admin complaints/policy discussions being used as ban reques

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

admin complaints/policy discussions being used as ban reques

Post by iamgoofball » #185389

"this admin didnt ban this guy! *goes into detail about why urist mclargehuge should be banned and nothinng more about the admins"
or
"weedlord bonerhitler did X, Y, and Z, pls stop allowing it! No, we're not gonna talk about the actual policy *goes into detail about why weedlord bonerhilter should be banned and nothing more about the policy"

allow/disallow
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: admin complaints/policy discussions being used as ban re

Post by oranges » #185406

it's obviously not allowed, but it's a side affect of removing ban requests, it will take a couple of months to die out I imagine.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #185439

There was no good reason to remove ban requests. It served a purpose and that doesn't go away if you remove the forum.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #185639

Ban requests was a privilege, not a right tbh.
Any admin that decided to follow up on your case would be doing so out the goodness out of his or her heart since we have to go log-diving and talk to the plaintiff and any involved parties, who are unlikely to be on at the same time, meaning it can take days or weeks to sort it out and it ultimately only coming to a warning. Rarely are the requests for action something serious enough to warrant actual server bans that weren't resolved in the server at the time.

If you want us to actually take the time out of our day to follow up on your request, please for the love of god give us something to work with. Post logs, screenshots, date/time, ckeys and basically give us evidence to start off with. Telling us so-and-so IC name did this isn't enough to go on and we'll probably not follow up beyond us saying we'll keep an eye out for it. Seriously, log diving is not a fun afternoon and if you don't give us anything and it's not serious enough to warrant an admin investigating on their own, you're pretty much SOL.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #185642

The Prophecy was fulfilled. I wish it hadn't.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #185860

Anonmare wrote:Ban requests was a privilege, not a right tbh.
It was a stress release valve and I assume the current plan is to use cuckshed for that.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #187279

oranges wrote:
It was a stress release valve and I assume the current plan is to use cuckshed for that.
That and maybe it'll head more people to your place. Maybe you should start shilling Singulo.io again (for all your stress release needs!)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #187618

oranges wrote:
It was the reason I made the DRAMA BUNKER thread