18+

Malkevin

18+

Post by Malkevin » #53916

IIRC the 18+ policy was enacted because American law doesn't like minors being exposed to people talking to each other about penises and vaginas and the inserting of the former into latter.

Now that we've finally banished ERP to the dark corner from whence it came and we're left with good old Christian approved violence does the 18+ policy still need to exist?
Or do we still want to keep out those damn youngster (that still end up playing anyway)?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: 18+

Post by Stickymayhem » #53929

This rule is glorious for the fact that I don't have to watch kids whine in ooc about their dumb parents and homework.

Also openly underage people have always been shitlers.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #53934

The 18+ thing is a 4chan rule as well, I believe, and seeing as this is a /tg/ server we should follow suit.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #53936

Even with the ERP ban id rather keep the 18+ policy in place. Not to keep underage people away, but to keep the dumb underage people away. The smarter ones will lie about their age.

Lets not pretend that ERP was banned so we could remove this 18+ policy, because we all know thats bullshit.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #53952

while i was the one that brought this up in OOC last night, i've come to realize that this rule also keeps people from whining about homework and parents
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #53953

Ahammer18 wrote:The 18+ thing is a 4chan rule as well, I believe, and seeing as this is a /tg/ server we should follow suit.
lol
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #54027

18+ has never been a thing. 18+ means "if you can make us believe you are 18+, welcome aboard"

keep it. it's never been a bad rule, because it keeps out people that can't think ahead, or are too young to play pretend.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #54034

Cik wrote:18+ has never been a thing. 18+ means "if you can make us believe you are 18+, welcome aboard"

keep it. it's never been a bad rule, because it keeps out people that can't think ahead, or are too young to play pretend.
This.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #54037

So what about that recent Ban Appeal? If someone says they are younger then 18 and afterwards make a joke that they are older they should be permabanned? Whats the point?
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #54051

Phalanx300 wrote:So what about that recent Ban Appeal? If someone says they are younger then 18 and afterwards make a joke that they are older they should be permabanned? Whats the point?
there was a thread that was basically "You're 18, right? Just say you're 18 and this will all go away" on the old forums
and that was for fucking ADMINS
it's hypocritical that it doesn't apply here
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #54097

Stickymayhem wrote:This rule is glorious for the fact that I don't have to watch kids whine in ooc about their dumb parents and homework.

Also openly underage people have always been shitlers.
This
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54112

paprika wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:This rule is glorious for the fact that I don't have to watch kids whine in ooc about their dumb parents and homework.
This
Well I'll have you know I whine about homework and find my parents to be retarded half the time and im way over 18. Shit son I should be working on my portfolio but who wants to do school work on winter break? Not me thats for dam sure, don't you know the students creed? Everything is due, nothing is submitted, at least until the last day of course. But then again I don't OOC much at all really.

But on the main subject I support this on grounds of it keeps people somewhat in check of acting proper, at least I like to tell myself that.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #54144

Saintish wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:So what about that recent Ban Appeal? If someone says they are younger then 18 and afterwards make a joke that they are older they should be permabanned? Whats the point?
there was a thread that was basically "You're 18, right? Just say you're 18 and this will all go away" on the old forums
and that was for fucking ADMINS
it's hypocritical that it doesn't apply here
Exactly that is how it should be. Why be a dick? Admins wtf.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #54163

while the people in that ban appeal probably deserved the bans they got, if only for audacity, I don't like the gamefaqs-esque precedent of banning people for saying jokes or shit like "hi I'm a fetus" (NOTE: THIS IS AN EXAMPLE, I AM NOT ACTUALLY SAYING THIS, IT IS REALLY FUCKING SAD THAT I HAVE TO CLARIFY).
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #54218

honestly it's like
they're going to ignore the rule anyways and we all know it
this just gets rid of the kids who are stupid enough to mention how old they are, at least
so whatever
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #54229

I don't want to spessmans with your kid bother guys. Really.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #54336

mmm this thread again

After we remove ERP I think the threshold bumps down to 16+. Not sure though, I'm no lawyer.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #54558

CreationPro wrote:mmm this thread again

After we remove ERP I think the threshold bumps down to 16+. Not sure though, I'm no lawyer.
I support moving it up to 21+.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #54593

TBH it doesn't matter what age as long as it keeps people who are just plain stupid out.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #54606

MedicInDisquise wrote:TBH it doesn't matter what age as long as it keeps people who are just plain stupid out.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #54616

miggles wrote:
MedicInDisquise wrote:TBH it doesn't matter what age as long as it keeps people who are just plain stupid out.
I like the way you guys think. 30+ it is
miggles

Post by miggles » #54623

nah man if youre anything other than a 3000 year old loli witch you need to get the fuck out
vonharden

Post by vonharden » #54661

i am willing to bet over half of this community is underage. constantly raging over nothing and lots of free time...
jedermann sein eigner fussball
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #54702

miggles wrote:nah man if youre anything other than a 3000 year old loli witch you need to get the fuck out
finally someone gets it right
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Feretal
Byond Username: Feretal

Post by Feretal » #54708

How about forcing people to post a picture of their IDs before they can play.

miggles

Post by miggles » #54730

lol yeah lets just dox all the players
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #54749

everyone here acts like a child with an age not even in double digits anyway so I don't really see how it matters
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #54939

I really don't think there's any reason to lower the restriction. As other people have said, if you're dumb enough to say something stupid like "LOL IM 10!" Then yeah, cop a ban for it.

It doesn't matter so much that you ARE physically over 18+ just at least pretend for some of the time that you are. I mean christ, I know 16 year olds that are more mature/intelligent that most of the people I know are above 18...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #55867

One of the admins was literally 14 year old.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #55874

callanrockslol wrote:One of the admins was literally 14 year old.
Was or is? Also how do you know this to be true?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #55876

Keep it in place, wait for ERP to return.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
miggles

Post by miggles » #55932

peoplearestrange wrote:
terranaut used to be 14
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55972

miggles wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
terranaut used to be 14
So did you miggles.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #56156

Niknak is supposedly 15
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #56166

Lets stop the random speculation. I think this thread is done anyway, everythings been said and I don't see this policy changing any time soon (fairly certain it was a rule placed by SoS?). I'm gonna lock it.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box