Engineering job bans

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Engineering job bans

Post by InsaneHyena » #153679

Hello. During last few weeks I've seen a lot of cases of engineering staff so incompetent, they manage to release singulo/tesla/both right at the roundstart. Can we please job ban those people for a while, if the engine gets loose before shuttle even refuels?
Bring back papercult.

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: Engineering job bans

Post by callanrockslol » #154951

Incompetence isn't banworthy, the only reason it doesn't tend to escape early anymore is because of the buffs to protecting it and there are more competent people rather than swarms of new players.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #154952

The occasional early accidental release is amusing. When it happens multiple times in a row it's plain fucking shit.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #154959

Especially if it happens several times in a row, with the same people, who keep recalling with a plucky but very dumb "we can fix this" attitude. Tesla loose? Whoops, but it's gone. Won't do the same with the singulo. Wait, where's the singulo? Ah well, better not call the shuttle, we have the solars. A powersink? Hmm. Don't worry, things are only on hold for the entire station while we muddle through.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #154968

Teslaloose and Singuloose are basically "Call the Shuttle, shit's fucked harder than a triple-cunted hooker". Tesla and singulo don't leave the z-level by my observation and the laws of probability are generally in favour of it *will* come back and it *will* fuck shit up eventually.
Anyone I see re-calling I consider to be either a criminal, incompetent or criminally incompetent. Either way, they're getting their ID taken away until the PNR hits.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #155021

callanrockslol wrote:Incompetence isn't banworthy, the only reason it doesn't tend to escape early anymore is because of the buffs to protecting it and there are more competent people rather than swarms of new players.
This is the #1 myth in SS13 history.

The ratio of new v. experienced, knowledgable v. clueless, has been roughly the same for the better part of a decade in my experience.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #155022

Can I ask how people fail to setup the engine properly when there's both a wiki [ooc] and a book [ic] that guides you step by step on how to do this properly, along with a radio to ask for help [ic] and an adminhelp feature[ooc]? That's at least 4 different things right off the top of my head that you can do to avoid IT'S LOOSE CALL THE SHUTTLE, WAIT WE CANT BECAUSE IT'S TOO EARLY IN THE ROUND where 2 of them keep your immershunz.

If you have no idea what you're doing to a game-critical device and you refuse to seek help so said device ruins the entire station, then you should not be playing a role critical to the station's survival like engineer.

TBH I can't fathom someone "just joining" [as in SS13, not TGstation] and not asking for help on how to setup such a device unless they're just here to grief.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #155216

Take charge and lead the new players into getting good. This is a game about interaction between people.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #155234

Usually if the singulo gets loosed by a non antag I'll bwoink the person responsible for it once people start yelling singuloose over the radio. Jobbans are only really placed if it was done multiple times or if it was deemed possibly malicious.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #155236

Accidentally loosing the singulo once is fine. First time it happened to me was when someone mixed up some steps in the wiki's set-up guide to fuck with newbies setting up the engine
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #155248

I have to wonder what the fuck is the CE doing?

Is there no CE and 4 engineers and each one of them fucks off except for the starry-eyed newbie who wants to set up the engine?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #155249

Setting up the engine is not hard if you follow the guide step by step, it is just a lot of pressure. If you fuck up things go really bad. Also unless it is already in the guide it should be added that when you pick an engine you need to move the other generator far away from the PA. I had a player leave the tesla in containment and drag the singulo generator just above containment without bringing it inside. The PA beam generated a tesla inside the containment field, and then a singulo just outside it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster