Rage Chem

A place to record your ideas for the game.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Rage Chem

Post by XDTM » #225193

A chem that causes the target to fall into a mindless rage, AKA have a temporary "objective" to hurt everyone around them as much as possible or cause destruction, with the effects leaving as soon as the chem expires. Currently there is a precedent for this kind of mechanic with the bubblegum loot (mayhem in a bottle and the blood contract). Of course drinking it knowingly as non-antag would be as punishable as self-antagging, and so would be leaving it around as a non-antag chemist.

I think it'd be fun to watch someone throw a revolution gas grenade into the shuttle and watch the chaos happen.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Rage Chem

Post by DemonFiren » #225197

Alternatively, if at all possible, make the chemical turn you into a hostile SNPC for as long as it's in your system.
Ensure it wears off rapidly to avoid boredom.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Rage Chem

Post by Wyzack » #225198

Yeah i think DF is right on this one. While the original idea is cool, we all know this playerbase is literally incapable of self moderating on something interesting like this especially when VALID KILLS might be involved. Just making your character automatically attack people at random would be less of a horrible mess for admins
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster