Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Post by Googles_Hands » #710716

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/79638

I dislike the Eris artstyle.
I do not want more microplastics in my sprites.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Post by iwishforducks » #711101

i dislike that the conversation has degenerated to comparing someone that tries their damn hardest to be nice to someone who spends their time getting a rise out of people getting angry

viro is consistently and purposefully condescending 24/7. i dont think i particularly give any fucking shits about trying to weigh the scales against someone that was just trying to be nice
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #711102

conrad wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:46 am
Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:34 am Idk how but my brain does not see that sentence posted here as condescending at all to me.

Not sure what about it makes it condescending other than maybe if you dont agree with some of the points there? Implications that they dont make great sprites? ehh. Depends on who you are I guess. I have been taught by people in the art world that would make comments that sound mega condescending and it can still be very good advice. If they speak like that when criticising your work, then thats how they are. If you don't like that, then give them pointers on how to improve back, or just ignore them. Don't fight them for it. Fighting them over it is just going to get more of what you don't like. People do not change how they talk easily.

Some people really cannot take criticism. Which is a shame, really..

But even then, what could Moth have done to sound nicer? Just.. not post? Yeah, I dont know. criticism is criticism.
That was a cool response, and I see that you're passionate about the player's club. I think if you study some rethoric and learn proper formal logic you'd be able to produce much better, readable arguments for both yourself and the player's club.

Is it clearer now?
Moth's critique could also be perceived as to what specifically to learn to help with the related issues Viro had with their sprites.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #711103

conrad wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:46 am
Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:34 am Idk how but my brain does not see that sentence posted here as condescending at all to me.

Not sure what about it makes it condescending other than maybe if you dont agree with some of the points there? Implications that they dont make great sprites? ehh. Depends on who you are I guess. I have been taught by people in the art world that would make comments that sound mega condescending and it can still be very good advice. If they speak like that when criticising your work, then thats how they are. If you don't like that, then give them pointers on how to improve back, or just ignore them. Don't fight them for it. Fighting them over it is just going to get more of what you don't like. People do not change how they talk easily.

Some people really cannot take criticism. Which is a shame, really..

But even then, what could Moth have done to sound nicer? Just.. not post? Yeah, I dont know. criticism is criticism.
That was a cool response, and I see that you're passionate about the player's club. I think if you study some rethoric and learn proper formal logic you'd be able to produce much better, readable arguments for both yourself and the player's club.

Is it clearer now?
It is!
Basically if you believe your work is already readable and has good logic, you think its false. It ends up sounding condescending.

However...
Say it was after a post detailing how to make formal logic, explaining how to make your posts more readable with things that explain how your writing could be made better... Suddenly that makes the last sentence now true. It changes from a condescending sentence to a nice one.

Its all in perspective.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #711105

Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 am Its all in perspective.
P much yeah
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #711108

It's nice to see problems handle themselves.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #711110

Maybe TG players are so used to everyone being toxic douchebags that someone coming along and being genuinely positive is too much for them to handle. Call it a hot take or whatever but I see nothing wrong with Moth's post, being condescending was clearly not the intention and anyone fuelling that fire needs their head checked.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711112

Is this now a ban appeal nut too? Have we gone full circle?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711116

DaydreamIQ wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:10 am Maybe TG players are so used to everyone being toxic douchebags that someone coming along and being genuinely positive is too much for them to handle. Call it a hot take or whatever but I see nothing wrong with Moth's post, being condescending was clearly not the intention and anyone fuelling that fire needs their head checked.
This is probably the part I find the most amusing. People have been super toxic to viro to the point of absurdity (which seems like an eye for an eye thing if you ask me), which viro seems to take pleasure in, but someone trying to be overly polite to the point of coming across as condescending makes them blow up. I can almost guarantee the thing that threw them over the line to exploding was the final line where Moff (intentionally or not) implied that they should practice color theory.

anyone up to date on their Viro lore knows that they went to art school (or something) and have been spriting FOR YEAAAAAARS, which they bring up every time someone who hasn't sprited more sprites, been spriting longer than them, been there longer than them, and isn't a spritetainer criticizes their sprites.

To Viro's credit, they have a consistent color scheme, their color scheme is just (mostly) ugly.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #711127

My theory is that Viro blew up not because of "condensation" (or however he misspelled it), but because someone DARED to use his favorite excuse to ignore criticism AS CRITICISM against him-

Color Theory.
DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #711132

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:39 am This is probably the part I find the most amusing. People have been super toxic to viro to the point of absurdity (which seems like an eye for an eye thing if you ask me), which viro seems to take pleasure in, but someone trying to be overly polite to the point of coming across as condescending makes them blow up. I can almost guarantee the thing that threw them over the line to exploding was the final line where Moff (intentionally or not) implied that they should practice color theory.

anyone up to date on their Viro lore knows that they went to art school (or something) and have been spriting FOR YEAAAAAARS, which they bring up every time someone who hasn't sprited more sprites, been spriting longer than them, been there longer than them, and isn't a spritetainer criticizes their sprites.

To Viro's credit, they have a consistent color scheme, their color scheme is just (mostly) ugly.
Stolen meme I know but its somewhat appropriate
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711134

DaydreamIQ wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:28 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:39 am This is probably the part I find the most amusing. People have been super toxic to viro to the point of absurdity (which seems like an eye for an eye thing if you ask me), which viro seems to take pleasure in, but someone trying to be overly polite to the point of coming across as condescending makes them blow up. I can almost guarantee the thing that threw them over the line to exploding was the final line where Moff (intentionally or not) implied that they should practice color theory.

Stolen meme I know but its somewhat appropriate
Spoiler:
Oh hey, I made that. You can tell because it's fucking massive and I constantly forget to downside the template.
Spoiler:
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #711135

Wouldn't have it any other way
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #711136

It's joever
yeah, ok. gonna come back to this, I'd post this in /tg/discord but I am banned, and most likely will be banned here sooner then later: I am not gonna make a spiel about this, because it's boring, but a friend talked to me recently and has regarded me as being a massive fucking asshole, so. gonna work on some stuff.

player's club, since I know you are watching this: yes, I am an asshole, you can post your ripbozo memes now. to @MoffNyan: I apologise for how I spoke to you, and I apologise for misinterpreting what you said. I am sure this comment will be trolled and made fun of in the forums, but it is sincere.

so, i'mma take a break for like, two months, and i'mma come back later. shit's been goin' on, and I should prob' reassess how I act.

anyway >inb4 post hidden due to being marked as off-topic
Good to see them taking responsibility and understanding what they did wrong.

I still feel like our community needs to calm the fuck down about sprites in general - Viro dug their own grave, but a lot of that dirt was already moved by the heaps of harassment they got about the crate sprites.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #711137

Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:47 am Good to see them taking responsibility and understanding what they did wrong.
Vekter they did the same tearful "youtuber who got cancelled" apology song and dance last time, and they absolutely didn't learn from it or grow as a person.
It's crocodile tears in bulk.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #711139

I agree with goof an I won't be at all surprised when that two months becomes forever when viro realizes there are much more fulfilling avenues with which to leverage a competence at spiriting than to contribute to a project infested with end users who hate project contributions.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #711141

Self awareness is a good first step, keep going.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711143

mc-oofert's comment at the bottom was just poor form.
mc-oofert wrote:good riddance
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #711145

This was requested, so:
(i don't actually mean any of this i'm only posting it because he literally asked for it)
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #711148

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:50 am i dislike that the conversation has degenerated to comparing someone that tries their damn hardest to be nice to someone who spends their time getting a rise out of people getting angry

viro is consistently and purposefully condescending 24/7. i dont think i particularly give any fucking shits about trying to weigh the scales against someone that was just trying to be nice
Yeah, like. Bless Vekter's heart for believing that Viro's just Going Through A Rough Patch (in his comment in the github) but no, this is just kinda who Viro is. They're not someone who struggles with anger issues but does their best. They're just a cunt. They're like this even when something hasn't been done to them to make them angry. They will just be a contrarian cunt to someone who happens to be talking in the same place as them.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711152

MrStonedOne wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:46 am I can't see what world:
Sorry this was a long read, but I honestly do feel like you have the ability to make great sprites! If you continue to study colour theory and the design principals of picking out "focal points" you should be able to improve and make sprites that can make both yourself and others happy!
Isn't insanely elitist and condescending.

Stop acting like its wholesome.
Yeah it's condescending, but he set himself up for it, which makes the entire thing pure Schadenfreude because Viro started the PR with pure flamebait and was being an ass to everyone (You might have missed this because of the edits). Trying to flamebait and being the one to completely blow up because of one sentence on a post with legit feedback will never not be funny, especially because the condescending part was apparently unintentional. Dude went as far as making a doxing threat.
Last edited by CPTANT on Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711153

Capsandi wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:16 am I agree with goof an I won't be at all surprised when that two months becomes forever when viro realizes there are much more fulfilling avenues with which to leverage a competence at spiriting than to contribute to a project infested with end users who hate project contributions.
Ok then he can be toxic there.

What are you suggesting? That we let people be as toxic as they want as long as they make some contributions?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #711154

Capsandi wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:16 am I agree with goof an I won't be at all surprised when that two months becomes forever when viro realizes there are much more fulfilling avenues with which to leverage a competence at spiriting than to contribute to a project infested with end users who hate project contributions.
Unironically if he finds somewhere which actually appreciates his work more than we do and then people stop fighting him over it this is a good end for all parties involved.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #711169

I really hope that MTandi's crate PR goes through, I cannot overstate how much nicer I think they look than the current ones
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711176

Bepis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:39 pm I really hope that MTandi's crate PR goes through, I cannot overstate how much nicer I think they look than the current ones
And the best part is in Discord I also see some of his previews for lockers and they look great!
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711200

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:53 am Iunno why anyone here in the thread is convinced viro has special privileges like he isn't at the end of an extremely short rope with the team as is. He literally got told, in this PR, he is going to get his pr's closed if his attitude doesn't improve and he doesn't stop trying to invite aggression towards himself. He is actively making things worse for everyone by behaving like that.
Allow me to give you a recent example of the apparent bias in favor of Viro. To the best of my knowledge, Viro has not gotten so much as a single-day ban on Github, even after all they shit they pulled. But someone said "Good riddance" after Viro closed the PR and got permabanned from Github. Now, I'm not saying that the "good riddance" comment isn't banworthy, but I just can't see a world in which that is banworthy and yet nothing Viro did is worth a Github ban of any length. Does that make a little more sense?
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #711202

And so this part of the Locker Saga comes to a close.

Our villain has been vanquished and our lockers saved.
But who know's what the future holds, will our villain crawl back from the abyss and gut our lockers and lands like he did our crates, cargonia and medkits?
Or will the heroes keep the darkness at bay, with crates and sprites anew?

No one knows, but tune in next time for the continuation:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=35287