Tie the [now removed] HoG gamemode to ashwalkers.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Tie the [now removed] HoG gamemode to ashwalkers.

Post by Cobby » #212890

After the first person goes ashwalker, there should be a ghost role open where you play as the diety of ashwalkers. Similar to the HoG gamemode, structures can be placed down by the diety [the difference being the materials are bones,sinew, and materials and lavaland themed god abilities]. In place of the "prophet", the first ashwalker becomes "the witch doctor" or whatever you'd call the tribal variant of the prophet to coordinate people and, by extension, be the leader of the ashwalkers.

Pros:
  • N E W F E A T U R E
  • Can keep portions of HoG without it being wiped entirely [although said pull is already merged]. I feel bad an entire gamemode went down the trash.
  • Creates a new dynamic among ash walkers and """roleplay opportunities"""
  • IMO is more interesting than "kill stuff and put it close to tendies"
Cons:
  • Crucial Lore [Their worshipping of tendies] is now null
  • "OMG WHY DO NEW PLAYERS TAKE THE ROLE OF GOD/WITCH DOCTOR WTF SHIT PLAYER THIS IS MY LAVALAND!"
  • Covering lavaland with the equivalent to pylons sounds unaesthetically pleasing
  • >tfw no qt ashwalker gf cuz their parents only allow them to date other people who worship <diety here>
I'm writing this before I head to class so it may be trash but lemme know.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Tie the [now removed] HoG gamemode to ashwalkers.

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #212892

I'd hesitate to give ghost roles anything more complicated than what they have now unless the server's rules and policies were updated to reflect the new content.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #212933

I figured since it's tied to lavaland,( unlike griefbots [See: Drone] ), it would be less of a grievance to those who are actually playing unless they made the ***dangerous*** lavaland their HQ.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212952

>Fun idea
>Atlanta's first response is how can we vomit more policy onto the already vomit policy

Get out.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #212959

it's a shit idea because people already get mad at the ashlizards for entering the station and you want to give them even more ability to grow strong enough to do so.
Good job
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #212968

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Fun idea
someone gets it, heck yeah
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #212976

I like anything that is HoG, mainly because I want to actually try again for a win after my first time as God failed due to my team making fucking reinforced fucking glass instead of offering it to me.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #213103

I was under the impression that building structures on lavaland [with the tradeoff being they require the same materials used to make tribal armor/weapons] would encourage people to stay on lavaland and turtle rather than mindlessly meta the base location and rush it [which people will do regardless of this feature].

IMO it would mix it up for people who have already "completed" lavaland since there's a variability when it comes to player controlled enemies over NPCs. Plus anything that pulls people away from the much more trashy ghost role, drone, is a plus :^)
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213112

Ashliggers should have a tribal furnace for smelting shit they dig up, and the god should require those mats to build stuff to help the tribe.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz