Reworked Holoparasites

A place to record your ideas for the game.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Reworked Holoparasites

Post by D&B » #197200

Holoparasites are boring. In my opinion, they are severely unbalanced leading to few being chosen when they were available. They were glorified extra punchers with an okayish extra ability, when the ability should be the thing to shine.

Thus, I suggest changes that make each holoparasite more situational, but in turn, stronger in that situational area. Do note that all the suggestions made are being suggested by someone with no experience in coding, and thus you are free, as a code, to go tell me to go fuck myself.

Standard: Reduce damage, but shorter delay between punches. The lower the health of the user, the harder and faster they hit. Damage resist equal to what the summoner is wearing.

Support: Higher healing, but rather than using healing punches, its a heal spell with a cool down. Twice as effective in other targets, 1/4 as effective on summoner. Teleportation doesn't need the summoner to stand still anymore.

Ranged: Completely invisible when scouting, can not talk nor hear, has a reduced range (so it is not infinite ghost walking.) Snares become a one time use seeing trap that the holo can see from (akin to an AI camera.) Can be used again to reposition the trap. Up the damage of the shards it fires, but remove the armor penetration.

Protector: Honestly, it sounds impossible to code, but it would be fucking cool if it could become a set of armor for the user. The holo cannot attack anymore, and the armor makes you slow as fuck, but gives you the same damage resist the holo does when out with the shield up. Can anchor itself in a position, giving the user increased damage resist, but applying the anchor effect it has (pulling the user back to itself.)

Explosive: Make user impervious to primed objects. Reduce physical damage and take out the teleportation on attack. Explosions are stronger, users can pick up and drop primed objects, and holo gains the ability to shoot one bubble every 10 secs (or longer.) This bubble explodes on contact. Holo can prime a person if the person stays still, next time someone hugs or interacts with said person, the person explodes dealing large amounts of damage. No gibbing.

Lighting: Removes lighting damage for the user (akin to insulated gloves.) Holo can interact with apcs or SMES units to give or take out energy. When deployed, the energy chain and attacks made by the holo will be dependent on how much "energy" the Holo has stored. Wet targets take twice as much damage, and user will suffer continuous damage if wet when the holo is deployed.

Charger: Make the charge push people back (like the pneumatic gloves.) If hit against a wall it deals extra damage, if not the target escaped. User will be pulled if the holo leaves the range during a charge, or the user can toggle the holo being pulled.

Chaos: Increase resistance to taser, disabler and sleep. Hitting someone scrambles their keyboards akin to the effect of breathing in lube. Can deploy smoke grenades that affect other people except the user. Smoke causes hallucinations and drunkenness. Or just keep the same abilities but rename it fire or fiery, since that's what his abilities seem to focus on.

Assassin: Going on stealth will no longer push stuff, rather being displaced. Can create a decoy in the shape of its user. If this decoy is attacked, all damage done to the decoy in the next 2 seconds will be doubled and returned to the attacker. Holo can only attack from stealth, but its damage is increased.

So yeah that's it.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Reworked Holoparasites

Post by DemonFiren » #197202

>twice as effective on other targets
>implying anyone with a stand would heal others, ever
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #197203

DemonFiren wrote:>twice as effective on other targets
It could happen if one of Medbay's stutter whores finds a tarot deck
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #197204

DemonFiren wrote:>twice as effective on other targets
> This one traitor, who always bought a healing holoparasite and played a friendly antag.
Forgot what his name was.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197213

No more ERP, no more stutter whores.

Also, open and friendly traitors are cancer. Unless they're clowns, then you should be terrified.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #197218

Honestly I never liked or saw the point of holos. They only existed to make the rest of the uplink pretty much obsolete in killing power and had no real utility outside of murder and healing since everything else was too unwieldy to use very well.

If I wanted to rework holos I'd remove them from the game and add a bunch of items that do all of their functions but healing. I'd put a firebot in the uplink that when placed, sets itself on fire and runs around bumping into people, setting them on fire, and teleporting them at the same time. Something else I'd add is a remote C-4 trap device, that if loaded with C4, could be attached to a door or really anything and when someone attempts to open it it explodes and probably blows off a few limbs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS