Code delta

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Code delta

Post by paprika » #44145

It's to prevent griefing during delta since basically all humans are non-antag at that point anyway. All griefers who are fucking with sec/heads of staff at that point are valid city last I heard.

Same goes for nuke, even though there's basically no way you can disarm the nuke anymore short of an op telling you the code.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #44147

It's more so in place so a no-nonsense head of staff can get non-compliant crew members out of the way, even if that means having to go lethal. Sadly even in Code Delta situations there are plenty of people who will still refuse the orders of the Cap/HoS/Whoever.

So afaik yes, if that assistant refuses to comply with your order you are within your right to execute them. However I would observe some restrain personally.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #44148

Double post I know, however last time I heard SoS and adminbus disagreed with this and wanted to remove the execution clause.

I don't know if that went through sadly since I rarely witness the Code Delta message and when I do I'm not thinking of that clause.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #44149

When the AI goes delta and you're shitting things up bad enough that a head of staff is willing to execute you on the spot, you probably have bigger problems heading your way in the form of BWOINK.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #44153

I remember talking with SoS about this; it's basically a null rule, don't do it. SoS has said he doesn't want people getting executed for not following orders in Delta.

I made a PR changing the config files for but closed it after we decided it'd be easier to just ask SoS to change the config files, which I apparently never did.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #44221

Honestly, we need some actual difference between something as serious as alert codes. Shorter shuttle times are fine and all, but green and blue are practically identical, red shortening shuttle time of arrival and otherwise being absolutely the same, with delta being just an indication of antagonist activity (does it even reduce shuttle ETA?)
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #44222

Green and Blue alert are essentially identical as I have it on good authority that Green alert does not constrict Security's ability to do what they want, meaning they can still have weapons visible and search suspects.

The only difference in Delta alert up until recently was the ability for heads of staff to summarily execute disobedient underlings and to alert the station to one of two antagonist activities (Ops arming the nuke/AI going full malf). However with the desired change (which I disagree with personally) now the only thing Code Delta has over Code Blue is to warn of antagonist activity.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #44239

Green alert: Everything is fine, resume normal work. Round starts with this.
Blue alert: Suspicious activities detected, be on guard. This switches on automatically for most, if not all round types here.
Red alert: Confirmed hostile activity detected, remain in your department or seek shelter, depending on the threat. Only happens when the Heads are competent.
Delta alert: Situation critical; crew should attempt to either flee or assist if possible without getting in the way of the heads/ security. This means if they give you an order, you do it. Only possible via Malf AI and Nuclear Operatives, code wise, at the moment. Perhaps we need a way to be able to call it under extreme situations.
Epsilon alert: All contracts terminated; Deathsquad sent out to eliminate the remaining crew and threats. Only an admin can do this, and with DeathSquad removed, it's hard to do anyways.
Spoiler:
Bring back DeathSquad please.
Personally, I don't like the idea of being able to execute people immediately because they got in your way during Delta. If they get in your way there are much better ways to temporarily stop them. Telescopic batons were added for a reason. If they STILL get in your way, then you should probably Ahelp it. If there is no admins and you don't have ANY means of stopping them temporarily, then it's time for more lethal means. If you're the Head of Security/ Security officer/ Captain/ Chief Medical officer, you shouldn't have an issue with stopping someone (More so for the Head of Security/ Security officer/ Captain.).

In terms of alerts, I think they should be taken more seriously. The alerts should be rewritten, perhaps, to make them more /tg/station styled and easier to follow. Nothing that really restricts anyone, of course.
:^)
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #44274

Even if the threat of execution is never used, I like the idea that its there. As somebody already mentioned, if the AI just went Delta and you're actively pissing off a head of staff trying to stop said AI from literally killing everyone, you really deserve to be executed on the spot or removed.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #44377

Shouldn't stuff like "don't disobey your superiors or else DEATH" be Code Red policy, instead of Delta? As far as I know, Delta is only used for Nuke emergencies. You shouldn't really care about people obeying you when the nuke is about to go off, just worry about getting yourself and your underlings to the shuttle asap.
Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #44384

Scott wrote:Shouldn't stuff like "don't disobey your superiors or else DEATH" be Code Red policy, instead of Delta? As far as I know, Delta is only used for Nuke emergencies. You shouldn't really care about people obeying you when the nuke is about to go off, just worry about getting yourself and your underlings to the shuttle asap.
Considering all it takes to call a code red is two ID swipes, no please.
We don't need a full Hitler captain and Head of Security killing everyone that disobeys them because they decided to call red alert so everyone DOES have to obey them.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #44390

Spacemanspark wrote: so everyone DOES have to obey them.
You know. What they're supposed to be doing in the first place.
Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #44409

cedarbridge wrote:
Spacemanspark wrote: so everyone DOES have to obey them.
You know. What they're supposed to be doing in the first place.
Yes, but being able to outright kill them over it won't solve anything, that'll just start riots and greytide.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #44559

Spacemanspark wrote:
Scott wrote:Shouldn't stuff like "don't disobey your superiors or else DEATH" be Code Red policy, instead of Delta? As far as I know, Delta is only used for Nuke emergencies. You shouldn't really care about people obeying you when the nuke is about to go off, just worry about getting yourself and your underlings to the shuttle asap.
Considering all it takes to call a code red is two ID swipes, no please.
We don't need a full Hitler captain and Head of Security killing everyone that disobeys them because they decided to call red alert so everyone DOES have to obey them.
Your fears are unfounded.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #45164

Delta should really be activatable in Revs/Cults.

Because those are the rounds where the shit really does hit the fan and the threat is an unknown enemy within, rather than a highly visible external(ish) source.