Spiders and their bites

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Spiders and their bites

Post by Anonmare » #132585

REMOVE MORPHINE FROM SPIDERS
MORPHINE IS WORST REAGENT

Seriously, one bite from a spider and it's GG no re. It's way more effective than any toxin with poison damage is and it puts you down for literally half an hour. I'd take literally anything over morphine.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Spiders and their bites

Post by invisty » #132587

Anonmare wrote:literally
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Mime: Depresso
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #132589

[youtube]99hDl0eQMR8[/youtube]
I lurk quite often...
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #132590

invisty wrote:
Anonmare wrote:literally
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I literally know what literally means. Are you literally trying to start literal shit with me over literally the use of the word "literally"?

And yes I know but come on fam, don't make fun of the way I talk/type. It's a bit low to be quite honest.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #132605

pretty sure only nurse spiders get morphine, and they're pretty weak in combat so yeah
i bet if we made them inject neurotoxin (the bar drink) and in low doses per bite it might be a bit better
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #132677

But getting addicted to spider bites is hilarious.
PKPenguin321 wrote:i bet if we made them inject neurotoxin (the bar drink) and in low doses per bite it might be a bit better
It's an instant knockover that's not really better.
lol
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #132687

from my experience taking a spider on 1v1 is doable but it'l probably leave you fucked up; when 2+ people take them on its ez but nobody ever wants to initiate and tank the damage so that rarely happens

do agree morphine probably isnt the best choice, just a slow acting poison would be better imo, dont know which since im not real well versed in chem
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #132740

Why do the spiders have opium bites anyway? Even just 'generic toxin' would be better, morphine is incredibly frustrating since you can't die and you can't expect to reenter the round either.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #132751

Reagents are too standardized biological sources namely botany and animals should be capable of producing their own unique poisons and healing chemicals, I mean a lot of organic chemicals are too costly or time consuming to create with plain old regular chemistry. There should be spider venom chemicals only from spiders that simulate spider bite effects instead of injecting drugs. Most lethal to humans spiders use neurotoxic venom meaning people should eventually become (not instant) paralyzed then they become incapable of breathing and if we ever get around to organ details in game cardiac arrest.

There is also necrotic venom which creates a rotting tissue at the bite area which can also lead to death, festering wounds would be a cute side thing to embedding and bleeding maybe requiring cleaning of the wounds to stop toxic damage until they subsist.