Let’s instantly remove the ability of banned players to post in the players club

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Let’s instantly remove the ability of banned players to post in the players club

Post by The Wrench » #690019

See the title.

I believe this is self-explanatory enough. If you were Perma banned in game, you were no longer a player. You should lose your ability to peanut post immediately instead of waiting to lose your player certification for the month.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Let’s instantly remove the ability of banned players to post in the players club

Post by Vekter » #690021

I'm actually for this, but I'm worried about the logistics when it comes to appealing bans.

E: Also this should only apply to permanently banned players, not temporarily banned ones.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Let’s instantly remove the ability of banned players to post in the players club

Post by Archie700 » #690054

Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:59 am I'm actually for this, but I'm worried about the logistics when it comes to appealing bans.

E: Also this should only apply to permanently banned players, not temporarily banned ones.
Permanently banned players would probably screw over themselves by posting in the player's club anyway.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #690184

This isn't an issue. Just wait a month.
Image Image
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #690189

Nah. I don’t want to watch banned shitters pollute the players club.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #690266

Adam Klein wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:46 pm I don’t want to watch banned shitters pollute the players club.
The board's already full of people who don't play the game. I don't see how this would change anything.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #690327

it took like 6 years for mso to code to the bit that checks players playtime to allow forum access, it will probably take another six to implement something like this
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #690328

oranges wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:13 am it took like 6 years for mso to code to the bit that checks players playtime to allow forum access, it will probably take another six to implement something like this
What if we assigned the permabanned to a role that removes access to player's club regardless of playtime instead
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #690365

I generally disagree with this because it prevents banned players posting in their own peanuts regardless of whether the ban was valid or not.

Plus I think it's fun to see permabanned players desperately making the most of their players club privilege until one day their timer expires and they fade into dust.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #690513

As timber has posted his take I will post mine and close of the thread at the same time- it's funny to watch people's posting fizzle out as we stray further from their ban and eventually stop. For that reason I have no interest in changing it.