Walk Toggle - Combat Mode.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Walk Toggle - Combat Mode.

Post by Davidchan » #165210

So, this thread probably just belongs in the shitty suggetsions and poor ideas thread, but given the love hate relationship this server has with stun combat, it seemed appropriate to make this a proper suggestion to get shot down and flamed to death.

The Idea:Buffing Walk Mode.

How to buff? Making walking mode give stun and disarm resistance: All of these should not be applied at once, rather these are ideas to add.

1)While in walk mode, it would require two taser strikes to knock you down, though the first hit would freeze you momentarily and make you stutter.

2) Your stamina would increase slightly faster. How much faster would need testing, but 10-20% faster compared to norm seems appropiate.

3)Disablers would require 1-2 extra hits to knock you down (fighting defensively and with cover would allow stamina regen to help negate hits)

4) Disarm resistance: Disarm attacks have a 25% lower chance of working against you, from actual disarms to tripping (compared to current success rate, not overall. If the current rate is 10% success, vs walkers it would be 7.5%). Further testing could make you nearly immune to trips while in the walk stance.

5) Slightly higher accuracy with melee attacks while in walk mode, nothing significant but enough to be noticeable and give a person walking an edge over a person running and trying to juke.

Why? Because nobody uses walk mode unless they see water or slipping hazard. In making Walk mode an actual trade off instead of a debuff would make it used. Trading your speed for durability and making it harder for people to make hit and run attacks against you. Personally I would choose ideas 1 and 4 to get implemented first, further testing could have them toned down or add more ideas depending how testing goes and the community's reaction.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Walk Toggle - Combat Mode.

Post by Screemonster » #165396

Harder to trip up and disarm when you're actually planting both your feet on the ground and have your guard up rather than running around like a lunatic? Makes sense.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #165402

Had an idea similar to this a while back. Much better alternative to running draining stamina or whatever. Walking needs to be an accessable hotkey if it isn't already if this is implemented.

This wouldn't be too hard to code either. Maybe give people a small chance to dodge thrown objects (not shot projectiles) when walking too.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #165430

Harder to trip up? Taking beepsky for a slow leisurely walk anyone?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #165605

New Shitcurity tactic. "Wait, that guy's walking slow... GET THE LASERS THAT'S SUSPICIOUS!"
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #165618

T A C T I C A L
A
C
T
I
C
A
L
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #165704

might as well rename "run" to "walk" and "walk" to "brace" at this point
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #165726

shut up :D
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #165755

PKPenguin321 wrote:might as well rename "run" to "walk" and "walk" to "brace" at this point
What about 'Fight' and 'Flight' instead?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #165768

'sanic' and 'powergame'
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #165809

Davidchan wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:might as well rename "run" to "walk" and "walk" to "brace" at this point
That implies run is fast.

Also its better to not be hit then tank it in this game, even if you are an armored monster, so the small bonus from walking would lose out to gofast.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #165813

callanrockslol wrote:
Davidchan wrote:
That implies run is fast.

Also its better to not be hit then tank it in this game, even if you are an armored monster, so the small bonus from walking would lose out to gofast.
The point isn't to make walk better than run, the point is to make walk an option if you NEED to fight or just want to slap some greyshit up side the head cause he thinks he can just disarm your baton and beat you with it.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #165821

There's no point in having walking in-game. It's immersion-breaking. We've already figured out that sitting is bad for you and does all kinds of shit to your body. I am sure by 2550 the population will use standing desks and run everywhere like tarahumara do, as Christopher McDougal, writer for Men's Health magazine, wrote in his award-winning revolutionary ground-breaking book of epic adventure full of incredible characters, amazing athletic achievements, cutting-edge science, and, most of all, pure inspiration: "Joe the Ass-Rimmer: Eye-Popping Penetrations Volume IV", on sale, everywhere, now, get your copy, forever.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals