Post by Aranclanos » #116043

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why is this allowed?
I accept donations, click here
Vaegir Guard
Byond Username: Vaegir Sharpshooter

Re: OOC in IC

Post by Vaegir Guard » #118314

Aran i'm starting to think you have something against memes,I also apologize to everyone who were offended by my "spam"

Cheers and :whiskey:
captain planet wuz her
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #119028

There must be an acceptable level of OOC. Explaining actions or jobs to people requires discussing mouse clicks and certain keys, explaining to retards how to uncheck whatever team antag mode they have no clue of how to play should also be acceptable.
Last edited by Tunder on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #119029

That's already fine, nobody really cares about game help like that unless its overly disruptive like over the radio with constant "HOW DO PUT PANTS ON" "WELL CLICK THE BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM LEFT-" etc.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #119513

You can put pants on? Do you just attach them to your jumpsuit or something or...
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #119531

Well maybe not pants, but there are boxing shorts.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #119548

There are pants though, check the clothin vendor.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #120159

When people say memes does this mean OOC memes [Ayy Lmaos, JOHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, etc.], memes that are derived from the game [Mekhi goes on the Table, Lewdbe Slutsu, DeathSquids, etc.], or a combination? I wanna make sure I can tell mekhi to go on the table with impunity.

Also I find way more OOC memes present in admin scenarios [IE in events, centcomm reports, mob names, etc.] than I do in players [Captain's Announcement, CMO's Suit Sensor Memes, Conversations, etc.], may just be [un]luck though.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #120176

I thought this would be mainly about those assholes that think they can say ooc shit in brackets.

((You arrest me for no reason, enjoy ban))

THAT kind of shitters.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #120186

CPTANT wrote:I thought this would be mainly about those assholes that think they can say ooc shit in brackets.

THAT kind of shitters.
I use OOC brackets when referring to something that requires you to click X, drag X to your sprite, etc. along with saying things like "Going to a chemist convention ((afk)), I'll be back shortly."

Is that wrong?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #120190

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
CPTANT wrote:I thought this would be mainly about those assholes that think they can say ooc shit in brackets.

THAT kind of shitters.
I use OOC brackets when referring to something that requires you to click X, drag X to your sprite, etc. along with saying things like "Going to a chemist convention ((afk)), I'll be back shortly."

Is that wrong?
I just lean on the fourth wall and say shit like "imagine your entire existence was a video game, and the physical manifestation of objects are called "sprites". Now, "drag" your "sprite" onto the chair's "sprite"..."
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #120194

Shaps wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:

THAT kind of shitters.

Is that wrong?
I just lean on the fourth wall and say shit like "imagine your entire existence was a video game, and the physical manifestation of objects are called "sprites". Now, "drag" your "sprite" onto the chair's "sprite"..."
.... now I want to make a chaplain of the Holy Cursor or something.