[POLL] Murderbone as antag

When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:42 am

1-6 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
2%
1-6 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
2%
2%
6-12 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
9%
6-12 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
9%
9%
12+ people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
3%
12+ people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
3%
3%
Never.
18%
Never.
18%
Never.
18%

Total votes: 285

scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

[POLL] Murderbone as antag

Post by scaredofshadows » #30851

Bottom post of the previous page:

We're finally going to add this to the rules. I'd suggest that silent mass murder (without roleplaying of any kind) can be considered a bannable offense under rule 1. These bans might be anywhere from 24h to permanent and would be subject to review.

The community should decide what constitutes unacceptable murderbone with no roleplaying elements. I'm going to define 'unusual objectives' for the purpose of this thread as any objective where mass murder is an aid to rather than a hindrance from completing objectives. Obviously 'escape alone' requires a lot of murder. Assassinate one person and steal one item not only does not require mass murder, the odds of succeeding go down when you have the rest of the station hunting for you. Antagonists who have a reasonable motive for mass murder (borgs during Malf for example) are not under scrutiny here.
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Re: [POLL] Murderbone as antag

Post by Kuraudo » #31048

Never.
What if my target is the HoP, and I decide to take him down using the singularity beacon, a bomb or a plasma fire. I kill him but also eliminate 10 people in the process. I will get boinked for that ?

Murderboning is a double-edged sword. It will get you caught and killed. That's the real limitation to it. No need to create rules to limit the antag behavior. You think it's easy to stroll around and murder people in a server with +50 players ? You'll get lucky if the people you killed don't get cloned.
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #31050

Clearly the matter behind a lot of this thread is that there are ways to kill lots of people without just taking some e- equipment and marching down escape hallway with blood rising to your waist. And situations that do it creatively instead of in direct combat aren't murderboning.

I think that's pretty obvious and admins should be sensible about it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #31066

Skorvold wrote:requires at least a bit of effort, for example: bombing or plasma fire.
You're funny.

Another situation: Singulo. Easily gets at least 10+ people when it gets out, especially if beaconed.

When you start putting hard caps on numbers, things get stupid, however being murder mcfuckface in maint hiding in a locker is bad and they should feel bad.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #31111

Votes aside looks like admins are uninterested in enforcing this.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #31152

Murderboning simply needs to happen from time to time. It keeps rounds from becoming stale, and allows it to progress.

Destruction is the purest form of hygiene.

And, as others have said, if we start limiting what antags can and cannot do, we are going to head towards a very bad path. I could see a lot of people not playing here anymore over such a change.
/vg/station Head Admin
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31159

mrpain wrote:Murderboning simply needs to happen from time to time. It keeps rounds from becoming stale, and allows it to progress.

And, as others have said, if we start limiting what antags can and cannot do, we are going to head towards a very bad path. I could see a lot of people not playing here anymore over such a change.
Incidentally, the sort of murderboning that occasioned this thread in the first place was the kind that reduces the station to literally just one dude with hulk and HoS armor on the station. I don't care what you consider boring. Watching one dude hang out on his station waiting for arrivals to murder is beyond stale.

As for people leaving, that happens all the time anyway over lesser things. "Make the server my way or I'm taking my ball and going home" isn't something that should be catered to anyway.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #31161

cedarbridge wrote:
mrpain wrote:Murderboning simply needs to happen from time to time. It keeps rounds from becoming stale, and allows it to progress.

Incidentally, the sort of murderboning that occasioned this thread in the first place was the kind that reduces the station to literally just one dude with hulk and HoS armor on the station. I don't care what you consider boring. Watching one dude hang out on his station waiting for arrivals to murder is beyond stale.

As for people leaving, that happens all the time anyway over lesser things. "Make the server my way or I'm taking my ball and going home" isn't something that should be catered to anyway.
When something like that happens (which rarely will) I think something akin to an ERT or Nuke Ops spawn is warranted.

I dont think it's fair to punish someone for being robust.
/vg/station Head Admin
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31162

mrpain wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

When something like that happens (which rarely will) I think something akin to an ERT or Nuke Ops spawn is warranted.

I dont think it's fair to punish someone for being robust.
Somebody removing everyone else's fun to hoard it to themself (antag or otherwise) is not something to reward.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #31165

Shitty murder boning is really contextual.

E-sword/bow combo, running around boning with 50 people on the server including half a dozen sec? I'm fine with that, as long as they're not spacing all the bodies or som shit.
Doing the same with lowish pop/no sec? Yeah that shit is gay as fuck.
Also things like hiding with ebow + cham projector + soap, and killing people one by one as they investigate 'bait item X' then stuffing them in a locker is fucking awful regardless of pop or sec, as it's literally just trying to get a kill count.
Things like atmos flooding as a rogue atmos tech and killing 20 people however is fine.
Constant recalls is also gay as fuck, even if it's because you can't find an objective IC, OOC you have to realise it's probably stuffed in a closest/spaced, and you're just dragging shit out if you're repeatedly recalling.

Honestly it needs to be more up to admin discretion, with some general guide lines. It's usually easy to tell when someone's just being shitty and unfun.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31188

cedarbridge wrote: Somebody removing everyone else's fun to hoard it to themself (antag or otherwise) is not something to reward.
The core anti-murderbone arguement, right here.
Murderboning is not fun for anyone except the person boning.

Murder itself is usually unfun for the recieving end, and is usually reserved for greentext. Widespread chaos and death as a result of grand sabotage, on the other hand, is what SS13 is all about. Generally, the amount of people whining about a person in deadchat is a good metric.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #31206

Psyentific wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: Somebody removing everyone else's fun to hoard it to themself (antag or otherwise) is not something to reward.

Murder itself is usually unfun for the recieving end, and is usually reserved for greentext. Widespread chaos and death as a result of grand sabotage, on the other hand, is what SS13 is all about. Generally, the amount of people whining about a person in deadchat is a good metric.

Exactly. This is how I feel about this issue. Antags running around the place with esword and ebow killing everyone in sight isn't creating chaos or an interesting game; it's just taking players out the game because RNG dictates.

This does not mean we should ban people for this. A bwoink, maybe, but remember that Antags have protection from most of the rules.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #31208

So what is the difference between 12 people dying to a series of bombs from one antag, and 12 people dying to a single antag by a sword? They both achieve the same result, and are the actions of one individual. Yet one form is reviled, with the other being accepted.

After looking over, I believe that the status quo should remain as is. Outside of lop-pop mass murders I think antags can have free will to kill as many people as they want, and can actually get away with.
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #31210

MedicInDisquise wrote:
Psyentific wrote:

Exactly. This is how I feel about this issue. Antags running around the place with esword and ebow killing everyone in sight isn't creating chaos or an interesting game; it's just taking players out the game because RNG dictates.

This does not mean we shouldn't ban people for this. A bwoink, maybe, but remember that Antags have protection from most of the rules.
Honestly, if we give any sort of a ban for murderboning, it should be some sort of round-based antag ban, so they can't get traitor again until they play 3 full rounds or something. Even that might be kind of iffy. Although I do support letting admins publicly shittalk murderboners.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31212

Steelpoint wrote:So what is the difference between 12 people dying to a series of bombs from one antag, and 12 people dying to a single antag by a sword? They both achieve the same result, and are the actions of one individual. Yet one form is reviled, with the other being accepted.

After looking over, I believe that the status quo should remain as is. Outside of lop-pop mass murders I think antags can have free will to kill as many people as they want, and can actually get away with.
Collateral damage - Whether bodycount is the goal or a byproduct.

One kills people. The other fucks the station up and happens to kill people. Same as Singulo, same as plasma fire.
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Post by Kuraudo » #31216

MedicInDisquise wrote: Exactly. This is how I feel about this issue. Antags running around the place with esword and ebow killing everyone in sight isn't creating chaos or an interesting game; it's just taking players out the game because RNG dictates.

This does not mean we should ban people for this. A bwoink, maybe, but remember that Antags have protection from most of the rules.
No thanks. I wanna be able to play as antag the way I see fit. Super stealth thief hiding as a cable piece, or murderboning bastard with an ebow in a hand and a sword in the other. It's a game, you can die and lose. Stop crying like you're gonna be murdered every round.
We have cloning. If you're unlucky enough to get killed during a massacre and not get cloned, bad luck then. We have drones and deadchat for entertainment.

What's next on the menu ? Mandatory respawn because some people that refuse defeat and losing are gonna claim their share of "fun" ?
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #31222

I don't even read my objectives as tator, but I also don't like murderboning. Overall I think antags should be able to do what they want despite uncreative ebow/esword fags. So I voted no limit.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #31225

At this rate what the hell do we expect Traitors to do to advance the round? You won't be able to mass kill people unless you come up with a unique gimmick, the syndicate decided only Nuke Ops can use bombs and offensive weaponry is being increased in TC price.

I've already felt that Traitor/Changeling rounds, the most common round types, have become boring and stale. Traitors already are too uninterested in going loud or forcing a endgame, rounds last for around one to two hours until the command staff get board. Security has gotten a very healthy population (and to a very minor extent competency) boost meaning its harder for antags to get away with overt actions. These rounds have devolved into testing the patience of the crew into seeing how long it takes for them to call a evacuation due to boredom.

We should be trying to find ways to make rounds more lively and chaotic. Not trying to turn Traitor/Changeling rounds into extended.

I disagree with punishing murderboning (Outside of very low pop rounds) because I want to encourage antags to do more, not be forced to do less.

*EDIT*

To add anecdotal evidence, rounds with a mass murderbone antag tend to end quicker than any other alternative aside from Singularity's in Traitor rounds. Simply because someone is going to call the evac shuttle cause they don't want to die to some guy with a energy sword who is re-enacting "American Psycho: Space Edition. That or the actual antag may call the evac shuttle in their own right to get off the station.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #31229

This is an RP game, not a deathmatch game. At least I was under that impression.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #31231

Scott wrote:This is an RP game, not a deathmatch game. At least I was under that impression.
Yes, we are a 'moderate' RP game. But that RP needs a back drop, something going on to advance the game. Its the same why games of DnD are considered to be RP games. A DnD game would get boring if all your doing is standing in a small room for five hours and occasionally processing forms, or checking the singularity for the 6th time.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #31251

Er, pen-and-paper RPGs can absolutely be very social focused.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31262

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Er, pen-and-paper RPGs can absolutely be very social focused.
Yeah, that analogy didn't really work right. This is /tg/ after all.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #31286

I like murderboning as long as there is no server crashes and ERP and probably the repeated shuttle recall. Should only be able to do it once or twice if you dont have your objective done like debraining someone or something rediculously hard.
Happy that lots of people are saying never for limits of murderboning.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31308

youngbuckliontiger wrote:I like murderboning as long as there is no server crashes and ERP and probably the repeated shuttle recall. Should only be able to do it once or twice if you dont have your objective done like debraining someone or something rediculously hard.
Happy that lots of people are saying never for limits of murderboning.
Full disclosure. Do you like being the one doing the murdering or being murdered?
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #31311

What a dumb question, cedar. I am sure he likes being killed 1 minute into the round by a guy who bought an ebow and a sword and promptly started killing everything that moves and then never being cloned.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #31319

Hibbles wrote:We have a large, diverse community of people who like different parts of the game, and pretending only one way is valid is absurd.
Hibbles wrote:valid
TRIGGERED! ESWORD NOSLIPS ACTIVATE.

Anyway, I do not support mass killing rampages. Despite that, I don't think that we should impose limits upon antag play. They're there to act as an opposing force, and if they choose to go berserk then that should be an option available to them. Sometimes, there are times when you've got no choice but to start taking people out, like the time I c4'd the HoS in medbay and

However, there IS A POINT where mass killings cross the Rule 1 boundary. Consideration has to be given to all those players, now sitting idle and angry in deadchat. Repeatedly recalling the shuttle with everyone dead, pulling a Dante Smith and consistently treating the game as a single-player deathmatch, across multiple rounds... these are things that should result in a warning and encouragement to "explore other playstyles". If they REALLY can't stop killing everyone then give them a ban with a message to maybe try out Quake Live instead.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #31320

It's considered a violation of Rule 1 to spawn camp the arrivals shuttle, but it's allowed to immediately start murdering people at round start. Why is that?
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #31325

What if your target spawns next to you at roundstart? Should you have to wait some arbitrary amount of time before you kill him?
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #31326

In that case it's perfectly acceptable, but it still lacks salt for both you and your target. Plotting is the best part of a murder.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #31349

If you want to make murderboning less likely, make it less achievable. I know this is a policy discussion so I'll address that first.

Right now, short of performing non-consensual ERP or participating in metacommunications, a traitor is pretty much allowed free reign to do anything they want. They can bomb the station, deconstruct vital equipment, expose areas to space, fill everything with plasma, replace oxygen tanks WITH plasma, poison food, hand out tainted chemicals, and so on and so forth until there's nothing left to talk about but the pile of bodies all around you.

Honestly, if you want a SERIOUS kill count, deconstruct cloning when no one's around, steal the boards from there and tech storage, and then start poisoning food with plasma or chloral. For better points, subvert the AI beforehand so the borgs created from this are on your side as well. Now there's a mass of poisoned bodies that are being made into more food (if you put them on the counter) and will kill other people who eat. More people murdered or taken out of the round than before.

But people find that more 'fun,' right? Because at least it's a way to die that doesn't involve ten seconds of furiously clicking before realizing the person who stunned you has you locked down without a chance to get back up.

The problem is, sometimes the line is too thin between 'fun' and 'obscene.' I and a lot of people seem to agree that limiting antag behavior is a bad thing with unintended consequences that are very hard to foresee at this point, but we know they're there.

A lot of gamemodes rely on murderboning as well like Rev, Nuke Ops, changeling, monkey, malf, and alien events. In Rev, Nuke Ops, and changeling pretty much all avenues of becoming an unstoppable murdermachine are just as there as they were before for both sides. The Nuke Ops or anyone can cut the grav generator, geneticist can become an unstoppable hulk, magboots and jetpacks can be used to cheese your movespeed to unstoppable, and stun can be healthily ignored as bodies hit the floor and no one's ever going to get cloned and be back in the round in any meaningful way.

I could go on all day, but the only serious change I can see that would help is a gameplay change. Lowering stun helped because it's harder to keep more people on the ground, but we've still got issues with things like magboots and jetpacks in zero-gravity offering free hyperzine and hulk.

Honestly, hulk is second on the list of things that are NEAT but I can't quite enjoy right after Telescience. In the best case, you have a sleeping tiger HoS or geneticist who screams all of his orders, in the worst case you have a greytide that busts through walls carelessly that no one will ever repair in just the right way that can't be taken down by stun.

Hulk is already pretty powerful and it makes someone an unstoppable force in this game of stuns, and it's too easy to get if you've got that idiotic disease or access to genetics.

Another alternative? ID lock the genetics console. The exosuit fabricator is already locked.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #31354

Scaredy, do you have the capability of running this poll in game too?
/vg/station Head Admin
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #31378

Being a murderboner for no reason other than to murderbone is fucking retarded. Traitors are the only ones who really should be scrutinized for this the heaviest, because they rarely should be on killing sprees fnr.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #31389

Incomptinence wrote:Votes aside looks like admins are uninterested in enforcing this.
If we begin to Enforce More RP then things get bad, fast. There's many upsides to Bay but there's sure as heck reasons I don't play there regularly, and one of them is that nothing happens.

I dare any person who wants to enforce stricter RP to go to Bay at the start of a round and sign up to be an AI, and play the entire round as AI, once. Prove to me that you've done that with screenshots, or witness testimony, and that you hacked out the entire round as AI, and I'll seriously consider your suggestion for more RP. The way /tg/'s been rolling for years, that is, allowing antags to do practically anything, seems to work just fine, and I'm seriously worried about trying to change that in the service of how some (and if this poll's any indicator, and it probably isn't since Lol Forums, sure not the majority) of players think the Correct way is.
RIP
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #31393

Hibbles wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Votes aside looks like admins are uninterested in enforcing this.
If we begin to Enforce More RP then things get bad, fast. There's many upsides to Bay but there's sure as heck reasons I don't play there regularly, and one of them is that nothing happens.

I dare any person who wants to enforce stricter RP to go to Bay at the start of a round and sign up to be an AI, and play the entire round as AI, once. Prove to me that you've done that with screenshots, or witness testimony, and that you hacked out the entire round as AI, and I'll seriously consider your suggestion for more RP. The way /tg/'s been rolling for years, that is, allowing antags to do practically anything, seems to work just fine, and I'm seriously worried about trying to change that in the service of how some (and if this poll's any indicator, and it probably isn't since Lol Forums, sure not the majority) of players think the Correct way is.
I'm seriously taking you up on that challenge. Probably tomorrow.
:^)
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31398

I don't think bay enforces RP so much in the rules like they do in the code. Bay has CODE restrictions which enforce RP more than their admins do. The slow movement, the click delays, those slow things down a lot more than rules ever would.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #31430

Can you people wait more than a fucking day before you call the poll results, it runs until the second of October so stop trying to use it before then.

Much like EVE Online, its your own fault for being a victim in this game, and if you aren't ready to get your ass killed stupidly by an asshole traitor or a manipulative changeling making everyone kill each other than you might want to seek something. Likewise, given that every single thing in the station can be used as a makeshift weapon you probably shouldn't just crawl into a locker and wait for the inevitable when you hear about the murderbonering dick going around slaughtering everyone, one stun is enough to break their killstreak if they charge you with dual eswords with no problems, hell that's not even being creative with the ways you can deal with them. git gud

This server is a space heroics simulator masquerading as a roleplay about people spacemen, you will have a more enjoyable experience if you treat it as such and learn to enjoy staring at genetacists become masterrace while the bodies pile up outside the door and everyone cheers the traitor on and gives him kar.... lol jokes but I miss 2011

Your fun is not handed to you on a platter and other people are actively trying to take what you believe is rightfully yours because the little green text tells them too. Beat them to death and take it back.

Unless their ping is Dante Smith or me traitor ever round level because they can instalock the button and get to the top of the pile odds are they are not going to have an easy time killing everyone without spending half the round preparing. also in my experience most people go about their business and don't even try to deal with the murderboner traitor until they get murdered by them and then go on to complain about it anyway holy shit can you at least try to its not hard stop relying on security to defend you its not like you need to powergame to pick up a fire extinguisher and take a swing at someone when they come after you

And for all 3 of you that know how much sperg out when I get murderized for stupid yet valid reasons that I didn't instigate I get over it by the end of the round and don't actually remember any of the people I've ever sworn vengeance on, its not healthy to hold a grudge m8, I'm surprised at the amount of people that spent all that time pissed off at Zaros because he killed them a bunch of times

Holy shit this is autistic but I think there is a good point in there somewhere if you can be bothered looking.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31446

Rules, Primary Policies, #1 wrote:We’re all here to have a good time. If you’re intentionally trying to ruin everyone else’s good time, you won’t have a place here. Being a jerk in-character is fine to a point, but being a jerk out of character is not welcome at all.
Don't be a dick.
Traitors have exemption to almost all rules - They are not required to not be a dick. However, it's still a good idea to try not to be a dick, if only for the consideration of your fellow player.

Compromise - With the admin saturation we have, it probably wouldn't be hard to make a note of the when and who murderbones. Being considerate of other player's fun ought to be encouraged.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #31450

I don't think you can assign a numerical value to the amount of dead when it comes to something like this. This isn't a black and white issue. Therefore, any official policy implemented will have to rely heavily on admin interpretation. And we all know how that turns out.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #31541

Just don't end up with a vague "murderboning is ok sometimes, but not too much, subject to completely random admin interpretation and mood". Either it's allowed, there are specific things not allowed, or it's not allowed at all.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31554

damiac wrote:Just don't end up with a vague "murderboning is ok sometimes, but not too much, subject to completely random admin interpretation and mood". Either it's allowed, there are specific things not allowed, or it's not allowed at all.
Proposal:
Not Allowed: Traitor/DA Murderbone with no attempt to accomplish objectives - Ex. Steal Jetpack, Escape Alive: spawn esword ebow & go to town
Not Allowed: Changeling murderbone with no attempt to absorb the bodies - "loldeathsting", if you will.

Allowed: Traitor/DA Murderbone with or after attempt to accomplish objectives - Ex. Emag into EVA, Steal Jetpack, then spawn esword/ebow and start the killcounter
Allowed: All other forms of murderbone
Last edited by Psyentific on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #31573

Um, I can't even see what's good about that proposal.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #31578

Phrasing it in terms of a bodycount does seem silly.

As many people have pointed out we have items designed to mutilate the station; how many end up screwed by the singularity is hardly fair to the "kill-total" of that particular traitor. At the same time though I think most murderboners (at least the ones that literally contribute nothing to the round) are from greyshirts who spawn their weapons and go ham from minute one. Those of you squawking about "LOLBAYRULES" (Looking at you HBL) are missing the concept entirely.

That's the kind of behavior that needs to stop and it's not at all hard to spot.

If you roll for antag just to remove as many people from the round as quickly as possible... Well, you're the definition of a "dick." We don't want/need you.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31590

Psyentific wrote:
damiac wrote:Just don't end up with a vague "murderboning is ok sometimes, but not too much, subject to completely random admin interpretation and mood". Either it's allowed, there are specific things not allowed, or it's not allowed at all.
Proposal:
Not Allowed: Traitor/DA Murderbone with no attempt to accomplish objectives - Ex. Steal Jetpack, Escape Alive, spawn esword ebow & go to town
Not Allowed: Changeling murderbone with no attempt to absorb the bodies.

Allowed: Traitor/DA Murderbone with or after attempt to accomplish objectives - Ex. Emag into EVA, Steal Jetpack, spawn esword/ebow and start the killcounter
Allowed: All other forms of murderbone
I'm pretty chill with this really. I voted for a numerical value but only because it was the largest number on the list. Traitors that just ignoring objectives to run off and remove as many players from the round as possible because its their turn is pretty shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #31635

When I see someone running back and forth between using their hidden upload to recall the shuttle and wandering the halls murdering late joiners I'll usually just blow up their upload and then spawn some ghosts as brutal murderers hellbent on killing the offending guy.

It's neat to be able to have something to point to and say "hey I could ban you for this stop doing it" but I don't think it would appropriate to use that unless it's something the player repeatedly does.

Murderboners killing people isn't the problem. Boo fucking hoo your spessmen died in a lame way my heart goes out to you never5get 9/11. What makes the situation shitty is that it causes the round to drag on forever when everyone knows they've essentially won and are just running the clock wasting everyone's playtime. It's the SS13 equivalent of an hour long touchdown celebration dance. Rarely does anyone but the guy doing it care that it's happening, and everyone is just waiting for the next play. Maybe if you're really good at dancing and people are enjoying watching we might make an exception. Highly unlikely.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #31642

An0n3 wrote:Murderboners killing people isn't the problem. Boo fucking hoo your spessmen died in a lame way my heart goes out to you never5get 9/11. What makes the situation shitty is that it causes the round to drag on forever when everyone knows they've essentially won and are just running the clock wasting everyone's playtime. It's the SS13 equivalent of an hour long touchdown celebration dance. Rarely does anyone but the guy doing it care that it's happening, and everyone is just waiting for the next play. Maybe if you're really good at dancing and people are enjoying watching we might make an exception. Highly unlikely.

See, this asshole gets it. Murder boner all you want, but don't be a bitch when people get tired of your shit and spawn a singularity on you. If you want to murder the whole station then go ahead, just don't drag that shit out.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31658

Durkel wrote:just don't drag that shit out.
And this sums up why people have more patience for bombings/plasma than they do esword/ebow/recall
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #31679

Speaking of recalling:

1) if you recall it while being boring, don't be surprised if you explode
2) Don't get upset if people force through a restart vote because we don't or won't cancel it to enhance your ability to rub your murderection
3) If you manage to exterminate the station, or nearly so, before the shuttle can be refueled, uh... yeah I dunno.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31680

Pandarsenic wrote:1) if you recall it while being boring, don't be surprised if you explode
admins please do this more it's not like you'll get admin complainted for doing it
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #31697

People really just need to push the restart votes you know stop jumping on our old I DED PLS RESTART wagon and let them actually RESTART A ROUND on occasion.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #31699

cedarbridge wrote:And this sums up why people have more patience for bombings/plasma than they do esword/ebow/recall
Yeah, if bombings or plasma are happening, then either I die immediately and get to watch the station try to recover and people struggle to escape, or else I get to be one of those people trying to recover or escape. It's not stagnant and drawn out. But I'd rather have more traitors wrecking shit and causing general widespread chaos on the station than more rounds where my shift is uninterrupted until shuttle call and nothing at all happens. It's just that murderboning is just so dull. It's less "horror slasher film" and more "suddenly you're dead without warning, now watch your killer do the exact same thing to the rest of the crew one-by-one." Making indirect-and-somewhat-avoidable slaughter more relatively viable method of clearing the station might be a good factor to reduce simple murderboning.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #31714

paprika wrote:admins please do this more it's not like you'll get admin complainted for doing it
You'd be suprised.

I prefer to just fill the room where they have the communications console with spiders, a little more subtle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #31718

Pandarsenic wrote:Speaking of recalling:

1) if you recall it while being boring, don't be surprised if you explode
2) Don't get upset if people force through a restart vote because we don't or won't cancel it to enhance your ability to rub your murderection
3) If you manage to exterminate the station, or nearly so, before the shuttle can be refueled, uh... yeah I dunno.
This is what I like to see.

Not some awful blanket policy....we already have way too much policy as it is....not some awful Baystation rule...but proper admin intervention.
/vg/station Head Admin