PDA cameras

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

PDA cameras

Post by Shadowizard » #181256

Alright. So, my biggest issue with the PDA's is that this is the future. Cellphones have had cameras for quite a while irl, which is hundreds if not thousands of years in the past for our game. The PDA's should have cameras built in.

In order to ensure the camera item should still be a thing, Normal PDA's can only hold three pictures at a time. Pictures should be able to be sent via messenger, and uploaded to newscasters. This addition would effect gameplay by increasing the sense of paranoia in the game. It would no be easy to document incidents, for use in investigations and in trials (like either of those ever happen).

Feedback is appreciated.
Adam Twelve
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: PDA cameras

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #181264

i always thought that SS13 took place in The Far Off Future of The Year 1986, which is why most of the computers are text based and there's bleep bloop arcade machines and people use revolvers and sawn off shotguns.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #181265

Super Aggro Crag wrote:i always thought that SS13 took place in The Far Off Future of The Year 1986, which is why most of the computers are text based and there's bleep bloop arcade machines and people use revolvers and sawn off shotguns.
I thought the general """""lore"""""" is that retro style is very popular in the future, thus that's why you oft seen more retro themed items since that's all the fad.

Which is why you can see old style revolver and oversized CRT computers in one moment, and then see self-recharging laser rifles and high tech machines in the next.

-----

On the OP, a camera for the PDA would be amusing, and we don't see photography used much at all.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #181269

Could be a cart function for the Librarian (reporting), Detective (Evidence), and Captain (Captain).
Shadowizard

Post by Shadowizard » #181272

Super Aggro Crag wrote:i always thought that SS13 took place in The Far Off Future of The Year 1986,
Ah. That explains a bit. But still... the Cameras should be given to every PDA in order to make it easier to record crimes. You're less likely to commit a crime in open if you know the Assistant over there could take a picture of you. Also, one less thing for detective to carry.
Adam Twelve
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #181274

Just as long as they don't print pictures because god damn every assistant running around printing a naked photo of themselves on every tile of the station. It WILL happen.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #181276

I wouldn't mind seeing PDA's with a limited capacity camera, and wouldn't mind having it so it can't print... for obvious reasons stated above.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Shadowizard

Post by Shadowizard » #181278

I wasn't clear. It does not print. Semi-digital technology.
Adam Twelve
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #181312

Just make the cartridges more useful instead.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #181324

you can already send pictures with your PDA fyi, just slap your PDA with a picture before you send a message
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #181338

PKPenguin321 wrote:you can already send pictures with your PDA fyi, just slap your PDA with a picture before you send a message
yeah a guy kept sending me dick pics before, i vowed to murder him so i detonated his PDA and walked into his office to watch him getting eaten by a changeling. It was funny.