Another Secborg Idea

A place to record your ideas for the game.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Another Secborg Idea

Post by WarbossLincoln » #163673

I had this idea bout a half hour ago reading the announcement post that sec borgs will be gone.

Overall I like not having sec borgs by default. The test has gone pretty smoothly and the handful of antag rounds I've had have felt a little smoother. It's nice not having a valid-hunting, go anywhere, control all electronics, near unlimited ammo disabler metal monster scrutinizing your every step. But it does feel a little crappy as a borg to now be completely powerless to stop a harmful human. Borgs are now like the AI, basically only able to bolt doors and hope they don't have tools or windows to smash.

My idea is to code a new reset board. This board would turn a borg into a sec borg instead of setting them to the default cyborg. There would only be 1 board on the station and it wouldn't be printable. The board would be inside one of those safes that only open during red alert, like the space suit safes on the escape pods(I don't know if those are hackable but these shouldn't be). The safe would either be on the bridge or in the RD's office.

This would allow a single sec borg to be made during a Red Alert emergency to help defend the crew. You wouldn't have a small army of sec borgs valid-hunting random antags like we used to have. The RD/Captain could break out the board during a Revolution, Gangs, or Cult that gets out of hand. Or any Op round. Obviously going to red alert when something isn't happening just to get a sec borg would be metagaming and ahelpable.

What do you guys think? I wouldn't imagine it would be difficult from a code perspective. All the functionality exists except for that board, which would just be doing two functions that already exist at once. There would have to be a new safe mapped in somewhere.
--Crocodillo

Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: Another Secborg Idea

Post by Scott » #163757

>It's nice not having a valid-hunting, go anywhere, control all electronics, near unlimited ammo disabler metal monster scrutinizing your every step

Enjoy engineering cyborgs shadowing you. Validhunters are not being removed.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Another Secborg Idea

Post by Cheimon » #163800

Scott wrote:>It's nice not having a valid-hunting, go anywhere, control all electronics, near unlimited ammo disabler metal monster scrutinizing your every step

Enjoy engineering cyborgs shadowing you. Validhunters are not being removed.
Oh, they do, yes. But unless the engiborg is hacked, it can never stun an enemy. It can't even disorient someone if they've bothered with sunglasses. It has to be more indirect, which is the point.