Revolutionaries, A brig lost, a tale of two Factions.

PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

Revolutionaries, A brig lost, a tale of two Factions.

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #362106

Bottom post of the previous page:

Is it okay to execute non-implanted people after a catastrophic event happened? What is the threshold of badness do we have to get to before security's aggression inhibitors are turned off? Can we change policy on revolutionary rounds?

Just recently I was banned as HoS during a revolution round. Link to appeal here. The Cobbinator [Excessiveuseofcobby] Had a different opinion on how the situation could have been handled. In the thread we have admin supporting my side, and vice versa. This leaves pretty much an open interpretation when to ban someone by just feeling. In the situation the brig was destroyed. I as HoS made the decision to execute non-implanted crew members. I had previously through out that round. Only executed a Head-rev, and was implanting people never field executing them.

I am aware that when situations get bad security, and heads of staff are allowed to start executing people. I believe that losing the brig to explosions is indeed one of those situations. My personnel investment is that I don't like the note, or the ban I got. I believe that its an honest to god strategy to blow the brig up during rev. It forces the crew to pick a side. Get implanted, or get executed by security. Which fully separates the factions. Revolution is supposed to be a somewhat quick timed round. With admin intervention being lessened than on other rounds.

This is not a ban appeal, or an admin complaint. Cobby feels he is right, and is entitled to his opinion. I have no particular issue with him.

Tl;Dr Revolution is hectic. I think severe damage to the brig should allow security to activate purge the un-implanted/Head mode. I think policy for revolution should be changed to be more exclusive, or inclusive of the ancient execution rights. If I was in the right I don't like notes.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Revolutionaries, A brig lost, a tale of two Factions.

Post by Steelpoint » #363264

Security should try to hold themselves to some standard during Rev rounds, executing people on the spot should be reserved for either when its obvious they are Revs and you don't have time to deconvert them (smashing their head is unreliable) or you are losing control of the situation and need to do something to get back on top.

If you want some legitimacy in executing people near a bomb site, have the station raised to Red Alert, declare martial law and order all crew to remain in their assigned departments (or bar if otherwise) unless they are mindshield implanted. At that point you have some grounds to justify executing someone if they are outside their department, even then I'd say you arrest them and reserve executions for extreme circumstances (as in the reason this thread was made).
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Revolutionaries, A brig lost, a tale of two Factions.

Post by Arianya » #363325

If the station is fine and sec/chain of command pretty much intact then sec shouldn't be bashing people's heads/killing people on suspicion alone.

If the revs are maxcapping sec and a head fears for his life because he's not even certain whos left to protect him then its pretty reasonable to give them some leeway in escalation, barring complete shitterdom murderboner.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg