On the fence for reasons stated ITT
6%

Total votes: 31

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Should ERP make a comeback

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214081

So, the arguments people have presented against it and for, to my knowledge, goes as follows.

Reasons against:
Causes attention-whoring (not an argument, but I do understand the laments of mimes running around trying to suck dick after dick)
Causes heads to abandon their position
Causes metafriending and gives players an unfair advantage
Scalie erp two dick garbage over hyper sexualized whatver (not an argument, won't address it)
I don't want to see sex (not an argument, won't address it)

Reasons for:
Promotes roleplaying
Antags can use it to lure victims
Causes more/old players to come/return (if you care, not really an argument)
No reason not to (hardly an argument, although relatively valid)

It's been awhile and I don't truly know the state of the server and what they want, but I am for ERP, and, truthfully, I probably won't even participate in it, outside of using it to creatively kill others, but I found a lot of fun in ERP and I don't think it is fair for others to miss out on that. A lot of retarded shit happened and I don't regret any of it.
So, with that being said:

Heads abandoning their posts:
An actual problem. This shouldn't happen and has. If a head does not have anything to do, per se, then there is no problem with this. The problem isn't with them going to do it, it's them doing it when they are needed. Now, the CMO going to fuck McDigBick Batonman while a Med doctor is trying to figure out the best way to break into her office, isn't a crisis, but if the station is under attack or it's denizens are, they should be properly banned from a role of responsibility. Inaction is the same as action, if it causes the same results. Now, it would have to be case-by-case as accidents happen, but if a head knows something might go wrong, they shouldn't be in the Dorms locked in a room.

Causes metafriending and gives an unfair advantage:
I personally have seen nothing wrong with metafriending, if it's done in a way that doesn't give an advantage. Me of all people have been accused of the metafriending shit, utterly wrongly (but that is neither here or there, right now) but I have seen the effects of metafriending. The two same people running off round after round is an advantage as it makes them safer, but is that necessarily a wrong thing? In this game, killing is easy. Does this not just offer more challenge? I'm sure, there is a degree of roundness to it and on a certain level it becomes wrong, but this can be easily determined, surely? This claim is valid though. There should not be a constant sense of comradery every single round that doesn't change. If one of the partners of the other is a traitor, they should kill the other or work against them, while the other should view antagonist behavior from said partner as criminal and not something they will adhere to, unless that's part of the roleplay (convincing them to steal or kill or whatever.)

Promotes roleplaying:
Pretty self-explanatory. People want to roleplay in this game. A section of human connection cut out of this, just for ????? sake is wasted potential. Also would cause your favorite IC crushes medbay stutter whores to come back and I need me some stuttering blue haired whores, tbh fam.

Antags can use it to lure their victims:
Self explanatory. Adds a sense of paranoia and distress as the person you erped with before could kill you this time or this janitor that wants to have fun in his Closet actually has a death trap set up in the Incinerator for you.

I think limitations should be set. I don't think it should be an on. I would gladly propose a time-based trial to see how we, as a community, feels about it and honestly seeing the first two days of allowed ERP would be pretty damn fun.
I think it should make you valid, but that should not be an excuse for all to come and kill you and behavior of such is just retarded. You should be able to fuck with, as a player as an admin, because the whole point is for fun, but player courtesy (something that we all seem to lack heavily), should be considered.

Unconsented rape should be permabanned. I understand people don't want that forced on you, and for good reason, although I personally don't care.
I don't even think we had cases of consensual consensual rape?
Last edited by 420goslingboy69 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Should ERP make a comeback

Post by PKPenguin321 » #214084

If I pull those pants off, will you die?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #214087

It would be extreme anal
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214092

Last time ERPers came to demand people - especially admins - mess with them and got upset if it didn't happen.

Let ERP return, make people who get caught doing it lose all and any admin protection, but for the love of all that is holy don't do anything beyond deleting or gibbing them if you're an admin or else the whole attention-whoring shit starts up again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #214093

I want it to be unbanned so we can continue the infinite cycle of banning / unbanning it until this server dies
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #214106

Fuck the pearl-clutchers I want it legalized, and I want anyone who does it to be instantly valid.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214112

So long as banbaiting rules apply, unless you want people to crudely typefuck just so they can fight other players.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214252

DemonFiren wrote:So long as banbaiting rules apply, unless you want people to crudely typefuck just so they can fight other players.
Sounds fun
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #214264

I'd support it so long as people aren't shirking their responsibilities. Off the top of my head,

Heads of Staff
Security
Engineering (at least until after the engine is set up)
and Miners

probably shouldn't be ERPing. IE: Doing so gets you a ban from those roles.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214269

What about synthetics?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214271

DemonFiren wrote:What about synthetics?
What about sexbots?

1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #214277

Make it valid so that the mob settles it instead of having mins feel obligated to find and obliterate them themselves.
PKPenguin321 wrote:If I pull those pants off, will you die?
It would be extremely embarrassing.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214279

420goslingboy69 wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:What about synthetics?
What about sexbots?
That's called "service cyborg", those should obviously get a pass.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #214282

It is not going to happen.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

Post by cyfause » #214285

they wont unban it because 90% of the userbase is under 18 haha ;)
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #214338

Including you? :^)
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #214342

Ghosts shouldn't be forced to see that stuff if they want to pay attention to interesting things. Take it somewhere private.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214347

Hey, just scroll past it.
:^)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #214349

I for one find ERP (Or any kind of RP more involved than mining give me your rocks) enjoyable to watch as a ghost.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214351

Solution: make ERP bannable on Sybil, but acceptable on Basil.
Shit, I already used my allotment of :^)s this thread.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #214352

TheNightingale wrote:Ghosts shouldn't be forced to see that stuff if they want to pay attention to interesting things. Take it somewhere private.
People are allowed to (they're made valid in the process, of course) read the worst erotic fanfictions in the archives over the radio to the entire station, though? I mean there are arguments against it but I don't think that's a good one.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214382

1g88a wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:Ghosts shouldn't be forced to see that stuff if they want to pay attention to interesting things. Take it somewhere private.
People are allowed to (they're made valid in the process, of course) read the worst erotic fanfictions in the archives over the radio to the entire station, though? I mean there are arguments against it but I don't think that's a good one.
It's a false argument. There are multiple reason how that makes no sense (you can literally turn off the emoting text of things not in your view, which a bare minimum god damn answer.) Why not remove antags because I don't want to be subjugated to having my round ruined, at that rate?

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #214390

>Have to turn off hilarious deathwhispers and arguments from areas you aren't watching just so you don't have paragraphs of lizard donger taking up the screen.

Yeah nah
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #214392

Saegrimr wrote:>Have to turn off hilarious deathwhispers and arguments from areas you aren't watching just so you don't have paragraphs of lizard donger taking up the screen.

Yeah nah
It seems inconsistent to apply this reasoning against ERP but allow people to shout essentially the exact same shit over the radio where both the living and the dead can see it though.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #214393

Time to ban WGW then.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #214404

WGW is already bannable I thought
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #214406

Shit I don't know anymore people keep fucking with the rules page and not telling anybody in adminbus.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214408

why not just get rid of rules like how the server originally was and if you dont like it, don't admin????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #214426

Nobody takes you seriously napkin. Ever
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #214429

i do.

now will u stop making stupid general and ad hominem statements??? thanks and god bless

(((also join the discord ninknak)))
crack is whack but smacks got your back
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #214430

420goslingboy69 wrote:why not just get rid of rules like how the server originally was and if you dont like it, don't admin????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Or if you don't like the rules don't play????????????

Anyway I don't know why I didn't close this thread earlier since it's pretty much pointless.