Tasers effectiveness on stamina/wellbeing percentage

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Tasers effectiveness on stamina/wellbeing percentage

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #163823

My idea is very simple, its a stark contrast to what Kor has suggested already as a solution to 'fix combat'

Before we jump in, lets draw in chairs and boxing gloves as a example, both of these items when dropped beneath a certain threshold execute a 'critical hit' or special attack (chairs weaken, and boxing gloves execute haymakers) why not implement this for sec weapons?

In reality, some people especially when under the influence of some kind of drug (adrenals/other) or in extreme bodily physical shape do not go down immediately in one hit from a taser and sometimes need multiple officers on hand to subdue.

The typical officer taser can use these two functions pretty well, 1 or two disabler shots is enough to get someone low enough (where three would drop them normally, this could be raised to 5 before they 'drop' totally exhausted) for a guranteed long like current stun opposed to stunning straight away at full body capacity (good physical and stamina shape, buffed by additional drugs like nicotine and nutriment for vigor) to inflict stamina damage (doesn't stack, disabling them helps but the taser will wear off quickly and they may find time to get back up and crawl away slowly, its just to trip them up really and stop them running, the taser has a wear off where it will not work the second time outside of a immediate quick trip)

1 recent disabler shot to the back followed up with a immediate taser would be a nice balance to this as both a fair and power conserving method for taking out shitters whilst training aiming for a decent but not overpowered sharp stun that doesn't oppress or cause great bodily distress to the person being shot. A heavily induced taser shot would be identifiable by extreme stuttery language over comms and jittery movement whilst a responsible 1-1 shot would segment speech slightly but wear off quickly and be more discreet.

Making extremely induced and deliberate taser shots incur harm via the shock slightly singing them would also bring the AI into the fray more and punish excessive force and aggro asimov laws (just to be annoying).

As a balancing buff given its hard enough to switch modes without it being stolen, the advanced HOS multi-type laser i suggest also gets change in which clicking alt on the sprite in your inventory could immediately switch the mode to the intent you are at, with it being colour coded (blue for disable, grabs for taser and laser for harm, green disputable maybe some other function for the future, worth leaving open or some kind of grenade shooting attachment for flashbangs/teargas/emp)

Making more adjustments to make the combat system more in tune with stamina effects is a possibility but a thread for another time.

Thanks for reading through my suggestion. :engie: (any typos i have made are probably accounted for i am very tired in the writing up of this)

Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Tasers effectiveness on stamina/wellbeing percentage

Post by Zilenan91 » #163831

Disablers might get removed soon in favor of a lethal setting for tasers
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #164271

My PR for a 2 shot taser is still up.

The first shot gives you 30 stamina damage and makes you drop whatever is in your hands. The second shot (checked by stamina damage) stuns you like the old taser.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #164272

Zilenan91 wrote:Disablers might get removed soon in favor of a lethal setting for tasers
So they'll just be the /vg/ energy guns?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #164273

GeeElAge wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Disablers might get removed soon in favor of a lethal setting for tasers
So they'll just be the /vg/ energy guns?
Not really.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5932
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #164275

Wasn't the general feedback on this against two shot tasers
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #164280

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Wasn't the general feedback on this against two shot tasers
No it was very divided, actually the majority actually wanted to see it tested. Actually this would be a good example of how a vocal minority can make it appear like everyone is against.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #164293

I mean it was tested, I recall being sec and accidentally killing people because I was used to using my disabler For getting people off screen.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #164303

It was tested for like 2 rounds, so not really a whole lot of time to see what was going on with it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS