Can you attack the HOS for mutilating crew w/o explanation?

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Can you attack the HOS for mutilating crew w/o explanation?

Post by Oldman Robustin » #199612

Bottom post of the previous page:

Tried to bring this up in Asay and Shadowlight blew of all my limbs and tongue (what a great admin!) for trying to discuss policy with a Headmin (the horror!).

So let's get this squared away because I can't stand inconsistent policy and the fact people get banned/free pass depending on who's sitting in the bus.

1) HoS starts chopping the limbs off someone in public, they're valid to the HOS but nobody else knows this or knows why that person is having their limbs chopped off
2) HoS offers no explanatiion in advance for why they're mutilating people
3) Random crew attack HoS to stop him from being an utter psychopath

Who's in the right here? How far can the crew go in trying to stop the HoS or get revenge for their de-limbed crewmate?

My stance was that if you want to act like a sadistic psychopath as HoS, it's valid, but the HoS also makes themselves valid if they don't even bother to explain why they're acting like an unhinged nutjob. Shaps disagrees and thinks its bannable to attack the HOS under those circumstances. As it stands, certain admins will ban you for attacking the HOS under those circumstances and other admins will say "Its an IC issue". Having inconcistency in our decisions is a bad place to be and this is not an overly complex fact-set, so how about we get a ruling on just how much information you need before attacking a Cap/HOS who's doing their best KGB impression.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: Can you attack the HOS for mutilating crew w/o explanati

Post by Davidchan » #200390

Literally what the antag protected roll was doing J. Acting like an antag and deposing loyal crew.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: Can you attack the HOS for mutilating crew w/o explanati

Post by J_Madison » #200393

If acting like antag treated like antag. That's an IC issue and unless the player just happens to have a history of purposely escalating fights, baiting fights, and acting like an antag, I see no reason to do anything.