MSO's foot is down. Not for Trials and TERBulations.

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

MSO's foot is down. Not for Trials and TERBulations.

Post by Falamazeer » #90431

Bottom post of the previous page:

MrStoneOne wrote:Now look. I was on the free terbs train. I was the person who decided to ignore the blacklist and let him on the forums, I was all for and happy with the idea of unbanning him for april furst. But recent events can't be ignored.

As multiple people in the thread have noted, terb's habit of trying to encourage somebody to commit suicide happened as recently as a week ago.

Considering certain events from the past few months on that topic, I'm gonna put my foot down, sans a unanimous objection from headmin bus, This appeal is closed, and terbs will not be getting unblacklisted.
Let's not kickstart the terbs appeal again, it's locked, but he graciously left the poll thread open, continue discussion there.

This is a complaint about Mr.stonedones handling of the case, I have three major grievances which I will list:

One: Does he even have the right to do this? Apparently it's not spelled out.
oranges wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Yeah i thought we specifically had a discussion on how MSO was not going to do any of this type of shit after SoS left.
It was never resolved in any concrete way other than some vague promises.
And yet he stepped in and took over despite Bluespace having volunteered first, he took it upon himself to 'host up' like SoS

Two: This fucks with singulo in ways that either make it useless for its intended purpose (Saying what you want without it getting used against you)
Or make it abuse able because it's impossible to say whether or not a user said something.

And Three, Requiring UNANIMOUS headmins to overturn it, This much like him handling it at all sets a precedent, it's much less likely to get all three headmins to agree on anything, ever.
a majority should be sufficient.

I'd also like to add a minor policy issue to the talking points on continuing to allow suicidal talk on any boards affiliated with /tg/ Not victim blaming, just saying, it's sad that people are sad, but we're not equipped to handle this.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Falamazeer

Re: MSO's foot is down. Not for Trials and TERBulations.

Post by Falamazeer » #90551

Jesus christ, It's not because you disagreed, it's because you took the opportunity to fuck up multiple pages of content so you could get at anon3 in a thread you barely gave a fuck about, and then continued it in one I very specifically tried to seperate from those threads to prevent the very same problem

I literately called it hours ago
"So... I guess the strategy of the day is to shit on the thread long enough to get it locked, then nobody has to seriously consider unbanning someone they never played with because they are spessman babbies."
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90554

Well at least I can go to bed happy tonight knowing I saved Gotham City from the evil Puguin by valiantly shitposting in his threads, because its totally and 100% all my effort is why the appeal got turned down.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #90560

Are you really annoyed Saegrimr posted in that thread and basically blew Anon the fuck out? Are you aware that Anon was just trying to get Terbs unbanned to see if he could do it? What content are you talking about? It was a couple pages of some middle aged guy who has lost it defending a shitty player and person while everyone else basically repeated themself.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #90571

I can't believe I still give a fuck about you people sometimes.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90599

How about this then. Everyone please stop posting about Terbs, Anon3, or Seag. Just stop. All we need is for MSO to come in here and post what he believes the extent of his power is as host, and other people who want to discuss it. If a forum admin with some sense like PAS or Jeb could start deleting all unrelated posts or moving them to another thread that would be great. Come the fuck on people, we do not need a shitstorm of drama every few months
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90617

MSO can technically do anything he wants as long as it's in the best interest of the community. I've been here for 4 years off and on, if I trust anyone to use that power well, it's him.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90630

Don't get me wrong, I think MSO is doing a good job a host. I just thought that it was decided that since the host no longer pays the bills they would no longer have this kind of power. I am curious why he has yet to say anything on the issue, I feel like it is pretty important
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #90642

AdenAbrafo wrote:Are you really annoyed Saegrimr posted in that thread and basically blew Anon the fuck out?
Don't think you read the same thread as everyone else.
Are you aware that Anon was just trying to get Terbs unbanned to see if he could do it?
Wrong again.

The only thing people are aware of when it comes to your posts is how inconsoleably butt-frustrated you are when you follow me around to different threads just to shitpost "UGH ITS ANONE I HATE THAT GUY UGH".

Keep those crybaby bitch tears flowing though I need to drink something that isn't liqour from time to time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90645

If you want to be taken seriously don't start flinging low insults and 'crybaby tears' comments at one another.

Stooping that low simply undermines your position and makes this whole debate look pathetic for all sides involved.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90648

Gayden isn't here to debate.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #90650

This thread is pointless. Either MSO explains himself, or he doesn't, or all three headmins agree to veto. Everything else is just circle jerking.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90652

bandit wrote:This thread is pointless. Either MSO explains himself, or he doesn't, or all three headmins agree to veto. Everything else is just circle jerking.
EDIT: Okay beyond empty-quoting but

Does anyone do roundtables anymore? Weren't those a good idea? I thought people liked the chance to actually talk to us about stuff. Maybe it's time for the RoundTerbsel?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #90667

In all seriousness... An0n3, I was under the impression you'd left the community forever? Is this no longer the case?
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #90673

lol anon can you post that video you shared on singulo that was you going on about how you were finally able to leave or something that one was great

also posting in like 3 threads =/= following you around but whatever makes you feel better i guess :honkman:

edit: for the fuck of it im going to ask why you appealed for terbs since you bothered to refute that
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #90684

My understanding of what happened was that Anon posted an appeal for someone,
the original banning/blacklisting admin is no longer here,
thus it gets passed over to the headmins,
none showed up,
the thread descended into petty bullshit,
MSO locks the thread and turns the decision over to the headmins.

Does anyone really think that he would keep the thread locked or act against one of the headmins deciding to step in?

That thread was FULL of hyperbole, the unanimous thing sounded like more of the same.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90723

It's off topic but I said I quit playing/hosting/administrating/etc.

I specifically said I still had friends in the community and would continue to chat with them, play games with them, etc. I'm running a game of Traveller for some folks on these forums right now. Somehow I'm still managing to contribute more to the community than some of you.

I made an appeal for Terbs because I think he should unbanned. Why the fuck else would I do that?

Here's a question for you: Literally who are you? The only reason I've acknowleged that you exist is because all you seem to do here is follow me from thread to thread to shitpost. I don't know why you have such a grudge against me or why you think anyone would care that you do.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #90735

Alright, look. Either this thread stays on topic about why MSO has veto power on ban appeals or it gets shitcanned. If you chucklefucks can't separate this from FREE TERBS then we won't have the discussion at all.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90746

You're a board moderator. Just delete all the crap please. Not like I haven't tried reporting some of this crap.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #90751

Vekter wrote:Alright, look. Either this thread stays on topic about why MSO has veto power on ban appeals or it gets shitcanned. If you chucklefucks can't separate this from FREE TERBS then we won't have the discussion at all.
Is there really anything more to be said without MSO responding to this thread or any other head admin response?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #90753

Tsaricide wrote:
Vekter wrote:Alright, look. Either this thread stays on topic about why MSO has veto power on ban appeals or it gets shitcanned. If you chucklefucks can't separate this from FREE TERBS then we won't have the discussion at all.
Is there really anything more to be said without MSO responding to this thread or any other head admin response?
Not really, truth be told. Just a log of speculation.

I'll point MSO here later tonight when he's actually active.
Spoiler:

Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90763

I tried so hard to not engage, and even tried to get people to stop, I have no faith this is going anywhere.

Final notes before I wash my hands of it, I really hope I don't get labeled as a shit stirrer, and anyone who reads it acknowledges my best effort to keep things on point, despite my worser nature to arugue until the subject is deflated and dead.

Why can't we have nice things?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #90766

Falamazeer wrote:I tried so hard to not engage, and even tried to get people to stop, I have no faith this is going anywhere.

Final notes before I wash my hands of it, I really hope I don't get labeled as a shit stirrer, and anyone who reads it acknowledges my best effort to keep things on point, despite my worser nature to arugue until the subject is deflated and dead.

Why can't we have nice things?
Because the playerbase has this ridiculous and (mostly) unwarranted idea that the adminbus is only here to ruin their fun and fuck everything up.
Spoiler:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #90832

Void Slayer wrote: MSO locks the thread and turns the decision over to the headmins.

Does anyone really think that he would keep the thread locked or act against one of the headmins deciding to step in?
I'm gonna put my foot down, sans a unanimous objection from headmin bus, This appeal is closed, and terbs will not be getting unblacklisted.
This doesn't look like turning the decision over to the heads, it looks like making a decision for them, something I'm vehemently opposed to.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90856

This thread has "NOT FOR TERBS" in the damn title, just delete every post which talks about terb's ban, terbs as a player, or terb's ban appeal.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90868

This whole thread is a fucking disaster I'm locking it.

MSO has been nothing but great this entire time, lets us make every decision and even when he "put his foot down" he said we could overrule him. He has yet to make a bad call.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #91108

Ok, so I only just now noticed this thread existed.

A little bit you all don't know, on monday, the day after this all blew up, I was rushed to the ER over an infection on one of my tooths that spread overnight saturday night to my sinuses, and spread overnight sunday night to my tear ducts, meaning it was starting to affect my vision.

I've been on prescription painkillers and copious amounts of marijuana as well as corticosteroids and super strong antibiotics and just haven't had much of the time or energy or clarity of mind to do much other than check in and skim around.

anyways, this is gonna sound rambly because I'm super high on high CDB weed and a hydrocodone, and i'm gonna build this by copy pasting what i've already said on singulo and build on that. but lets plow thru this:
Technically speaking, I have the power sos once had by virtue of being the only person with remote access to the vm host machine the server's vms run off of.

Basically speaking, I've volunteered over most power to the headmins.

For instance, my vote, the host vote, will be going to the headmins next election where they can either give it to coderbus, give it to the player base or admins as a second vote, or unanimously pick a non-current headmin. Failing any agreement on those options, I'll just pick somebody

When people ask me to change some probability of game modes or change a config setting, i tell them to ask the headmins, (who all have remote and the power to handle doing that themselves)

I mainly handle sysadmin stuff (like disabling blob when it crashes the server twice in a row), and stepping to help the headmins come to an agreement on something.

Moving on:

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding of what the blacklist is.

The blacklist was, in at least sos's days, the host's do not unban if you don't want to get deadmined for unbanning, list.

Its the host's super banned person list.

Control over that was just assumed by everybody, headmins included to go to me. When kavaloosh asked to appeal his blacklist, sticky, and hg both told him to talk to me.

They even messaged me when he made his appeal here on the forums.

(this was after I had explicitly stated to the headmins they had full control)

So ya, control over the blacklist was handed to me. It's always been the "do not unban without host approval if you don't want to get deadmined" list, so that makes sense.

(And might have even unblacklisted kava if he had made an appeal where he actually avoided doing the thing he got blacklisted for. No, I'm not gonna blacklist somebody purely for being transphobic. But come on, if you appeal a ban for something, you don't do that thing you got banned for in the ban appeal, I couldn't approve that… thats just on principle.
He still would have had that chance if he hadn't blatantly admitted to never changing, and only hiding his rule breaking, metacomming, and making up lies to get away with in game shitty behavior.)

Anywho,

Those are my thoughts on the matter.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: