Antags recruiting non-antags

whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Antags recruiting non-antags

Post by whodaloo » #78231

I asked an admin online and got a "personally its okay by me", but I'm gonna make a thread so I can get some official opinions.

Is it alright to try and hire greytides to kill your target, using the syndicate cash bundle?
And, more broadly, I guess, when is it okay to cooperate with an antagonist as a non-antag?
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Antags recruiting non-antags

Post by firecage » #78235

Well, the thing that the majority of admins told me is that it is okay, as long as both you and the other person adminhelp it first, so there aren't any problems later on.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #78240

Seems like it would give the opportunity to some interesting RP's. However would be better to ahelp it to give the admins a heads up in case they think you're meta gaming etc.

You have to realise thought asking a non-antag to go on a killing spree is only ever going to get them bwoink and you possibley for baiting. But if you asked someone to "make a distraction in medbay" whilst you say broke in to the bridge, then I think that would be fair enough. You're also risking that the non antag could just turn you in to sec at any given moment, they're not loyal to the syndicate at all.

However I don't want to give it free rain for anyone to just do something under the guise of "that one antag told me to".
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #78246

I feel there is a marked difference between what is described in the rules ('Reasonable cooperation') and outright trying to grant someone a sort of antagonist status.

The money is there to generate cooperation via RP, like buying your steal objective, or paying off a witness. I don't think, however, that you can use it to have someone actually go do some serious antag business like attack Security, kill somebody, destroy a corpse via the gibber/cremator, or anything that would seriously harm other players. Trying to claim that doing so is 'RP' is objectively false in that it implies that the crew at large is just a bunch of sociopathic secret agents waiting to be given 4k in cash so they can abandon their posts and beat someone up, because in reality it is just players hoping that someone will grant them a quasi-antag status.

That being said, it's always interesting to see what creative stuff people try and manipulate others into doing, and I'll never forget the time I paid the HoP 16 cases for 16 clown slots.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #78258

C4 signaller impanted into the chest of a crew member and force them to do stuff under threat of being blown up.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78265

Wait, does C-4 stil gib when you're on the same tile?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #78291

So, I think I draw the line a little further than everyone else, but in my eyes it all comes down to this:
An antag bribing/threatening a crew member to do something? Good.
A crew member demanding/threatening an antag for something? Bad.

Also, if a normal crew member ever approaches you and demands stuff, when you're an antag, ahelp it... Or just murder them in maint, either's good.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #78299

DemonFiren wrote:Wait, does C-4 stil gib when you're on the same tile?
C4 doesn't gib unless you suicide, I believe.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #78670

whodaloo wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Wait, does C-4 stil gib when you're on the same tile?
C4 doesn't gib unless you suicide, I believe.
C4 can no longer be attached to people, but it CAN be implanted in their chest. If it is implanted in the chest of a person, or for other reasons references a mob as it's location, that mob will be gibbed upon the c4 detonating regardless of whether or not they are alive.

It will also gib dead bodies that are within it's explosive radius, because the ex_act() for mobs if, IIRC, a simple if(dead) -> gib.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #78771

What? explosions haven't done that for literally over year, if not two. Everyone used to kill their target/whoever, then just welder bomb for le ebin gib, or even worse, wizards would GIB EVERYTHING with fireball spam, christ that was terrifying.

And c4 CANNOT gib a person outside of suicide - doesn't matter if it's on the same tile as them, the explosion isn't big enough. It only destroys things that it's attached to, as a specific code thing, not from the explosion itself.
Yesterday for example, I put c4 on soap and threw the soap onto the shuttle. Some guy slipped on it, and it exploded under him - he took some damage but was very much alive and ungibbed.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #78789

... THis made me think of a thought I had as a lizard traitor. Subverting the AI with a modified Antimov lawset to facilitate a Lizard Uprising(SInce lizards AREN'T human, they would'nt automatically be subject to the Harm of Antimov), recruiting all lizards to my cause.

But I was thinking this was a REALLY BAD IDEA and kinda dickish since there would be retaliation against all lizards, especially if they weren't antags themselves. Fun as the idea was in my head, I figure it's just probably askin' for a bannin'.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #78827

ThanatosRa wrote:... THis made me think of a thought I had as a lizard traitor. Subverting the AI with a modified Antimov lawset to facilitate a Lizard Uprising(SInce lizards AREN'T human, they would'nt automatically be subject to the Harm of Antimov), recruiting all lizards to my cause.

But I was thinking this was a REALLY BAD IDEA and kinda dickish since there would be retaliation against all lizards, especially if they weren't antags themselves. Fun as the idea was in my head, I figure it's just probably askin' for a bannin'.
If you're a traitor you can upload whateverthefuck you want to the AI, though, short of somehow raping the AI via law upload.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #78835

Drynwyn wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:... THis made me think of a thought I had as a lizard traitor. Subverting the AI with a modified Antimov lawset to facilitate a Lizard Uprising(SInce lizards AREN'T human, they would'nt automatically be subject to the Harm of Antimov), recruiting all lizards to my cause.

If you're a traitor you can upload whateverthefuck you want to the AI, though, short of somehow raping the AI via law upload.
"This law is my penis"
But yeah, that lizard-antimov thing would be fine, and it would actually be pretty interesting, unlike most attempts at AI subversion end up being, which is usually "X is the only human", followed by either "do not mention that and protect me" or "murder everyone"
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #78848

Konork wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:

"This law is my penis"
But yeah, that lizard-antimov thing would be fine, and it would actually be pretty interesting, unlike most attempts at AI subversion end up being, which is usually "X is the only human", followed by either "do not mention that and protect me" or "murder everyone"
It just seems like it would incite a hell of a race war and dick over whatever poor non-antag lizards are on the station.
I should comment that I specified Modified. As in trying to figure out how to word a law to get an Antimov AI to actually protect the lizards.
To clarify, it feels like a HUGE Rule One violation. Hence why I'm glad to have had the wherewithal to NOT do it first chance I get.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #78861

Has potential for both awesome and abuse. Just ahelp before you do something like this so we don't start blasting people for nonantag shenanigans.

If its something like paying someone off for their gear, target items, or to not blab about something you just did then sure, don't even worry about it. Once you start getting into the recruitment for murder it gets sketchy.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #78903

If you upload antimov without specific protect for lizards, the AI will wait long enough for plasma to start flooding then shut down all the emitters. It isn't going to protect lizards, it's going to brutally murder every human it can until there are none left or it dies, and if it survives killing everyone, it will probbably have some corpses borged and have them dissassemble arrivals. Then kill itself.

Antimov is serious shit.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #78986

Saegrimr wrote:Has potential for both awesome and abuse. Just ahelp before you do something like this so we don't start blasting people for nonantag shenanigans.

If its something like paying someone off for their gear, target items, or to not blab about something you just did then sure, don't even worry about it. Once you start getting into the recruitment for murder it gets sketchy.
Heh, honestly I doubt i get to the AI long enough to subvert it. But I was thinking that. Regardless, You can see my record. I rarely play and I'm harmless. For some twisted reason I like the community and would not want to do harm to it.
I suppose I'd probably also have to cover my ass by inciting the other lizards to rebel and join me rather than leave them to their own devices.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #80224

The thing we've always tried to prevent and be wary of with antag cooperation is metafriends recruiting their buddies to form a sort of mini-rev gang to run around as a gank squad.

"HE'S MY IC FRIEND!" traditionally hasn't been a great reason to help them kill people without provocation.

"But my character hates Nanotrasen! I'll take any opportunity to lash out against the station!" is essentially the same as "muh character is socopat i krill for fun". Until the rules get changed that's how it has been.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #84112

Am I allowed to trade antagonist objectives (RD armor, hand tele, etc) to obtain Syndicate items, so long as I know and accept that Sec would likey give me 12 inches of hot, inorganic stun baton for it?
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #84113

I would see no problem with it personally.
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #84385

So in a recent round I used golems and sentient slimes/monsters to create (sadly not too effective) chaos and destruction.

The spider was the best guard spider ever.

I know golems are generally covered by their creation text, what about light pink slime monsters? The text seems a little weaker then the golem one.