Secure Arrivals Docking Port

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Secure Arrivals Docking Port

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178399

Boy one thing that really ticks me off is when you latejoin as a Security Man, or a Head of Staff, and, boy howdy, the station announcements announce you just arrived, and holy doodie poo, you get ambushed by three revs/ gangsters/ new cops/ holoparasites before you even pass the potted plants

Maybe the brig could have a tiny little arrivals pod for Security/Head positions, so they have an opportunity to get equipped/abreast of the situation before immediately getting shit upon 30 seconds into their life.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Secure Arrivals Docking Port

Post by Lumbermancer » #178409

Camping arrivals shuttle as antag is against the rools.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178426

admins don't enforce the rules because they're too busy hammering buttons and shitposting on singulo and any shitler can say "i wasn't camping, i saw the announcement and ran there, prove i was camping you fucking SHIT, fucking admin abuse, I'm telling the forums you're a god damn doo doo head, stop bwoinking me, oranges let me shitpost on singulo about how the admin has a small weiner"
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #178433

Have you considered that maybe you should get gud and stop being a salty baby?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178437

i dunno niknak from what iv'e seen basically every decision that's ever been made to balance this game has been the result of someone refusing to get good and crying about it until something got removed or buffed.

that or goofball/paprika not getting enough attention and deciding to ruin something so they can sustain themselves off the negativity directed at them
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #178449

FYI if I catch conversion antags camping Arrivals. I'll first send a warning to people doing it. Next is a Central Command message IC-ly stating to knock that shit off or there'll be trouble.

After that comes the ERT.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178452

so three people need to die before you actually take action, and not even a ban, but spawning loot pinatas?

do you not see why this kind of thing is really irritating to people who might want to play sec or a head latejoin?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #178454

Anonmare wrote:Next is a Central Command message IC-ly stating to knock that shit off or there'll be trouble.
Except this isn't an IC matter, its a ban them so they fuck off and read the rules matter.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178456

i agree with saegrimr
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #178486

Super Aggro Crag wrote:so three people need to die before you actually take action, and not even a ban, but spawning loot pinatas?

do you not see why this kind of thing is really irritating to people who might want to play sec or a head latejoin?
I meant to say if it's not just one or two people but the whole team that's doing it. I can't exactly ban the entire cult otherwise the round would stop dead, maybe I could give them antag bans that start after the round but actual bans would throw the baby out with the bathwater in my eyes. If it's just one or two shitters that's doing it, then yeah it's the ban hammer I'll use instead.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #178489

Anonmare wrote:I can't exactly ban the entire cult otherwise the round would stop dead
Sure you can, just be sure to mash "spawn wizard" to get things rolling again.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #178524

But you don't even need to 'camp arrivals' though?
99% of people will go straight down the corridor - that's enough time for 50% of the crew to intercept and murder/convert/molest them, before they can do jack shit.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178527

yeah which makes it unfun to latejoin
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #178535

lumipharon wrote:But you don't even need to 'camp arrivals' though?
99% of people will go straight down the corridor - that's enough time for 50% of the crew to intercept and murder/convert/molest them, before they can do jack shit.
I think that's why SAC suggested sec and heads late spawn in a security arrivals area in the brig.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #178547

yes steelpoint gets it
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #178554

Rev is always a shitshow and when a head arrives late I feel torn if they get jumped right off because yea it's shit to do that but on the other hand it's literally the revs objective. Because at the same time it's kinda silly to tell revs "let the CMO be told it's revs over command as soon as they get to arrivals and then over to the armory to suit up with armor and eguns then it's k." Please note this only applies to heads.

Any other game mode the antag can fuck off if they're camping arrivals.

+1 to secure arrivals Crag is right again.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #178557

Aliannera wrote:Rev is always a shitshow and when a head arrives late I feel torn if they get jumped right off because yea it's shit to do that but on the other hand it's literally the revs objective. Because at the same time it's kinda silly to tell revs "let the CMO be told it's revs over command as soon as they get to arrivals and then over to the armory to suit up with armor and eguns then it's k." Please note this only applies to heads.

Any other game mode the antag can fuck off if they're camping arrivals.

+1 to secure arrivals Crag is right again.
Rushing to arrivals as soon as you hear the announcement is one thing, chilling out and waiting for people to spawn is what gets people thrown out.
This goes the same for plasma flooding/bombing it for the sake of bombing it.
I mean shit happens and carp/machines/singulo/meteors/spiders hanging around do happen, and that's unfortunate, but not a player problem.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #178612

Map more than one spawn point in attached to various public parts of the station and make it a guessing game as to which one the latejoiners randomly arrived at.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #178617

Super Aggro Crag wrote: that or goofball not getting enough attention and deciding to ruin something so they can sustain themselves off the negativity directed at them
crag is correct once again