The slow deterioration of round length

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

The slow deterioration of round length

Post by bandit » #179041

Bottom post of the previous page:

As many people are aware, round lengths have been drifting shorter and shorter and shorter, to the point where it is now commonplace for people to bitch that the round is still ongoing when it hasn't even been 30 minutes. Despite the fact that there is a RIDICULOUS amount of ghost roles, some of which are arguably even more fun than available station roles.

Code changes haven't been sufficient to stop this. So what we need is a policy change. Namely: I think admins should start enforcing the "you must provide a reasonable excuse to call the shuttle." As in, you must actually make an attempt to fix shit before doing so, similar to the rules about early launches. Honestly, it's a shame things have even gotten to this point to begin with, but the idea of people actually trying to do their jobs seems to have totally fallen by the wayside.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: The slow deterioration of round length

Post by paprika » #186021

PKPenguin321 wrote:
cocothegogo wrote:i think that centcom should be able to deny an escape shuttle
they can already do this it's just that they don't wanna deal with negative backlash from players
BUT WE'RE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: The slow deterioration of round length

Post by Cheridan » #186059

PKPenguin321 wrote:
cocothegogo wrote:i think that centcom should be able to deny an escape shuttle
they can already do this it's just that they don't wanna deal with negative backlash from players
That's not the case. Admins constantly disable Mulligan from firing, almost 100% of the time. They want minirounds as much as anyone.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.