Do you lose your humanity upon being bioscrambled?

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Do you lose your humanity upon being bioscrambled?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #646324

So, I asked an admin this and it brought up a very interesting discussion. Thus I would like to extend it to the community as a whole. The bio-scrambler is an anomaly that can randomly change your limbs into the limbs of other races. Although this currently seems skin-deep, as plasma-men limbs dont ignite, shadow-person limbs dont burn in light, and pod-person limbs dont wither in darkness, etc. No benefits or negatives from the limbs and you keep your round-start benefits and negatives.

The health analyser still shows you as your roundstart race, so should the ai treat you as a human if you were a human? Or are you now a non-human.
► Show Spoiler
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: Do you lose your humanity upon being bioscrambled?

Post by Striders13 » #646325

Nah. Fully augged humans are still humans. Same thing.
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #646326

Your humanity doesn't change with organ changes. Limb changes, although usually a bit rarer, do not change your state of humanity either. If it doesn't change your race on the analyzer, you are still human.

I sort of wish cyborgs had a way of seeing who was human according to analyzers though, if you had a lot of people with scrambled limbs you can't really tell who you are supposed to hold your laws to, which isn't really fun. But that's a code issue really.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #646328

If you can't tell at a glance, there's always medical/sec records!
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #646329

My biggest tell is usually speech verbs, so if they're still saying that's usually a good indicator. Otherwise agree that they're basically augs. All that for simplicity though.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #646344

They're human, but admins should be sympathetic to silicons who don't realize if it isn't obvious.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646347

Yeah. The "objective" truth about what a person is classified as to Silicons, is whatever the health analyser says. That's why "Winged Humans" (from drinking the flight potion for example) aren't human because the analyser identifies them as something like Human-derived mutants.

However, we expect sillycones to assume people are human unless some evidence proves otherwise. Which means there are scenarios where a silicon treats a nonhuman as if they were a human, and hasn't broken any rules. (And also the opposite, seeing a human wearing cat ears and assuming they're a felinid if they don't talk)

And the same, if the above winged human had their wings obscured, we wouldn't fault a silicon for treating them as a human.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646392

We're considering the policy question answered on the above two headmin posts from Mothblocks and me, which broadly outline existing policy.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin