Pharmacy

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Pharmacy

Post by Zaffre » #106885

Replace chemistry with a pharmacy. A place where the pharmacist (maybe a new job?) sits in and dispenses medicines to the crew. The drugs will be kept in those medicine fridges and there would be separate fridges for each type of damage. The medicines would be delivered to the pharmacy by the chemists, which will now be where medical storage is and medical storage will be where the patient rooms are. Chemistry will be pretty much the same apart from flipped around a bit.

I literally just thought of this as I'm trying to get to sleep but I didn't want to forget it. Will maybe update and go more in depth after work tomorrow.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Pharmacy

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #106886

Chemistry as fine as is, this literally just sounds like a reskin of chemistry to make it more civilian.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #106943

How about you don't even try to update and go more in-depth with anything about this.

This is literally a job based around loading pill bottles and the smart fridge. You can fill a pill bottle straight out of a chemmaster. Its already part of the workflow of an existing job. Why the fuck would that be a separate job when having the chemists do it themselves is faster, better and leaves them in a position to make drugs for people on demand with minimal hassle?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #106944

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Chemistry as fine as is, this literally just sounds like a reskin of chemistry to make it more civilian.
This.

Unless there are more differences we're not picking up on.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #106953

The only thing I really think chemistry could use is like a storage vendor. Basically a vending machine that only chemists have access to where they can store chemicals that they're not quite ready to use but also don't want doctors and assistants getting their hands on. You know, for the sake of organization without having a million fucking bottles laying around.
Spoiler:
some recipes that utilize cold temperatures would be pretty neat too but I guess that's for another thread.
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #106954

Well it sounded like a good idea at the time, but yeah I realise it is kinda pointless. I was just thinking that the chemists wouldn't have to leave the pills on the table for everyone to chomp down. Another thing I thought it might do was remove chemistry from the public eye allowing for more nefarious activity maybe? And if you leave chemistry the whole station doesn't know you left like they would now. You'd make a fuck tonne of drugs to keep the pharmacy happy then you could probably fuck off without anyone missing you for a while.

Well at least that was my idea behind it but oh well, maybe it's more of a bay thing.