Emagging/Force launching the shuttle as non antag

mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Emagging/Force launching the shuttle as non antag

Post by mrpain » #21116

Earlier today I was captain in a round with nuke ops. Very, very slow starting nuke ops. I dont think they even showed up until close to 30 minutes into the round. They blow coms, I call the shuttle, they get dealt with. As most of you know already, sometimes when Nuke Ops get dunked, stray pieces of their gear get left behind and picked up by the crew, and used.

When the shuttle arrived, I had just barely gotten on with the disk when someone who I assume was a non antag emagged his way into the control room and emagged the console, forcing a 10 second launch timer. Had I not arrived at the window of time that I did, this would have caused nuke ops to get a minor victory.

What's the deal with this? I don't mean to put words in our Dear Leader's mouth, but I'm pretty sure SoS stated that this behavior, among force starting the shuttle with 3 command ID's by one person without a damn good reason is a bannable offense under rule one.

Is this policy?
/vg/station Head Admin
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Emagging/Force launching the shuttle as non antag

Post by paprika » #21119

Well they're obviously valid, but as far as banning goes yeah the admins have been increasingly lax in regards to early launches and emagging the shuttle as a non-antag. But I think the real problem lies in the lack of people reporting said instances.

Did you ahelp? These things are logged. If you can remember the time it was, put it in a ban request.

Yes it's bannable to use traitor gear to do stupid shit as non-antag that's pretty much a given. Even launching the shuttle as a head with 3 auths FNR is fucking stupid and worth a warning at least, but that's a lot more rare.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #21120

A few days ago I was a head and I had an emag I'd taken from a downed traitor on the way to to escape. Someone comes into the bridge, and I didn't even look at who they are, said, "We're ready to launch."
I glanced out at the airlocks and didnt' see anyone coming in, so I emagged it. I got a 15 minute ban, it turned out the guy saying ready to launch was an assistant.

So the admins are penalizing people for this.
Winsome Lousome - A Winsome lass with criminal tendencies.
Kwisatz Haderach - Blue haired prophet of engineering.
Steals-The-Thing - That fucking ligger stole the pen out of my PDA.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #21126

paprika wrote:Did you ahelp? These things are logged. If you can remember the time it was, put it in a ban request.
No but I should have. I was in a hurry to leave and make dinner. I'd make a request but I cannot remember the guy's name. This was the only time I was captaining today, could they investigate off of that?
/vg/station Head Admin
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #21127

Absolutely, if you remember your name they can look up the round. Make a ban request with a rough estimate time and say you were the captain, an admin can certainly look into it for you.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #21145

paprika wrote:Absolutely, if you remember your name they can look up the round. Make a ban request with a rough estimate time and say you were the captain, an admin can certainly look into it for you.
Alright lets see what happens.

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1040
/vg/station Head Admin
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #21192

I'm pretty sure this is very bannable, to the point where heads that early launch it for no reason all get jobbans. UIf they have a good reason, like, for example, if nuke op is just outside cockpit, it's all good though.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #21200

I thought nuke ops was one of the few cases where quicklaunching the shuttle was acceptable (gotta get that disk outta there, you never know how many ops remain)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #21211

Solo Early launching without a good IC reason ("Because I wanted traitors to lose" doesn't count) will usually net you a shuttle grief ban; Longer if you were warned before or it was done for powergaming/metagaming reasons.

"Early Launching" in this case refers to a single person emagging the shuttle, or a single person using three separate IDs to early launch it without anyone else's consent. Early launches prompted by separate individuals should, for the most part barring special circumstances, be handled as an IC issue.

The Idea is that early launches should be handled IC, and measures (3 auth requirement) exist to keep it fair. Deciding entirely by yourself that everyone that wasn't able to get on board should be abandoned and subverting the auth requirement is extremely selfish and a dick move.
bandit wrote:I thought nuke ops was one of the few cases where quicklaunching the shuttle was acceptable (gotta get that disk outta there, you never know how many ops remain)
Part of the problem mentioned was that they early launched without a concern about the disk's whereabouts. The Captain was only barely able to make it on board before it launched.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #43579

OK, so I was told that the policy here changed. In game earlier, I was captain, there were a lot of screams over radio that the singlo was in science and to take the arrivals pods, etc. I made it to the shuttle, and two people in the cockpit had early-swiped. I was the third, shuttle left early, then BWOINK:

Admin PM from Leibniz: "Why did you launch the shuttle early?"
Me: "Reports over radio that the singularity was in science and heading toward escape. Also, three people swiped, I was only one of them."
Admin PM from Leibniz: "OK, but for future reference all the people who swiped are responsible for an early launch."

When did this happen? This thread suggests... nothing of the sort. It wasn't a force swipe, three separate people did it.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #43585

You're right, it's not something you should have been pinged about. As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed since my last post here.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #43587

IC wise (and even ooc wise often) It's hard to be 100% sure that all the ops are dead. So while I wouldn't early launch in this situation, even the possibility of ops still alive, is a fairly decent reason to do so.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #43711

Ikarrus wrote:"Early Launching" in this case refers to a single person emagging the shuttle, or a single person using three separate IDs to early launch it without anyone else's consent.
Why would it refer to only a single person?
This is what the text is:
Attention:
2 more authorization(s) needed until shuttle is launched early
Ikarrus wrote: Early launches prompted by separate individuals should, for the most part barring special circumstances, be handled as an IC issue.
So if three people happen to be on the shuttle who just want to redtext everyone while there is no actual emergency they are free to do it? (not a rare thing)

I think this is enabling mob mentality.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #43716

Intigracy wrote:Because it's three people making a concious decision to launch rather than just one person.
The average ammount of thought that goes into an early launch:
Person 1: "Fuck this round, let's hurry up"
Person 2: "Huh? I am swiping too, they cant blame me if I am not alone"
Person 3: "Aayyyyyyyy"

>One person launches for no reason: grief
>Three people do the same thing that has the exactly same effect: somehow not grief
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #43791

Everything Ikarrus has said so far I concur with 100%.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: