FNR Animal Killing/Gibbing

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

FNR Animal Killing/Gibbing

Post by MMMiracles » #129537

Bottom post of the previous page:

I just experienced a round that really rustled my jimmies.

I did science work, I went around upgrading the machines, including the chef's gibber. HoP was currently cooking food for Ian, who was currently controlled by a player.

Afterwards, Ian dies from the heat of a plasma fire in the kitchen, so I take it upon myself to get him revived via laz injector, even if that means mining the ores for the points myself. While talking to the QM about any active miners, some assistant lizard comes up, stares for a moment, then proceeds to grab Ian and make a beeline for arrivals. I follow them, they get to the locker room and manage to shove Ian into the washing machine before I take my screwdriver to their eye-sockets. Repetitively. I manage to drag Ian out of the machine and give the assistant a couple more kicks before leaving them in the locker bathroom, the shuttle is called at this point as a rogue AI spreads plasma everywhere.

About 5-10 minutes after dying in EVA trying to get Ian to mining, I get bwoinked by an admin because the grayshirt apparently ahelped. I spend the next 10ish minutes explaining why this rule is retarded in this situation and that the cunt shouldn't expect to do something like that and not expect any repercussions. Now I'm here.

I get this rule is in effect for examples like the few people who play solely to stroke their validboner and drop everything at the sight of potential valids. The issue here is that this rule literally only exists because of a playerbase problem, not a game problem. The admins I even talked to agreed that I should of been in the right for this situation, but policy is policy. It literally exists to protect the baiting shitters and prevent the valid-seekers from having another excuse to robust something, which is honestly awful because these types of people shouldn't even be allowed to play here in the first place. The fact the assistant in question has the audacity to whine to an admin and in deadchat about the situation just makes it even worse.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: FNR Animal Killing/Gibbing

Post by oranges » #129831

tbh if you try to drag something away from me I'm gonna beat the shit out of you
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #129833

Grabbing a dog and shoving it into the washing machine or out an airlock means you should get your face kicked in and tossed in their place. It's a dick move, and serves only to be a dick or instigate something. Hiding the body in the bathroom is eh, but imo he's lucky he wasn't shot out disposals just to make sure you aren't fucked with by the psycho lizard a second time. Present policy is awful regarding pets.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #129852

TheNightingale wrote: Isn't it the job of antags to cause drama and chaos, not bored assistants with fire extinguishers?
The focus on "antags vs. everyone else" has really screwed up the culture on this server (among other things, it's the reason security usually doesn't respond to stuff like this). What antags have is a special license to cause drama in ways that kill people, and that's because we need to limit the amount of that kind of drama to keep the station from getting gangbanged to death in the first two minutes of every round, so that more interesting stuff can develop. It does not mean "nothing unpleasant can ever happen unless an antag does it."
I mean, that's what they're there for, after all - to antagonise. Killing someone's pet is pretty antagonistic, no? "People who flood plasma" aren't weeds either, because there are perfectly legitimate reasons (like... being a traitor AI). It's not too hard to leave antagonising to the antagonists, though. If you kill Ian because you get a kick out of stabbing 2D corgis, you might want to rethink your life.
I'd say 2D spess corgis are safe targets, and you should rethink your life if you get a kick out of stabbing REAL corgis. I also think most people are killing Ian in order to create drama, not because they just enjoy watching his sprite bleed.
Remove the AI.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129865

You can have fun and drama without negatively impacting others. Building a supermatter in the AI upload is fun (or !!FUN!! when it explodes). Rebuilding the white ship with a team is fun. Even making a rage cage and wrestling people can be fun - but I'm not sure killing someone's pet to get a reaction is the right way to enjoy yourself. Namely because it comes at a detriment to others, and messing up other peoples' rounds (even slightly) isn't your job.

See it like this - you'd make a rage cage and wrestle people for their stuff, right? That's fine. But you wouldn't box random people in the halls and steal their things, because that's being an asshole. You could ask the HoP if you can "duel" Ian (we know who's going to win), sure... but waltzing in, taking the dog and killing him is too far.

If you really need your "I want to fight a corgi AND I WANT TO FIGHT ONE NOW!", order a crate from Cargo and have Lisa breed with Ian. Now you have more corgis than you know what to do with, and killing one is just pest control. Nobody would really hate you if Ian got hit in a laser fight, because that's an accident. It's not about the pet so much as about the motive behind it.

People kill pets because they're bored, and they want to start trouble with the owner and/or the station as a whole. And I think we need to destroy this mentality - that it's okay to go out of your way and negatively impact others' rounds without adequate provocation. It's not. You wouldn't smash a department's windows; you wouldn't slip someone and steal their ID; you wouldn't disarm an officer and take their weapon. And you wouldn't do these because doing them makes you an asshole (and you'd hopefully be Rule 1'd out of here). Having your stunprod "stolen" by Security doesn't give you justification to boltshock their doors; having your request refused by Cargo doesn't let you decon their autolathe; and so on..

So why should you be able to kill someone's pet? You shouldn't, not without proper provocation. Being refused an access upgrade isn't proper provocation to kill Ian. Being thrown out of Engineering for stealing gloves doesn't let you kill Poly. And having your stolen energy gun confiscated doesn't give you carte blanche to (try and) kill Araneus.

If the HoP lasers you for asking for access and steals your ID, sure, you can kill Ian*. But otherwise, find better ways to have fun - ones that don't rely on provoking conflict with people.

*For bonus points, hold Ian hostage for your ID.

-breathes-
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #129891

If you're being shit expect to get fucked.

If you want to be shit you can be if you're fine with getting fucked.

If you're being shit and get fucked you don't get to hide behind adminbus.

It's that simple.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #130107

TheNightingale wrote:You can have fun and drama without negatively impacting others. Building a supermatter in the AI upload is fun (or !!FUN!! when it explodes). -
I didnt even bother reading further beacause you fucked up one line in.

Building a supermatter in the AI upload is a dick move. it WILL explode. It WILL take out a huge section of the station when it blows. It WILL make the game basically unplayable for the whole crew, even those uninvolved in any way for about a minute afterwards due to being beaten up by hallucinations. It's basically "Maxcap megabombing: Nonantag Edition", since it's somehow A-Okay by de abmins

But no, trying to start a fight by killing a pet? BADWRONGFUN

TheNightingale wrote:
rockpecker wrote: If you kill Ian because you get a kick out of stabbing 2D corgis, you might want to rethink your life.
If you get incensed enough to murder other players because the little floaty pink hearts when you pet him were the only affection you'll ever recieve, you might want to rethink yours.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #130129

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:If you get incensed enough to murder other players because the little floaty pink hearts when you pet him were the only affection you'll ever recieve, you might want to rethink yours.
Ian was controlled by a player in this story, though. That means that he was a player, too, and did much more than just make floaty pink hearts.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #130156

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:If you get incensed enough to murder other players because the little floaty pink hearts when you pet him were the only affection you'll ever recieve, you might want to rethink yours.
Ian was controlled by a player in this story, though. That means that he was a player, too, and did much more than just make floaty pink hearts.
Since when are mobs admin protected. I got killed several times in this game the moment I proclaimed "hi I am a friendly sentient *slime/alien/cow/whatever*.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #130265

PKPenguin321 wrote:Ian was controlled by a player in this story, though. That means that he was a player, too, and did much more than just make floaty pink hearts.
Players have no way of knowing that (especially since Ian was already DEAD at the time of the supposed misbehavior). If you become Ian, you accept that the rules don't protect you. It's like being a lizardman, only more so.
Remove the AI.