Agent cards: multiple reforge

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Should agent ID cards be allowed to be reforged any number of times?

Yes
32%
Yes
32%
Yes
32%
No
2%
No
2%
No
2%
Abstain
No votes
Abstain
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 66

Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Agent cards: multiple reforge

Post by Kelenius » #15983

This is a pretty straightforward idea: allow agent IDs to be reforged as many times as you want.

It would allow it to synergize better with voice changer, and would buff a very underwhelming spy bundle.

I'd like to hear opinions on this.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Agent cards: multiple reforge

Post by imblyings » #15988

yes

I remember believing agent ids were changeable as many times as you want when I first got hold of one.

Maybe remove the ability for it to stop AIs from tracking people with agent ID's in return- or perhaps have the agent ID lose the ability to block AI tracking after a certain amount of reforging.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #15992

It is fine to let it keep its anti-AI function. Agent cards are quite underused at the moment, so a buff would be quite helpful. A changeling traitor would use this for an unchallenged level of stealthiness! As the card steals access, you can change your job on the fly to fool Sec more easily.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #15993

This is a no-go simply because clicking an ID already flashes it. If agent ID's become unable to be flashed like that, people can and will meta the shit out of it. Course if you want to remove ID flashing, then this becomes doable, although sec will start testing ID's of everyone they brig.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #15996

MisterPerson wrote:This is a no-go simply because clicking an ID already flashes it. If agent ID's become unable to be flashed like that, people can and will meta the shit out of it. Course if you want to remove ID flashing, then this becomes doable, although sec will start testing ID's of everyone they brig.
Make reforging a verb? Make flashing a verb? Make clicking on an agent ID give you a popup menu with two options?

By the way, non-antags can't use agent IDs to scan access, and it can be easily made so they can't reforge them either.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #16005

Non-antags can use agent IDs to scan other IDs, it just doesn't show a message when it does unless the user is an antag.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #16013

MisterPerson wrote:sec will start testing ID's of everyone they brig.
THAT can only be stopped by limiting the ability to use of such items to traitors. Even then security will use captured traitors to test the items, heh.
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #16037

MisterPerson wrote:This is a no-go simply because clicking an ID already flashes it. If agent ID's become unable to be flashed like that, people can and will meta the shit out of it. Course if you want to remove ID flashing, then this becomes doable, although sec will start testing ID's of everyone they brig.
If I remember correctly, there's multiple items that have verbs which aren't click-on.
They're usually right-click or object tab verbs.
I'm sure the same could be do-able with the agent cards as well?
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #16040

Rumia29 wrote:
If I remember correctly, there's multiple items that have verbs which aren't click-on.
They're usually right-click or object tab verbs.
I'm sure the same could be do-able with the agent cards as well?
You can rename the detective's gun as often as you want with right-click. Same mechanic for this.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls