Secondary Mining Station

A place to record your ideas for the game.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Secondary Mining Station

Post by XDTM » #196688

From the perspective of an R&D player miners seem to die way too often; for whatever reason, like the infamous watcher + goliath, ash walkers, a chasm or lava, or because they tried to solo a boss with roundstart equipment.
My idea was to set a secondary landing zone for the mining shuttle in a more peaceful section of lavaland, with less or no spawns: of course, to balance this, there would be no special loot/ruins. This would:
-Get new miners a location to practice in a somewhat safer zone until they get better equipment
-Split miners so if one is an antag the other two don't necessarily die
-Give people who job-change to mining an area to mine in without needing the specialized equipment, if the original miners are unavailable
-Be a way to still mine if the first base is compromised (ashdrake, ash walkers, etc)

Please, i'm tired of doing RnD several rounds in a row and never seeing a miner.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Re: Secondary Mining Station

Post by AnonymousNow » #196689

Sounds much like our old system, where going North-East from the mining station would yield a safer, less valuable haul, whereas North-West was full of goodies and monsters.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196690

Run asteroid parallel to lavaland when?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #196716

Scientists should not be able to go mine their own minerals without going through mining. We shouldn't be rewarding people who just wordlessly go get a bunch of stuff and then print a million guns and kill everything and end the round.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #196752

Ad some small asteroids On da station z level with small ores in em. That way once they're mined out you can connect them with catwalks and make them airtight and force lizards to live in the asteroids
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #196757

Make Lavaland the gateway mission it was always meant to be and put the SPACE back in SPACE mining.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #196791

I mean dragging an ore crate and strapping an oxy tank in your back isn't that hard. You don't need more items than a proto and an ore satchel, and that fits in pocket.

Just tell sec to let you use the gulag if Mining Station got Burned/Invaded/Judged/Gored.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196808

Davidchan wrote:Make Lavaland the gateway mission it was always meant to be and put the SPACE back in SPACE mining.
Make it so.

Three Ash Drakes crawling through the gateway when?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: