Anti ERT

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Anti ERT

Post by Helios » #122888

When you log into a communications console you can request an ERT and communicate with centcomm. When you hack a comms console with an emag you can send a message to the syndicate.
There should also be the option to request support from the syndicate. This would be influenced by whether or not you completed your objectives and so on, and would be an IC justification for button pressing.
This could also bring up syndicate death squads who's job it is to extract specific traitors and so on. Stuff like "we're sending artillery" IE meteors. If there's an active virologist they could spread disease among the crew etc. Just button pressing with IC reasons so people get less salty
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Anti ERT

Post by Zilenan91 » #122955

I know other servers have something like this where they can call in a syndicate strike team to help them out if they emag a comms console and send a message out. It seems like it would be a really neat thing to have.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122960

you cant directly request and ert though its done in the same way as any other communication with centcom
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #123016

The current system can already be used for this. Just use a Centcomm message to ask for an ERT, or a Syndicate message to ask for a Syndicate strike team.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #123080

This is mostly possible since admins have a create syndie team button and admins can just spawn themselves in and give them custom objectives/explain shit.

Admins can also create custom outfits and rightclick select custom outfit for dudes now so anti-ERT is very much a possible thing, just that it's far harder to make a situation where it's appropriate for admins to spawn in a team of antags.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #123142

Ricotez how do you send a Syndicate message?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #123145

emag a comms console and you get a special thing.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #123147

Oh so you can already do this.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123562

yeah and the great part is that its the one emaging thats easy to cover up theres a button right on it to fix it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #123568

Finally, a reason to use the syndicate ERT suits.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: