)
That's because you are fairly new
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #696435

In all seriousness though we are trending in the right direction. For a period of about 8 months, about 2 years ago, there was virtually no antaggery. Now we have conflict again, but just in a reduced form.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #696442

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:59 pm In all seriousness though we are trending in the right direction. For a period of about 8 months, about 2 years ago, there was virtually no antaggery. Now we have conflict again, but just in a reduced form.
there was an era on manuel around that time where all the sec metagangs disappeared and nobody wanted to play it. we would go a literal week of highpop rounds with 1 secoff and maybe a detective. it was so ass.
NSFW:
Diasyl
Byond Username: Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #696886

Jackraxxus wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:39 pm Eventually one of the uninformed people guessing what they think MRP is like will get it right, and earn a gold star.
The answer to OP's question is that security is more robust on MRP so antags never stand a chance. And we also have the most robust antags.
No one with more hours on MRP than me will disagree so I win the argument GG guys.
I have no idea if MRP is "unrobust" or "too robust", as both opinions exist on the same level.
But I personally think that MRP players are unrobust, they're less vigilant and careful as I have noticed in my Traitor rounds.
But Security is like any other TG server - evil and bad.
Captain can only be in two places - Bridge and the Morgue :capid: :revolver:
Diasyl
Byond Username: Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #696887

dendydoom wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:29 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:59 pm In all seriousness though we are trending in the right direction. For a period of about 8 months, about 2 years ago, there was virtually no antaggery. Now we have conflict again, but just in a reduced form.
there was an era on manuel around that time where all the sec metagangs disappeared and nobody wanted to play it. we would go a literal week of highpop rounds with 1 secoff and maybe a detective. it was so ass.
So, you want to state that all departments on Manuel are only staffed with metagangs? Truly a society.
Captain can only be in two places - Bridge and the Morgue :capid: :revolver:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #696910

Diasyl wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:01 am
dendydoom wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:29 pm
So, you want to state that all departments on Manuel are only staffed with metagangs? Truly a society.
sec lives and dies by the metagang on every server. the thin red line.
NSFW: