Side antag Vampire [paid code]

A place to record your ideas for the game.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Side antag Vampire [paid code]

Post by J_Madison » #120246

You are a Vampire! As a vampire, you are not living and can sustain damage that would cripple or kill a normal human easily, but must consume blood from humans, preferably living humans, though you can also consume blood that has splashed on the ground or from blood bags.

Vampires start off like normal crew, but can be detected extremely easily and have incredibly obvious skills.
Vampires have kill, steal, and drain objectives

Vampires on have three skills:
Drain
Transform bat
Summon casket
Quickgrab (quickchoke)

Leaving a casket causes nearby targets to be confused.

Vampires can use lockers as Ghetto caskets.

Their objective is to survive.
Last edited by J_Madison on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: VTM and DarkEden Vampires [paid code] [WIP]

Post by Scones » #120247

coonstation lol

Jokes aside, the biggest issue that comes to mind is the whole "injury resistance" thing, because TG med is only surface level complexity in the form of raw damage numbers, with nothing to really... Ignore. The system works fine with Lifeweb's PAIN, and even pretty alright with Bay's more complex injuries that would normally make a limb unusable; that said, I think it'd just be awful here.

Vitae = health is just kind of strange in general, I guess.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: VTM and DarkEden Vampires [paid code] [WIP]

Post by J_Madison » #120282

Scones wrote:coonstation lol

Jokes aside, the biggest issue that comes to mind is the whole "injury resistance" thing, because TG med is only surface level complexity in the form of raw damage numbers, with nothing to really... Ignore. The system works fine with Lifeweb's PAIN, and even pretty alright with Bay's more complex injuries that would normally make a limb unusable; that said, I think it'd just be awful here.

Vitae = health is just kind of strange in general, I guess.
Changed it to be much simpler, and be a side antag.
Scones

Re: Side antag Vampire [paid code]

Post by Scones » #120285

Check out Spheretech's sprites and try to get a hold of him. He made some KILLER vampire sprites.
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #120303

If I wanted to be friends with the vamp, could I just put my blood into a beaker and let them have it? Last time I checked you don't take damage from drawing your own blood.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #120308

hell i'll code this without pay
if i have nothing else to do anyway
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Scones

Post by Scones » #120312

Needs something to prevent infinite harmless monkey blood farming
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #120313

monkey blood has no blood type as I recall

maybe monkey blood also tastes intolerably shit we'll never know
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #120331

Scones is right though, Vampires won't really work until we have internal organs/dismemberment/not useless bleeding. The only reason they work in lifeweb is because of them not feeling Pain, meaning they can just keep going until they stub their toe on a silver fork and instantly explode into gore. I've slashed every single artery on a vampire, making it so it had literally no more blood and it was still alive.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS