remove medibots synthesizing their own chems

A place to record your ideas for the game.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

remove medibots synthesizing their own chems

Post by cocothegogo » #186984

medibots synthesizing chems is stupid because what is the point of going to the medbay when the medibot will heal you right up

plus if we remove it chemists can actually use chems that they can put in bots to make them heal rapido also traitors can put chloral in them and kill people?
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Re: remove medibots synthesizing their own chems

Post by MrEousTranger » #187013

cocothegogo wrote:medibots synthesizing chems is stupid because what is the point of going to the medbay when the medibot will heal you right up

plus if we remove it chemists can actually use chems that they can put in bots to make them heal rapido also traitors can put chloral in them and kill people?
Absolutely not, why would you remove something that traitors use?
And they are an easy way to cure minor injuries, people still go to medical all the time to
pick up synth flesh and other healing items from chemistry.
I just don't see your logic.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #187017

MrEousTranger wrote:Absolutely not, why would you remove something that traitors use?
Traitors can still put in bad chems.
MrEousTranger wrote:And they are an easy way to cure minor injuries, people still go to medical all the time to
They can actually heal a lot, for free, no '''''''social''''''''' ''''''interaction'''''', so you can just bring one to your autismfort of a department and never have to go to medbay
MrEousTranger wrote:pick up synth flesh and other healing items from chemistry.
Yeah, going to chemistry is still worth it if this idea is added, because synthflesh will always heal faster than whatever he puts in the medbot.

also please don't cut your sentences in half
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #187029

This would make a mediborg 100% useless at round start. It would require cooperation from chemistry. Even as a doctor I've had a lot of chemists tell me to go fuck myself when asking for healing medicine. They usually just make their autism mixes and then suicide 10 minutes in.

I'm all for adding more cooperation but that's for things other than basic content. No one will ever play mediborg if it means hoping to get a cooperative chemist or being useless.
--Crocodillo

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187030

itt: shitty idea
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #187031

cmspano wrote:This would make a mediborg 100% useless at round start. It would require cooperation from chemistry. Even as a doctor I've had a lot of chemists tell me to go fuck myself when asking for healing medicine. They usually just make their autism mixes and then suicide 10 minutes in.

I'm all for adding more cooperation but that's for things other than basic content. No one will ever play mediborg if it means hoping to get a cooperative chemist or being useless.
The OP is referring to :medbot: not borgs, but the point is nonetheless valid, as it would make medibots entirely unused and eventually removed. I sense that may be the OP's intent anyway, or he would not care either way.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #187037

My bad, I retract the objections
--Crocodillo

Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #187050

most of these magical stuff should just take power.

APCs can obviously use wireless broadcast power. just make the medibots take a bunch from the nearest APC when they have to refill their synthesizers. cleanbots can do it too and then maybe having a power system in dis game will actually mean something every now and then
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #187051

Cik wrote:most of these magical stuff should just take power.

APCs can obviously use wireless broadcast power. just make the medibots take a bunch from the nearest APC when they have to refill their synthesizers. cleanbots can do it too and then maybe having a power system in dis game will actually mean something every now and then
I like this.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #187061

metastation spawns with an healing bot that roams the station
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #187084

cocothegogo wrote:plus if we remove it chemists can actually use chems that they can put in bots to make them heal rapido also traitors can put chloral in them and kill people?
you can already do this, they have a beaker storage and you can set them to draw from the beaker instead of the synthesizer
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187105

Their beaker storage should be infinite like their healing chems are so that they're better for traitor uses tbh
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #187115

MrEousTranger wrote: Absolutely not, why would you remove something that traitors use?
If we designed the game around this idea only it would be awful.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #187122

Zilenan91 wrote:Their beaker storage should be infinite like their healing chems are so that they're better for traitor uses tbh
honestly when i first read this my initial thought was "shitty ideas thread" but then i realized that bees already do this so how bad could it be
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #187126

Make em imprint the beaker mix like the scanning on the exosuit syringe gun there sorted.

Also squealing about infinite resources when the rounds don't even run long enough to use up the finite ones is pretty silly.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #187152

I like medibots because as a chemist they let me cut down on mass producing burn and brute patches and focus more on making fun chems.