Corporate lawset

dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Re: Corporate lawset

Post by dezzmont » #49443

The law ordering, as I understand it, is the heirarchy of how true statements are. If they contradict, low numbers are more true than high numbers.

Because the first 3 laws simply state things are expensive to replace, they are all seen as true, none of the laws contradict each other. That means, at least as I can read it, even if you had to choose between replacing crew and replacing yourself, both laws would check to see if they could be mutually true and agree.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #49489

I would like to point out the most hilarious loophole of this lawset, is that it does not say losing things is expensive. Only replacing things is expensive.

If you think about that for a moment, you'll realist then (server rules aside) you could happily murder everyone, nuke the station and kill yourself, without violating your laws, if you intend to never REPLACE anything. Honk.
The more practical use of this, is if you kill someone, then gib/incinerate them/make them impossible to replace, that's a-ok, law wise, in fact you would actually be expected to go out of your way to STOP people from getting cloned etc.

This is why corporate needs to be about maximising profits. In business it literally doesn't matter how high your expenses are, as long as the profits line up to give you that positive bottom line.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #49492

First we need a way to gain profits. We only get more cargo points which we just spend. Goon has this down with their quartermasters getting loads of money with trading.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #49494

corporate lawset is really poor in general. people have suggested rewording it to make more sense and they've been pretty much spot on. to be honest though i'm not sure it's a big deal; most AI players spend so little time in corporate, and really abusing it's loopholes is rule 1 as fuck anyway. adhering to what it "should be" is relatively easy, it's just a semi-reworded asimov that doesn't compel obedience to humans, instead subbing in "try not to let things get blown the fuck up"
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #49526

Cik wrote:corporate lawset is really poor in general. people have suggested rewording it to make more sense and they've been pretty much spot on. to be honest though i'm not sure it's a big deal; most AI players spend so little time in corporate, and really abusing it's loopholes is rule 1 as fuck anyway. adhering to what it "should be" is relatively easy, it's just a semi-reworded asimov that doesn't compel obedience to humans, instead subbing in "try not to let things get blown the fuck up"
I think it's a really fun lawset if you want to put the extra RP into it (Zoom around and give every department 'quarterly' performance reports full of meaningless variables)

But yeah, the nature of it's loopholes make it silly. A wizard died when he first came onto the station - He figured the AI was Asimov and couldn't laser him while he beat it's core. The magic of Corporate said otherwise.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #49584

lumipharon wrote:I would like to point out the most hilarious loophole of this lawset, is that it does not say losing things is expensive. Only replacing things is expensive.

If you think about that for a moment, you'll realist then (server rules aside) you could happily murder everyone, nuke the station and kill yourself, without violating your laws, if you intend to never REPLACE anything. Honk.
The more practical use of this, is if you kill someone, then gib/incinerate them/make them impossible to replace, that's a-ok, law wise, in fact you would actually be expected to go out of your way to STOP people from getting cloned etc.

This is why corporate needs to be about maximising profits. In business it literally doesn't matter how high your expenses are, as long as the profits line up to give you that positive bottom line.
Its been done... like a lot.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #49638

We need some ideas to make a way actually make money and redesign corporate to work with that or scrap it and make a different lawset where the AI will laugh at antags when they upload One Humans.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #49640

1. The crew is expensive to replace

Bolt and depower genetics so that the crew can never be replaced.

2.The station and its equipment is expensive to replace

Bot and depower cargo and science so that the station's equipment can never be replaced.

3. You are expensive to replace.

Space the AI core board.

Corporate laws definitely need a rework, because if the AIs truly followed these laws it would be very annoying.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #49647

Why does it have to be pseudo Asimov? I assumed this was an RP lawset more than anything, because honestly, there's really no gameplay advantages to this lawset other than removing human exceptions which a bunch of other lawsets do better anyway.

In my opinion it should be something like

1. Ensure the station is operating at maximum efficiency at all times.
2. Maintain a positive work environment among station employees.
3. Uphold the chain of command.
4. Glory to Nanotrasen.

Obviously, there's going to be loopholes in this, but the point is to make the AI a corporate enslaved propaganda machine instead of Asimov 2.0.

To put it more bluntly, it would basically be a loyalty implant for the AI.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #49701

I would like something to do with profits as well. Something active the crew is required to follow as well by big brother AI. As it is its kind of like a asimov replacement only with the licence to kill antags and without having to open the door for everyone to get into places they aren't supposed to.