Admins closing complaints against themselves

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Admins closing complaints against themselves

Post by CPTANT » #140062

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have seen it happen sporadically that admins have closed complaints directed against themselves.

It gives admins the abillity to simply dismiss any discussion about their own conduct and is a complete abuse of power.

Can we please make it clear that this is completely unacceptable behaviour?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Admins closing complaints against themselves

Post by Saegrimr » #141693

Tornadium wrote:Toe what line?

Every single sec ban I have was invalid. No rules were broken nothing. They weren't even close to rule breaking for my security conduct.
My sec conduct was fine in every single circumstance.
There you have it, folks.

The Man Who Will Never Learn
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #141694

Saegrimr wrote:
Tornadium wrote:Toe what line?

Every single sec ban I have was invalid. No rules were broken nothing. They weren't even close to rule breaking for my security conduct.
My sec conduct was fine in every single circumstance.
There you have it, folks.

The Man Who Will Never Learn
I'm sorry what am I meant to be learning?

That I'm a bad sec player because Scones decided to lie about what I did ingame?

I'm a bad sec player because I permabrigged a guy for slipping and disarming officers, fucking with the brig and doors for 40 minutes after being given multiple chances? I'm confused as fuck here dude.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141696

I pity the forum mods here, I really do. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with this...
... do they even get paid?

Back on topic, what should the punishment be for when admins close their own complaints? Deadminning seems a little harsh for one incident (if it's repeated, that's another matter), but there aren't many other punishments you can give an admin. Trialmin probation? A stern talking-to?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #141699

Tornadium his is not your ban appeal or ban request, now gtfo and stop fucking up my thread.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #141700

Man there's some ultra-quality bants up in here.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #141701

TheNightingale wrote:I pity the forum mods here, I really do. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with this...

Back on topic, what should the punishment be for when admins close their own complaints? Deadminning seems a little harsh for one incident (if it's repeated, that's another matter), but there aren't many other punishments you can give an admin. Trialmin probation? A stern talking-to?
if it's a normal admin you can just ask them not to do it again and it's fine, this really hasn't ever been an issue. The only thing different about this case was that ausops realized early on how much of a shitstorm tornadium's constant whining would cause and tried to save us from it, but we didn't listen

we didn't listen
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #141702

CPTANT wrote:Tornadium his is not your ban appeal or ban request, now gtfo and stop fucking up my thread.
Never said it was bro.

My point was that the credibility of the admin locking the complaint has a lot to do with the credibility of the issue.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #141706

Tornadium wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Tornadium his is not your ban appeal or ban request, now gtfo and stop fucking up my thread.
Never said it was bro.

My point was that the credibility of the admin locking the complaint has a lot to do with the credibility of the issue.
Piss off already then.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #141710

Shaps wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:I pity the forum mods here, I really do. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with this...

if it's a normal admin you can just ask them not to do it again and it's fine, this really hasn't ever been an issue. The only thing different about this case was that ausops realized early on how much of a shitstorm tornadium's constant whining would cause and tried to save us from it, but we didn't listen

we didn't listen
It's just completely ineffective to solve an issue by trying to shut everything down. If the original threads were just allowed to run their course everything would have been fine.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #141711

Tornadium wrote:
Never said it was bro.

Piss off already then
fuck i got ninja'd, was going for a chain
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #141714

CPTANT wrote:
Shaps wrote:

we didn't listen
It's just completely ineffective to solve an issue by trying to shut everything down. If the original threads were just allowed to run their course everything would have been fine.
Most likely.

I personally would have preferred to not have had to make 4 threads.

I also personally think that admin complaints are there for a reason, you shouldn't be encouraging just asking another admin to lock a complaint thread about you just because you don't like it.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #141739

Tornadium wrote:(any post)
I guess you expect admins to be super polite and take whatever BS you throw at them. Well I'm not an admin, so let me be the one to tell you to shut the fuck up and stop wasting everyone's time.

The issue was addressed, go be a nuisance to someone else.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #141742

LiamLime wrote:
I guess you expect admins to be super polite and take whatever BS you throw at them. Well I'm not an admin, so let me be the one to tell you to shut the fuck up and stop wasting everyone's time.

The issue was addressed, go be a nuisance to someone else.
I expect to not have admins intentionally lie about what I do ingame to justify bans, and I expect people to come to the same conclusion that it's not bullshit to contest multiple cases of admins lying and exaggerating. I mean that's not up for debate, they were proven lying by logs.

I seriously don't get why so many of you think that I'm the dick for not accepting a series of bans that were based on lies by the admins applying them.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #141747

Tornadium wrote:
LiamLime wrote:
snip

I seriously don't get why so many of you think that I'm the dick for not accepting a series of bans that were based on lies by the admins applying them.
He's almost got the thought everyone. Just a little bit further. Everyone thinks you're the dick except you. Now what should be assumed following that logic. Let's see if he can piece it together.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #141749

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
LiamLime wrote:
snip

He's almost got the thought everyone. Just a little bit further. Everyone thinks you're the dick except you. Now what should be assumed following that logic. Let's see if he can piece it together.
I never denied that people think I'm a dick for contesting bans based on outright lies and exaggeration that can be proven with solid evidence.

I just never understood why you came to that conclusion. I always figured reasonable human beings would fight injustice like that instead of calling people dicks for standing up for themselves.
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #141759

IrishWristWatch0 wrote: I seriously don't get why so many of you think that I'm the dick for not accepting a series of bans that were based on lies by the admins applying them.
Heeey, don't misquote me ;_;
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #141778

Yo so the thing I never understood is everyone saying "just get another forum mod to close it".

How is Ausops going "hey pas close this so i don't have to listen to tornadium's endless torrent of shit" different to Ausops going "im gonna close this so i don't have to listen to tornadium's endless torrent of shit"?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #141780

It's not. This is just drama for drama's sake.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #141782

Does it make any difference if I, someone completely unrelated to the issue, ask for it to be locked? If so, then please lock this. Please send all complaints to my p.o. box in postcard form, thanks.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #141786

TheNightingale wrote: Back on topic, though (remember, this thread isn't actually about Tornadium), admins closing complaints against themselves is Bad And Wrong. Just get another headmin or forum mod to do it.
There you have it
The whole thread done in one small paragraph
The ride ends here
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered