Doing something to the point it disrupts others repeatedly

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Doing something to the point it disrupts others repeatedly

Post by J_Madison » #158637

Bottom post of the previous page:

This covers everything that players do, over, and over, again expecting things to change.

i.e. murderbone every round as traitor, rushing away mission and validhunting with gear, superviruses to everyone, hulk and xray to everyone for more than 3 rounds in a row during most days of the week.

It seems anything remotely !FUN! is abused to the point where a nerf is mandatory to keep rounds from being disrupted.

You have seen it recently with changes to hulk due to everyone having hulk within 10 minutes of the round, every round for a week.
Away missions have been removed as of such.

If the only way you play traitor is to murderbone, release singulo and lag the server out, it should probably change.
Likewise, if you only play to give everyone stimulants healing viruses with xray, hulk, and coldresist, rounds become stale.

You can order takeout, but you should not only order takeout.

The idea behind implementing this policy is to create the rule of "Play with your toys, but do not break them for others", and to enforce the change of roles and gameplay.

Essentially, this is taking action against those players, rather than punishing content and gameplay based upon a small minority.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Doing something to the point it disrupts others repeated

Post by Screemonster » #166593

Malkevin wrote:The only policy that should be enacted is that if you're intentionally being disruptive you void your right to complain when security sends you off to the gulag to die, and don't be surprised if the crew takes matters into their own hands and lynches you.
tgchan has a MUD, and their rules page literally says:
Making a character that ICly griefs people means they have no defense against other characters ICly lynching them.
I mean I really can't say anything bad about this policy.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #166667

Screemonster wrote:
Making a character that ICly griefs people means they have no defense against other characters ICly lynching them.
I mean I really can't say anything bad about this policy.
Act like an antag, get treated like an antag. I think if someone starts flooding the halls with bluespace tomatoes anyone should be able to kill them for it.
--Crocodillo

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #166681

Its funny its taken about three years for people to finally accept the rules as TLE originally intended them to be.
Last edited by Malkevin on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #166685

B-but without policy for everything, how will I know what to do when the spaceman griff!?!?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz